Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Almost time for 1st WDW trip in 15 years or so- suggestions?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Almost time for 1st WDW trip in 15 years or so- suggestions?

We're making a short trip to WDW at the end of this month- first time I've been there since they were building MGM- err, Hollywood Studios! Anyways, looking for suggestions on dining, and any thing else worth not missing.

We're staying off property, close by though, and hoping to hit the 4 parks and the two disney water parks at some point. Dining- looking to dine at O'Hana, Coral Reef, Garden Grill, Sci Fi, and 50's Diner. Any suggestions for the MK would be good as well as Animal Kingdom... We're keeping it casual, nothing too dressy for meals.

Also planning to see Philharmagic for sure, CBJ, and the other things we can't see at DL! Anything else you care to suggest?

Re: Almost time for 1st WDW trip in 15 years or so- suggestions?

Originally posted by booth22 View Post
    We're making a short trip to WDW at the end of this month- first time I've been there since they were building MGM- err, Hollywood Studios! Anyways, looking for suggestions on dining, and any thing else worth not missing.

We're staying off property, close by though, and hoping to hit the 4 parks and the two disney water parks at some point. Dining- looking to dine at O'Hana, Coral Reef, Garden Grill, Sci Fi, and 50's Diner. Any suggestions for the MK would be good as well as Animal Kingdom... We're keeping it casual, nothing too dressy for meals.

Also planning to see Philharmagic for sure, CBJ, and the other things we can't see at DL! Anything else you care to suggest?
    O'hana, Garden Grill, Sci-Fi and 50's are great places! I would also suggest Yak and Yeti at AK as well as the Rose and Crown in the UK pavilion.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Comment

For Dining:

Magic Kingdom
      Liberty Tree Tavern
      Crystal Palace
      Tony's Restaurant (Although I've read 50/50 reviews here but I had a good experience)

Epcot
      Le Cellier
      Japan
      Mexico
      Sunshine Seasons - Good Counter service.

DHS
      50's Prime Time
      Sci FI Dine In
      ABC Commissary - Good Counter service.

DAK
      Yak and Yeti
      BBQ - Good counter service (I always forget the name of this place)

Hotels
      Poly - Ohana
      Animal Kingdom Lodge - Boma

Those are some of my favorites but if you want to check out menus, I'd suggest this website www.allearsnet.com and if you want pictures, just click my signature.

Welcome to Mice Chat!

Comment

Originally posted by SummerInFL View Post
        For Dining:

DAK
        Yak and Yeti
        BBQ - Good counter service (I always forget the name of this place)
        The one right when you make the, um, right heading to DinoLand?
        He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
        follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
        DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Comment

MK
          - ride rickey space for the last time
          - see MILF to make your own decision
          - see CoP
          - compare snow white rides
          - enjoy the new HM
          - enjoy the high altitude fireworks (different type of show from DL)

EPCOT
          - don't wait for soarin' if you goto DCA often
          - definately see nemo at the seas
          - must do M:S orange and TestTrack
          - have some meals in World Showcase
          - get a good seat for Illuminations

DHS
          - experience the better ToT
          - don't skip RnRC
          - the stunt car show is pretty good as is Indy
          - startours is virtually identical to DL
          - the great movie ride is good for a large AA show

DAK
          - try to wander and not just go A to B to see the attractions
          - don't miss the Nemo musical
          - experience dinosaur
          - don't skip its tough to be a bug.. just so you can see the queue
          - everest.. multiple times
          - if you get another partial day sometime.. head to DAK early to see more of the animal exhibits. Its hard to see it all in one day if you actually visit them all

Water Parks
          - make sure you goto at least one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastierox View Post
            The one right when you make the, um, right heading to DinoLand?
            Yeah, I'm being lazy about looking it up, I always get it confused with Bengal Barbecue at DL. LOL

Comment

Is it Flame Tree BBQ?

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

Comment

I was going to suggest Philharmagic but it's already on your list!

Have fun and post a trip report for us!!
                With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by tayakaleb View Post
                  Is it Flame Tree BBQ?
                  Yes, thank you.

Comment

Another vote for the Flame Tree BBQ in DAK. As well as great food (bbq ribs or a tasty pulled pork sandwich!), the seating area is one of the best themed in any Disney park. Terraced seating in Asian ruins leading down to the water, where you can enjoy watching Expedition Everest across the way.

And just because it's a pet peeve of mine, it's not O'Hana's (Irish) - it's 'Ohana (Polynesian). Still great food there either way!

Comment

Sunshine Seasons - Good Counter service
                      I highly recommend the turkey sandwich!

Comment

I will add my vote into Flame Tree BBQ. It was good food.
                        Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

MK: Use Fastpass for Fantasyland rides, particularly Peter Pan. Also enjoy a better version of Winnie the Pooh. Don't miss the newly refurbished Haunted Mansion. Plus, this is your last chance to ride the "old fashioned" Space Mountain.

DHS: Fantasmic! has seating, and you don't have to show up hours in advance to have a good view.

Epcot: Explore the World Showcase, and don't miss Maelstrom at the Norway pavillion, or The American Adventure (audio animatronic show in the U.S.A. pavillion).

Animal Kingdom: Kilimanjaro Safaris is a must. Bring your cameras for that one!

Comment

Originally posted by booth22 View Post
                            first time I've been there since they were building MGM- err, Hollywood Studios!
                            Do DAK, espessially EE (if your'e a thrill seeker) and the Finding Nemo Musical. At DHS, TSMM:yea: , Fantasmic, and Tower. Epcot-Test Track and M:S. MK- Buzz, PhilharMagic, Splash, anything really. There. My two cents.
                            Last edited by MickeyM; 07-20-2008, 11:20 AM. Reason: additions

Comment

I also agree Flame Tree is my favorite at A.K.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X