This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] What are the WDW secret collectibles

I noticed there was a thread for secret collectibles at Disneyland and I was wondering if anyone knows of any at WDW.

Re: What are the WDW secret collectibles

I mean like those buttons you can get on your birthday and stuff like that

Comment

Anything they put out before the end of the 20th century is nice to have in a collection. Except for the real expensive collector arts and figurines, all of the new park merchandise is so KB Toys, is worthless to collect.

Comment

Originally posted by beautiful_dreamer View Post
        I noticed there was a thread for secret collectibles at Disneyland and I was wondering if anyone knows of any at WDW.

I recently found out about the transportation cards. Thats something new to me (maybe I am out of the loop). I'll have to try and get the set next time I am there.

-dave
        "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
        "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Phonedave View Post
          I recently found out about the transportation cards. Thats something new to me (maybe I am out of the loop). I'll have to try and get the set next time I am there.

-dave
          Ooo..what are those?

I collect odds and ends stuff I can use in scrapbooks. Stickers, napkins, buttons (backs can be taken off), tiebacks. Basic random stuff.
          With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by FantasticDuck View Post
            Ooo..what are those?
            I second that. I've never heard of transportation cards.

Comment

the license things that you get from riding in the front of the monorail...
              He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
              follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
              DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Comment

I also got a drivers license when I rode on the Speedway in Tomorrowland.

Comment

Nice! I still have my DL autopia ones! Didn't know that they did the same thing at MK...
                  He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
                  follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
                  DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Comment

If you ride in the front of the monorail, be sure to ask the driver for your co-pilot's license.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastierox View Post
                      Nice! I still have my DL autopia ones! Didn't know that they did the same thing at MK...
                      So do I! I also have my decoder from when Indiana Jones first opened and my map from Jungle Cruise. I love free souvenirs!

Comment

the license things that you get from riding in the front of the monorail...
                        Actually, no.

They are trading cards that feature the different Disney boats, monorails and busses.
                        http://www.plan-a-magical-vacation.c...ion-cards.html

I have a couple. The drivers (boat pilots) are the ones who carry them. Usually if you ask nicely, they will give you one.

Comment

Originally posted by jane2073 View Post
                          Actually, no.

They are trading cards that feature the different Disney boats, monorails and busses.

I have a couple. The drivers (boat pilots) are the ones who carry them. Usually if you ask nicely, they will give you one.

Yes, those are what I was referring to, not the monorail pilot license.

Bus drivers have the bus ones. Monorail CM's (platform and pilot) have the monorail ones, and TRANSPORTATION boat pilots have the boat ones. Non-transportation boats, such as the Liberty Bell, or the ones on the EPCOT lagoon are not included, and their pilots do not have the cards.

Its pretty much a crap shoot as to if a CM has the cards or not at any particular time.

-dave
                          "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
                          "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

Originally posted by jane2073 View Post
                            Actually, no.

Thanks for the information! I'd heard about these before, but just in passing and to be honest I'd completely forgotten about them. I'm gonna try and collect them now!

Comment

Originally posted by mikeland View Post
                              I also got a drivers license when I rode on the Speedway in Tomorrowland.
                              You should see the nice Attraction collector cards they were handing out at HKDL today... Now, why can't they do that kind of stuff at WDW?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X