X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Disney in February

Hello folks,

My wife and I have been invited to spend a couple of weeks in Florida starting on February 1st 2009. It's my first trip to the Sunshine State in about five years, and my wife has never crossed the Atlantic before. (We're from the UK, in case you're wondering).

I just have a few questions - what is the Florida weather like that early in the year? I've only ever visited in high summer before so don't know what to expect.

Also, how busy is the resort in February? Is there anything in the way of events or seasonal entertainment we should check out?

Lastly, looking at Florida as a whole, is there anything particular to that time of year we should get to? (I'm thinking shuttle launches, seasonal entertainment/festivals, local wildlife and flora, etc.)

Any help would be much appreciated!
    Originally posted by fizzog
    Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

Re: Disney in February

Originally posted by soundtracker View Post
    I just have a few questions - what is the Florida weather like that early in the year?
    Its colder. Some days you may need a light jacket. But I love toruing the parks in that kind of weather

Also, how busy is the resort in February?
    President's week can be quite busy, but other than that its generally quiet. Since you are starting your trip on 2/1 you should be just fine

Lastly, looking at Florida as a whole, is there anything particular to that time of year we should get to? (I'm thinking shuttle launches, seasonal entertainment/festivals, local wildlife and flora, etc.)
    Personally, I can't be bothered in doing anything other than Disny when I'm there
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

I've gone President's Week for 3-4 years, and I have found it to be less crowded than high summer, so if you have gone then, February seems like a nice respite.

As far as weather, usually I found it to be warm enough for short sleeves and jeans during the day, with a jacket or sweatshirt in the morning or evening.
      It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Weather-wise, it can be warm during the day and cold and night. Or it can be cold, and downright cold, all day and night. We're talking temps that can be as low as in the 50's or as high as the low 70's during the day. And as low as the 50's and even down into the 30's at night (we do get the occasional overnight frost/freeze advisory).

As for other events, if you're here while it's going on, definitely come to Tampa for the annual Gasparilla Pirate Fest! It's basically Tampa's version of Mardi Gras, but with pirates!

http://www.gasparillapiratefest.com/

Comment

As far as crowds, I recommend paying attention to TouringPlans.com expected crowd calender. If you have a copy of The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World, you can view the full calender for free. If you don't own a copy, you can view the expected crowd levels for a month without a charge or to see the whole calender you can pay a fee (I think it is like $10). The calender is extremely accurate. Len Testa and unofficial Guide data collection team do a phenominal job tracking the crowds and wait times.

Comment

Originally posted by Krankenstein View Post
            The calender is extremely accurate. Len Testa and unofficial Guide data collection team do a phenominal job tracking the crowds and wait times.

That is true. I don't know how they do it really
            www.jamboeveryone.com
            Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for all the tips, guys. You've all been a great help. If I have any further questions, closer to the time, I'll be sure to re-post.

Thanks again!
              Originally posted by fizzog
              Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

Comment

Also, how busy is the resort in February? Is there anything in the way of events or seasonal entertainment we should check out?
                Yes, the manatees. I recommend Blue Spring.
                Kevin Yee
                MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
                Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
                Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
                Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
                Mouse Trap
                Tokyo Disney Made Easy
                101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
                Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X