Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Five yr old and Everest?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Five yr old and Everest?

Well, my daughter had TWO growth spurts this year. Last year, she barely made the height requirement to ride BTM, Splash and Soarin. Now, she's over 44 inches! Me and hubby were checking out height requirements on WDW's rides, and saw that Everest's level is 44 inches. So, we are considering letting her ride. A little backstory...this child is a thrill rider. She adores BTM, and Splash. And she loves the HUGE wooden roller coaster here in town. Even I can't ride that. But, her and her father LOVE it. I know there's no loops in Everest, which is the only reason I am even considering it. Anything with loops is off limits for her. But, I am still wondering if this is something she'd be okay on. I've only rode three times....and will ride again once we get there, and then make my final decision. what do ya'll think?

Re: Five yr old and Everest?

If she loves BTMRR, she will love Everest even more. It's lots of fun.

Comment

She will be fine. If not, let her cry until she gets over the scare.

Comment

yeah. I'm thinking that I'll let her ride. She rode ToT last trip....that was in Oct. She didn't like it while she was on the ride, but, when she got off....she kept talking about how much she liked it.

Comment

Yea Everest is a great ride and she'll love it if she likes things like BTM and especially wooden coasters - those are more jerky than everest... hehe trust me.

-SPACE

Comment

Originally posted by Stitchy View Post
            yeah. I'm thinking that I'll let her ride. She rode ToT last trip....that was in Oct. She didn't like it while she was on the ride, but, when she got off....she kept talking about how much she liked it.
            Let her ride! Give her the option and let her decide! Though I do think you should let her do loops!
            Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

She will love it - my son was 6 years old and thought it was the greatest ride ever.
              sigpic
              Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

My son was five the first time he road EE and loved every minute of it. So far it his most favorite ride of all times!

Doug

Comment

My stock answer - you know your child better than anyone (presumably) so you decide.

However, My youngest did EE when she was 5 and loved it. She did M:S when she was 4, but they would not let her on EE as she was just barely tall enough and the CM said no

-dave
                  "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
                  "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

As long as she's tall enough and likes roller coasters she should be fine, EE is a very smooth ride, it dons't knock you around as much as BTM. It kinda reminds me of a steel version of the Wildcat wooded coaster at Hershey park... Which my daughter rode at about 4 years old and is much rougher than EE.
                    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

Looks like your 5 year old is going on EE! I would say, based on how you described her, she will LOVE it. Have fun!
                      Authorized Disney Vacation Planner
                      Magical Travel- forum sponsor
                      magicaltravelkc@yahoo.com

Comment

I'm with the let her ride group! My oldest is a thrillseeker and he would've loved EE at that age.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

my 6 year old likes it and he is afraid to do Tower of Terror so you should be OK
                          www.jamboeveryone.com
                          Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

yeah, I'm thinking she'll be okay. She'll probably want to ride again and again. She's a thrill rider....just like her daddy.

thank you all SOOOO much for your input!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X