This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Music vs. Movie Hotel....

I'm just looking for some opinions on what people who have stayed the resorts think which is better? I know on paper they are built the same, but which will be better for a couple on a budget with no kids.

Re: Music vs. Movie Hotel....

I like the overall feel of Movies better over Music but that's probably because I'm a movie buff. The layout is exactly the same for both so it really boils down to what theme you enjoy better.

If you like, I have some photos you can look through to help make your decision.

Movies: http://www.wdwfanpics.com/allstarmovies.htm

Music: http://www.wdwfanpics.com/allstarmusic.htm

Comment

I would recommend the jazz section of All Star Music.

Comment

movies
        Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Comment

music was refurbed not to long ago...
          He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
          follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
          DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Comment

If you're looking at value resorts, I'd go with Pop Century.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
              Thanks to everyone for their input, we left off Pop because we thought it looked like a bad acid trip on the outside decor......)

Comment

Aimster is right - Pop Century is the newest of the value resorts and has a great food court. The decor is actually really cute. The 50s and 60s sections are the best to stay in. I would avoid the 80s... :botox:

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
                  Aimster is right - Pop Century is the newest of the value resorts and has a great food court. The decor is actually really cute. The 50s and 60s sections are the best to stay in. I would avoid the 80s... :botox:

Thanks for the input. I've been trying to avoid the 70's and part of the 80's for a while now.......)

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                    X10! I love POP. If you're on a budget, that's the place to be. Stay in the 50s section, toward the back, on one of the upper levels, floor 3 or 4. While I didn't mind my stay at the Jazz Bulding in Music, it was one heckuva walk to the food court every morning and night.
                    "We are the change we've been waiting for! Yes we can!"

Comment

Movies would be my first choice but I usually go for Music. I think Movies tend to be the most crowded. If you are riding Disney busses the entire time then you would want Music or even Sports.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Goofy View Post
                        Thanks to everyone for their input, we left off Pop because we thought it looked like a bad acid trip on the outside decor......)
                        and the all stars dont?
                        Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
                          I would recommend the jazz section of All Star Music.
                          I did my College Program at the All Star Resort (I worked at all 3 Music Movies and Sports)

So out of all of the themes with all of the pros and cons weighed, and knowing the guest usage of the rooms, I would reccomend All Star Music in the Jazz buildings for SO many reasons!

LOVE IT!
                          Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Originally posted by #1Goofy View Post
                            That's the fun of it! I'ma pop culture junkie, so I LOVE staying there. I've been in the 70's building twice and the 50's building once. Looking forward to see where they put me next month. Last time I was in the 70's building I was way in the back corner on the top floor and it took me maybe 5-10 minutes to walk to the food court (but I'm a fast walker).

Comment

Originally posted by jane2073 View Post
                              Movies would be my first choice but I usually go for Music. I think Movies tend to be the most crowded. If you are riding Disney busses the entire time then you would want Music or even Sports.
                              The problem is that, a lot of the times, all three of the All Stars will share one bus. Staying at the Pop Century will guarantee you your own bus. Also, PC is slighty more convenient than the All Stars; unless you will be visiting AK a lot.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X