Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Journey to the Center of the Earth at DAK?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Idea] Journey to the Center of the Earth at DAK?

    I think this would be a great idea! Imagine a smoking volcano on the other side of the Tree of Life. What a visual- E:E to the right, Journey's volcano to the left. Would certainly bring Harry Potter to his knees! I did some photoshopping just for fun. Looks great- you can see it on my blog.

    Would you like Journey at DAK? What do you think?
    Mark

    Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 500 Posts!
    www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

  • #2
    Re: Journey to the Center of the Earth at DAK?

    :cwink:
    sigpic


    Originally posted by Phonedave
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Journey to the Center of the Earth at DAK?

      ^^^Hmmm...
      Mark

      Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 500 Posts!
      www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Journey to the Center of the Earth at DAK?

        I don't think it would bring the legions of HP fans over for one attraction. It is a good idea, however I thought Disney and the OLC had a deal where Disney couldn't clone any of TDL's attractions.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Journey to the Center of the Earth at DAK?

          I thought there was a 10 year limit on that.
          Mark

          Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 500 Posts!
          www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Journey to the Center of the Earth at DAK?

            Oh that's right. I'm so stupid. Nevermind

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Journey to the Center of the Earth at DAK?

              I love, love, love the idea of TDS' JTTCOTE getting a version in the states. It could also possibly fit into the Magic Kingdom (in the top right corner) in a new themed land. Also, if EPCOT ever built a land about what people in the past thought of the future (like DLP's Discoveryland) , it would fit well there also.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Journey to the Center of the Earth at DAK?

                I really don't see how a JTTCOTE volcano would thematically fit on AK's Discovery Island? AK is not a futuristic park, it is a park about animals.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Journey to the Center of the Earth at DAK?

                  Originally posted by Indiana_James View Post
                  I don't think it would bring the legions of HP fans over for one attraction. It is a good idea, however I thought Disney and the OLC had a deal where Disney couldn't clone any of TDL's attractions.
                  If that's true then that is really sad. Disney is always going after people for the slightest stealing of ideas and now OLC is making rides that are so good that Disney cant have them even though they're in Disney parks!

                  I was really hoping for one of the American parks would get Pooh's Hunny Hunt someday!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Journey to the Center of the Earth at DAK?

                    The main creature inside is a fantasy-inspired animal- the Lava Monster.
                    Mark

                    Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 500 Posts!
                    www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Journey to the Center of the Earth at DAK?

                      There's no way the budget would be approved for this. Journey is like Indy wrapped in Mansion dipped in Pirates with a crunchy Test Track core. It is WAY too immersive & detailed (read: expensive) for any of the bean-counters at WDW to think it would be worth it. Everest is nice, but Everest is no Journey. Anyone who has actually ridden Journey will tell you this.

                      -- PMM

                      "Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Journey to the Center of the Earth at DAK?

                        "Journey is like Indy wrapped in Mansion dipped in Pirates with a crunchy Test Track core." Now I want it even more!
                        Mark

                        Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 500 Posts!
                        www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Journey to the Center of the Earth at DAK?

                          So is Journey the greatest dark ride (roller coaster?) ever, Matt? And how much do you think it would cost?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Journey to the Center of the Earth at DAK?

                            Originally posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
                            There's no way the budget would be approved for this. Journey is like Indy wrapped in Mansion dipped in Pirates with a crunchy Test Track core. It is WAY too immersive & detailed (read: expensive) for any of the bean-counters at WDW to think it would be worth it. Everest is nice, but Everest is no Journey. Anyone who has actually ridden Journey will tell you this.
                            Never say never. Many reliable sources have stated that Mysterious Island will come to AK in the following years where CMM is.

                            I've never seen an actual price tag on JTCE or the MI (that one would be hard to get) but, I think your over inflating it just a bit.How much of it's original price tag was R&D? How much was for costs associated with the Lava Monster (since it was such an advanced AA at the time)? How much was associated with upgrading/de-bugging the Test Track ride system? Any of those I just asked about would be able to be cut/reduced from a WDW budget.
                            - Horizonsfan

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Journey to the Center of the Earth at DAK?

                              Originally posted by horizonsfan92 View Post
                              Never say never. Many reliable sources have stated that Mysterious Island will come to AK in the following years where CMM is.
                              I've heard this before and whenever it comes up I keep thinking it'd be like putting a square peg in a round hole. CMM is a long walk back from the main (parade) route, and then it opens up into an area not even close to Mysterious Island's size. Then you have the consideration of is only Journey & Mt. Prometheus coming? What about Vulcania? What about 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea? How about the whole enclosed square-shaped space that Mysterious Island is that acts as the big junction in the center of the park which has a lot of foot traffic, and gives Journey cars the space they need to coast back to loading after the furious acceleration climax of the ride? Where does that all go?

                              I guess they could massively level that whole area and rip out a ton of trees in the process, but that goes back to the balooning budget problem. Realistically, I think they'll have to settle for building Mt. Prometheus with the Journey attraction alone. That would seem to fit better than building some kind of Mysterious Island-lite.

                              Originally posted by horizonsfan92
                              I've never seen an actual price tag on JTCE or the MI (that one would be hard to get) but, I think your over inflating it just a bit.How much of it's original price tag was R&D? How much was for costs associated with the Lava Monster (since it was such an advanced AA at the time)? How much was associated with upgrading/de-bugging the Test Track ride system? Any of those I just asked about would be able to be cut/reduced from a WDW budget.
                              But whatever savings come from that are immediately turned around and dumped into inflationary and added construction costs. 10-15 years ago or so, OLC gave the Imagineers an insane budget to build TDS, which a good part went into Mysterious Island. As much as we'd dream to have a little piece of the amazing place that TDS is in WDW, with the WDW bean counter culture being what it is, that's not going to happen. At best, this Journey'll be a cheaper knock-off of what TDS sports. At worst, it'll be simply a queue sans Terravator (which would be like trying to have Mansion w/o the stretching gallery) and a ride sans Crystal Caverns/Mushroom Forest and a minature version of the volcano escape.

                              Originally posted by disneyfann121
                              So is Journey the greatest dark ride (roller coaster?) ever, Matt? And how much do you think it would cost?
                              It's not a roller coaster, but I do believe of the 2 attractions that have ultilized Test Track's system - Test Track & Journey - Journey beats down Test Track & takes its lunch money with ease. Radiator Springs Racers (I really hope they think of a better title than this), will be the 3rd, but from what I've seen from the concept art n' such, it's not going to beat Journey in terms of immersive experience.

                              To build Journey properly in WDW would just cost too much in their mind I would think. I'll repost my video that I took last year of Journey. Ask yourself, would WDW really build this? And how much would the bean counters be willing to scale it down to fit their desires?
                              http://www.google.com/videoplay\?doc...28292880548913

                              -- PMM
                              Last edited by PeoplemoverMatt; 07-26-2008, 05:41 PM.

                              "Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X