Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Forums Retheme

Hello Folks,

Delayed, due to unforeseen circumstances our presentation of "MiceChat Forum Makeover" has been delayed till next weekend.

MiceChat Forums will be going through a design change and much needed update. This update will give a more modern look as well as bring in mobile viewing options. So you may see the forums looking strange as we implement the new look.

Thank you all, and happy MiceChatting!
See more
See less

Xmas decorations on Castle being installed. Already!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Xmas decorations on Castle being installed. Already!

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    That's the price WDW has to pay for having such a huge castle. It takes them longer to decorate it.
    I've heard they could do it overnight if they wanted to.

Comment

ORWEN: Well, if they weren't noticiable, we wouldn't hav noticed them. But we saw them from the left side of the castle when we did our noticing. If you were sitting in front of the castle--where no lights were up, yet--then of course you wouldn't have seen them.

Comment

Yeah. I can't imagine why they would need to start this so early. Publicity shot maybe but seriously, did they not take any pictures last year? I know this is also the time of the year they start with the osborne lights, but thats a few Millions lights. The Castle doesn't have anywhere near this.

I will say this.... I did not notice the netting at all, until after about 15 minutes of standing in front of it while watching Dream Along with Mickey. I did notice Dream Along with Mickey was not using the living characters on this particular performance. I guess with the extended show schedule, there just isn't enough to go around.

Comment

ORGOCH: Ya mean they just had the DEAD characters out fer the Scream Along with Sickey this time?

Comment

Maybe it's something they are using for Halloween this year as well. That'd be cool.

Comment

Okay, Now I am hearing its because of Miley Cyrus's Birthday Party.

Comment

ORWEN: Whatever the reason they're doing it makes the castle look awful during the day. I long for times when the Disney castles were just left alone except for the necessary refurbs and paint touch ups.

Comment

Here are a few pictures from my friend John Corigliano:

Comment

Originally posted by HMF View Post
                    I've heard they could do it overnight if they wanted to.
                    Not exactly. Actually not at all.

The programming that goes in to these things is mind boggling.
                    sigpic

Originally posted by Phonedave
                    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Manning View Post
                      Here are a few pictures from my friend John Corigliano:

Very interesting. its so invisible. Its beginning to look alot like christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
                        Very interesting. its so invisible. Its beginning to look alot like christmas.
                        Yah. In August...

Comment

Originally posted by WDW Monorail View Post
                          The programming that goes in to these things is mind boggling.
                          I would assume the programming that was done last year would be in use for this year, so any new programming wouldn't take months to write.

Comment

There are a lot of reasons why this is happening right now. Be patient, because the enhancements from last years lights to this years is going to be worth the extra time!

There is a 5 year plan with the castle and lights, so just wait and see!
                            Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

I was there in early Sept. of last year, and they were just starting to put up the lights. It's not that much earlier this year.
                              "Keep Moving Forward."

Comment

Originally posted by danyoung View Post
                                I would assume the programming that was done last year would be in use for this year, so any new programming wouldn't take months to write.
                                From what I was told, that is not the case.
                                sigpic

Originally posted by Phonedave
                                Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Comment

Since I will not be there when they light the castle, can I beg someone to take high resolution pictures for me?? Please so I can upload them to snapfish and buy a few. I have always wanted some good high resolution pics of the lighted castle!!!
                                  I will miss the lighting by one day. one stinking day

Comment

Originally posted by WDW Monorail View Post
                                    From what I was told, that is not the case.
                                    You are correct in this Monorail!

Comment

Originally posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
                                      Since I will not be there when they light the castle, can I beg someone to take high resolution pictures for me?? Please so I can upload them to snapfish and buy a few. I have always wanted some good high resolution pics of the lighted castle!!!
                                      I will miss the lighting by one day. one stinking day
                                      NobdyHome ALWAYS gets fantastic pictures of the castle! I have a great picture by Nobdyhome on my desktop right now!

Comment

Originally posted by OFTEric View Post
                                        NobdyHome ALWAYS gets fantastic pictures of the castle! I have a great picture by Nobdyhome on my desktop right now!
                                        Thank you!!! I still have one on my desktop too (I have 6 desktops on my website of the castle here: http://www.mousesteps.com/index.php?...148&Itemid=110 )
                                        Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
                                        I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
                                        on Bay Lake.

Comment

I know!! I asked her a few times I never take which is not mine. Snapfish requires high resolution and when there posted here there usually made smaller not good when I want to have them made into pictures. at least I have found this thru snapfish anyways.

Comment

Working...
                                          X