X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Disney is now listing FW cabins as a Moderate resort

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw...rtOverviewPage

If you go here and click on moderate resorts it is now here.

Interesting.
    Kelly

Re: Disney is now listing FW cabins as a Moderate resort

I justed called Disney and there will be no price change. This is about getting awareness out there about the cabins.
    Kelly

Comment

I don't think the cabins should be considered "deluxe," as previously listed. On the other hand, they are priced double what moderate resorts are, so that doesn't seem like a fair classification either. Maybe it would be better to stick the cabins with the DVC resorts - in the "deluxe villa" category. The amenities in the cabins are more inline with DVC accomodations than anything else.

Comment

I thought it was a deluxe resort or considered that as well. I told the CM that it would come up with the deluxe properties and so many view it as a deluxe. I was told I was wrong and that there was no change in price.
        It sounds like they want families who want to stay in one room and there there only option was POR Riverside now have another.

Originally posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
        I don't think the cabins should be considered "deluxe," as previously listed. On the other hand, they are priced double what moderate resorts are, so that doesn't seem like a fair classification either. Maybe it would be better to stick the cabins with the DVC resorts - in the "deluxe villa" category. The amenities in the cabins are more inline with DVC accomodations than anything else.
        Kelly

Comment

The DVC angle has to do with their 'home away from home' accomodations appeal.

Comment

In everything I've seen or read, they have always been listed as either "Home away from home," or lumped into the "Fort Wilderness" category. I think it's a good way to start getting the word out there; I also think they decided on moderate because the website lists the starting price as the same as the mods, even though that is probably the value season.
            It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

double post
              Last edited by yoyoflamingo; 07-09-2008, 06:44 PM. Reason: double post
              It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

I was disappointed when Disney did away with the Home away from Home classification. It does fit FW perfectly. It is in no way a moderate resort. The accomodations, the location, the amenities of the campground - those are all closer to a deluxe resort. I think that Home away from Home fits the DVC very well too - I'd rather see them bring this title back.
                Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
                I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
                on Bay Lake.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X