This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Castle Dream Lights 2008

I have heard from a couple people that this years castle dream lights will have more lights, lights installed on the back of the castle and some extending into the Hub area. Is there any truth to this?

I have also heard that Disneyland may extend their castle lights possibly down main street this year. That would be awesome if that happened! Not sure how true that is though either.

Re: Castle Dream Lights 2008

There are several reasons as to why the lights are going up a bit earlier this year.
    sigpic

Originally posted by Phonedave
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Comment

Originally posted by WDW Monorail View Post
      There are several reasons as to why the lights are going up a bit earlier this year.
      Cheaper labor?

Comment

Oh, I can't wait, it was stunningly beautiful last year, this year should be no exception.

Comment

Originally posted by SummerInFL View Post
          Oh, I can't wait, it was stunningly beautiful last year, this year should be no exception.
          Agreed. This is one of the best things ever done at the MK..like, ever!
          I sure hope they add to this around the hub. (Bring Lights of Romance from TDL...wink,wink)

Comment

Last I heard this is the plan.
            Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Originally posted by WDW Monorail View Post
              Ok I'll bite ... what are the reasons?

Comment

Originally posted by tjcjr View Post
                The most practical is that as soon as the crane finished its job at the Liberty Square Bridge, it moved directly over to the castle and began putting the lights on the higher turrets. This saves money, time, and does not inconvienience guests, cast, and the construction crews as much.

The more technical reason is that the castle received a complete upgrade to its exterior lighting, including new projectors, replacing the AR500s which were installed in the '80s (which now looks spectacular by the way). Therefore, lots of programming and tweaking must be done.

As for the lights around the hub, I only heard that as a rumor, so I don't know for sure if it is happening or not.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tjcjr View Post
                  The most practical is that as soon as the crane finished its job at the Liberty Square Bridge, it moved directly over to the castle and began putting the lights on the higher turrets. This saves money, time, and does not inconvenience guests, cast, and the construction crews as much.

The more technical reason is that the castle received a complete upgrade to its exterior lighting, including new projectors, replacing the AR500s which were installed in the '80s (which now looks spectacular by the way). Therefore, lots of programming and tweaking must be done.

As for the lights around the hub, I only heard that as a rumor, so I don't know for sure if it is happening or not.
                  sigpic

Comment

When you say "looks spectacular", do you mean it in a similar fashion to TDL's castle ligthing, with programmable dancing strobes, filmed animation/projections and effects and spot-specific lighting to add accents to separate parts of the castle as opposed to an overall color wash?

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                      Agreed. This is one of the best things ever done at the MK..like, ever!
                      I sure hope they add to this around the hub. (Bring Lights of Romance from TDL...wink,wink)
                      From the pics/videos I've seen, I would looove to see Lights of Romance brought over here!

Comment

Would be sweet to see the lights all around the hub, in the trees, down mainstreet, on the garland, town square, train station, Christmas tree LOL. Maybe in a few thousand years we will see all that lol.

If that happens at all I think Disneyland would be the first to have it.

Comment

It already happened first at TDL I am afraid...but no snowlike lights in the castle
                          Originally posted by aimster View Post
                          From the pics/videos I've seen, I would looove to see Lights of Romance brought over here!
                          For those who are interested in what the Lights of Romance looked like... click on my album link below and then click on "Farewell Lights of Romance" album from there... then click to "Watch Show" for full effect. Takes 4 mins to see the magic unfolds.
                          Last edited by TDLFAN; 09-03-2008, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X