This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Fantasmic! Cutting Back

Starting January 4th, Mickey's imagination will only be stirring 2 nights a week.

For those of you who don't know me, I did the CP last semester, working mostly on Fantasmic. I found out through various friends that it was announced to the cast and crew tonight that Fant would be cutting it's hours. No word yet as to why the change, or what (if anything) will be taking it's place.

While I have my own feelings about this, what's your take? Is Fantasmic! an important part of your WDW vacation? Your thoughts...

Re: Fantasmic! Cutting Back

Originally posted by quasimodo1384 View Post
    Starting January 4th, Mickey's imagination will only be stirring 2 nights a week.

For those of you who don't know me, I did the CP last semester, working mostly on Fantasmic. I found out through various friends that it was announced to the cast and crew tonight that Fant would be cutting it's hours. No word yet as to why the change, or what (if anything) will be taking it's place.

While I have my own feelings about this, what's your take? Is Fantasmic! an important part of your WDW vacation? Your thoughts...
    I'm from Ca and I LOVE FANTASMIC. It's a little different in Florida than CA isn't it? My favorite part are the Monkeys and the end with Steamboat willie on the Riverboat
    Janette

Comment

Wow...I just saw this show Saturday night with Summer and it was packed to the brim in there. It is a very popular show. Why would they scale back showings of something that is filled to capacity every night?
      Originally posted by larasound
      am I the burrito man?

Comment

When you said "cutting back", I was hoping you meant.. cutting back some aspects of the show... like the boring bubbles movie that goes on forever, or the equally bland Pocahontas sequence... I am however dismayed they plan to cut back from a nightly schedule.. but in this day and age at WDW, I am not surprised. How come the regular price of admission is not dropped during those days when DHS, a park that is already short on thrills.., is not lowered some?

Comment

Well WDW isn't a fan of closing stuff down temporarily no matter what. Is there possibility that they're working on something for the show but refuse to close the show entirely to get it done and so are keeping it going on certain nights and working the rest? Maybe it is their version of a show going dark for a slow season but refusing to do it in that wdw way =P

Comment

I hope almandot is right, since this show still packs them in all year round...

Comment

Haha, a friend was just complaining to me last week about Disneyland's show not being shown every day of the year like WDW's, & all I can do now is laugh!

Comment

If only they'd take out that horrible Pocahontas segment. It throws the whole thing way off balance.

Comment

This seems very strange. The cynic in me wants to say that Disney's just being a tightwad. I just hope that Disney is working on the show in the downtime.
                  - Horizonsfan

Comment

Has all the marks of an off-season need for more dark time.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

Comment

this just plane sucks..I realize it must be expensive to a point to produce but its SOO popular why on earth would they do that? I could see if they were going to do some refurb or re working part of the show or something but not just to save money on fireworks or that...people pay a lot for tickets and I can't think of a better way to kick of a night at the studios than a fantasmic showing...hopeuflly its not true or there will be enough guest grumbling they change their mind

Comment

I only see Fantasmic at WDW when Im with someone that has never seen it before. Its a bad copy of the show at Disneyland. Them cutting it back dose not affect me. Its amazing how much people at Walt Disney World love that show... If they see the one at Disneyland and compare the two, I don't think there would be as much talk about "How Great that was" on the way out"

Comment

I like The Happiest Millionaire. What's wrong with that?

Comment

The only thing the press release is missing is, "According to our polls and surveys our guests would prefer to see less of Fantasmic."

Comment

Originally posted by SomethingWicked451 View Post
                              I hope almandot is right, since this show still packs them in all year round...
                              Maybe because there is not much else to do at DHS after dark?
                              Bring back "Sorcery in the Sky" with "Fantasmic!"

Originally posted by Stimpy215
                              this just plane sucks..
                              I think you mean.. plain sucks.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X