This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] WDW's 5th Gate Revealed in Detail

It seems that the boutique park rumored to be called "Disney's Night Kingdom" is being called "Jungle Trek" by UK marketers. The story was broken by VernUK on the wdwmagic.com boards:

5th Park "The Jungle Trek" ?
    http://www.idealbuildout.blogspot.com/

Re: WDW's 5th Gate Revealed in Detail

Sounds like a pimped up DAK.

Comment

I'm a big fan of animals, zoos, and immersive, themed exeriences. But....on paper this just doesn't sound like much to me. For sure not something I'd drop over $1000 for my family on! I don't get it yet.

Comment

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing this.

Comment

I think it sounds brilliant, I would pay to do this

Comment

FYI, this information has been deleted by the user in the original wdwmagic post.

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

Comment

THe OP of the info probably realized he had broken a non-disclosure agreement of the survey and needed to protect his butt. But, the OP of this thread is probably not bound by any such thing.

As said above...I still don't get it. Prove me wrong, DIsney! Prove me wrong....

Comment

As a semi-related question, does anyone know how DAK is doing now? The reason I ask is because one of my friends just went and absolutely HATED the park. He said he would never go back.

So, my question is, could this survey be an attempt at "plussing" DAK so it's more successful? Or, has love for the park actually picked up since its early days?
                -Tim

Comment

*yawn*

Pass

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                    Sounds like a pimped up DAK.

That's what I was thinking. I dont see why a vast majority of the stuff on that list cant be somehow inserted into the current DAK in some form given that park's half day status.

This whole Night Kingdom thing is just worrysome. I know it's far too soon to judge the possible flop this park might become but man those prices!!!

Oh yeah "Jungle Trek"? Lame Name.

Comment

It sounds like a lot of fun but I wouldn't pay the over $1,000 for a family of 4 to do it when another day at AK essentially costs me less than $10 on my multi day ticket.

As a semi-related question, does anyone know how DAK is doing now? The reason I ask is because one of my friends just went and absolutely HATED the park. He said he would never go back.
                      Not sure this year due to economic and other conditions but last year it saw a very robust gain in attendance.

So, my question is, could this survey be an attempt at "plussing" DAK so it's more successful? Or, has love for the park actually picked up since its early days?
                      The park has definitely picked up. By the way, we loved AK and thought it the 2nd best park in the complex. My only gripes are I would have liked to see more and there is of course the hiccup in Dinoland that should be re themed immediately. Dinosaur is cool. And the Dinosaur theme is fine. But the carnival and the playground... Yeeeeeuck!!!

It sounds just a bit too big to be merely a plussing. But on the other hand, it also sounds like they could be using some of the areas of AK to do some of the stuff.

Comment

Hey this sounds cool
                        Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Comment

Originally posted by halltd View Post
                          Can't please everybody I guess. AK is my favorite WDW park, though I love MK's classic rides.

So, my question is, could this survey be an attempt at "plussing" DAK so it's more successful?
                          It sounds more like a Discovery Cove competitor. But I wish they would they put this in DAK. The only complaint I have with DAK is...I think there needs to be at least one more major ride where animals are incoporated into the attraction, like Kilimanjaro Safaris. Originally the Asia section was to have had a real life Jungle Cruise (one piece of concept art for this is readily available on the net) but this fell victim to Eisner's budget cuts. This would have been a great compliment to KS across the way. The direction AK is headed these days, there seems to be no further attempt to integrate the animals into the rides....just rides with a nicely themed zoo on the side.
                          Down with the Hat

Comment

lies. all lies.

Comment

I'm still a little confused... what exactly is it, and how is it considered a theme park?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X