Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

How do you save for your trip?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] How do you save for your trip?

I've been reading articles lately on how people are cutting back and trying to save money in different ways due to the economy. This made me ponder if there are any special way people cut corners or try to save money when they are saving for a trip to WDW?
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

Re: How do you save for your trip?

I work an office 9 to 5 job, so around October I get a part-time retail job and bank my extra paycheck for a couple months. Plus a discount at whatever store I'm working at comes in handy around Christmas present buying time.

By the time the Christmas season is over I've got my next vacay paid for and extra splurge money.

Comment

I took out money from each check, then used my stimulu check.
      usually I use tax return money.

Comment

Pinch a little off from every paycheck, first thing.
        Just countin' the days til the next visit!

Comment

As I tell a gal who wants to go but never has money..... do not get extra;s coffee, eat out,shows or so forth, put it away instead. soon you will have more then enough for a great trip. all it takes is a willingness to go with out a while so you can end up havign a wonderful time later

Comment

Normally, if I know I'm planning a trip, I take the money I spend on entertainment (DVDs, CDs, movie trips, etc) and put it towards a disney fund and try to eat out less. Its amazing how much it adds up.
            www.shannonhegarty.com

Comment

WOW!!! I am surprised that NO ONE has sold their first born yet to go to WDW. Should not be long.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                WOW!!! I am surprised that NO ONE has sold their first born yet to go to WDW. Should not be long.
                Ummm... about that....:lmao:
                He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
                follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
                DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Comment

About half of the cost of our trip is paid for by our income tax refund. The other half was from saving a bit from each of my checks as well as the fact that my daughter took this season off(cheerleading) so that freed up about $270 a month.

Comment

I'm going in January and I've been saving for the past three months now. I also get a huge financial aid check to use for college every semester like books and supplies but I won't need alot of it this semester so it um *cough* may get tucked into my vacation money *cough*

Comment

I'm spoiled... my BF gives me a good chunk of my WDW spending money. But I usually only use it on meals. I've been enough times I hardly ever buy souvenirs anymore.

Comment

Disney reward points.

Comment

I stay in and don't go out until I have saved enough money to go

Comment

Like most, we take a little out of our paychecks each month. We also save our change...it's paid for our flights at least!!
                            Kristen

www.magicaltravel.com Sponsors of the Disney Cruise Line Forum
                            Authorized Disney Vacation Planners
                            kristeng@magicaltravel.com

"To all who come to this happy place.......Welcome!"
                            - Walt Disney

Comment

i stopped eating. I walk to work. Who needs electricity? Anything for a Disney trip

Click the banner! ^^^^
                              Follow us on Twitter
                              @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
                              Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X