This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] No meal reservations :(

So, this trip is VERY last minute. My husband decided he wanted to go to Disney World before his deployment in Jan. Usually, I have the days counted out far in advance as to when I can make our meal reservations. This time....I just didn't have the prep time. We have reservations for Liberty Tree Tavern, Princess Storybook Dining, and Garden Grill. We wanted a Cinderella breakfast or lunch SOOO badly, cause, my parents will be with us, and we wanted to take them. Unfortunately, nothing is availiable for the days we want to go to MK.

Here's my question....

Is there ANY real chance of someone canceling and me snagging the reservation?

When is the best time to call to do this?

I have called twice today...with NO luck. Any advice?

Re: No meal reservations

Originally posted by Stitchy View Post
    So, this trip is VERY last minute. My husband decided he wanted to go to Disney World before his deployment in Jan. Usually, I have the days counted out far in advance as to when I can make our meal reservations. This time....I just didn't have the prep time. We have reservations for Liberty Tree Tavern, Princess Storybook Dining, and Garden Grill. We wanted a Cinderella breakfast or lunch SOOO badly, cause, my parents will be with us, and we wanted to take them. Unfortunately, nothing is availiable for the days we want to go to MK.

Here's my question....

Is there ANY real chance of someone canceling and me snagging the reservation?

When is the best time to call to do this?

I have called twice today...with NO luck. Any advice?
    If your heart is set on Cinderella Castle, then I suggest calling every day, maybe even twice a day, crossing your fingers, and be willing to take any time reservation.

Good luck!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Chances that Cinerella will be canceled are really slim I'd think since it's so very popular. I don't know if there's a better time or not to call, but do check early on the day of for the last minute cancellations. Best of luck to you! I hope something opens up.

And hopefully this won't turn into a dining plan bash thread.
      Good morning, son
      In twenty years from now
      Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
      And I can tell you 'bout today
      And how I picked you up and everything changed
      It was pain
      Sunny days and rain
      I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

oh, we don't have the dining plan....we NEVER do that. Just seems way too complicated.

I plan on praying....hoping....and calling everyday.

Comment

If you would like to eat with Cinderella, there is a really fun dinner at 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian Hotel. It has Cinderella, the Prince, the stepsisters, and Lady Tremaine. I ate there last December, and it was a lot of fun.
          BarbaraAnn

Comment

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
            If your heart is set on Cinderella Castle, then I suggest calling every day, maybe even twice a day, crossing your fingers, and be willing to take any time reservation.

Good luck!
            What he said.

Comment

Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
              If you would like to eat with Cinderella, there is a really fun dinner at 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian Hotel. It has Cinderella, the Prince, the stepsisters, and Lady Tremaine. I ate there last December, and it was a lot of fun.
              It isn't just eating with Cinderella! The breakfast is pretty darn Magical! I have had the pleasure of dinning with Cinderella quite a few times in the morning, and as you are looking out over Fantasyland from the huge windows you can't help but be filled with a smile that starts in your toes and works it way up until you are smiling ear to ear!

After you are done dinning you walk out and are ready for a magic filled day in the Magic Kingdom...

I would call every morning at 6am, and check. You aren't staying at the Grand are you?
              Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Well you can try upgrading to club level at one of the deluxe resorts, they sometimes have a block of tables set aside for the concierge. Other than that keep trying, and when you arrive keep trying, call the switchboard and ask to be connected with the restaurant directly, and of course check in person to see if there are any ladt minute openings.

As an alternative I would suggest 1900 park fare or the Princess Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner at Epcot. You won't usually get Cinderella and the FGM at Epcot, but you will probably get to see Mulan, Ariel, Mary Poppins, Sleeping Beauty, Jasmine and Bell and the food is good.
                Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

thank you all very much. I will continue calling a couple times a day. Hopefully, something will open up. Maybe you all can answer another question...

If I make all my reservations for 5 people, and my parents end up not going with us....do I have to cancel those reservations and try to make new ones for 3 people.......or can we still show up only as 3 people?

Comment

thank you all very much. I will continue calling a couple times a day. Hopefully, something will open up. Maybe you all can answer another question...

If I make all my reservations for 5 people, and my parents end up not going with us....do I have to cancel those reservations and try to make new ones for 3 people.......or can we still show up only as 3 people?
                    I would call and let them know it's changed from 5 to 3 so you don't get hit with the fee on your credit card, also it's just common courtesy so someone else might be able to enjoy it in their place.
                    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

well, I asked the operator and she said just tell them that two people cancelled when we get to the restaurant. I don't think it would allow anybody else to make a reservation, since, as I understand it...

they have a set number of tables, and every table allows for a set number of people. So, your group may consists of 4 people, but, they only have tables for 3. So, me cancelling two people might cancel my reservation. In that case, I might be stuck with NO meal reservations. If there's no tables for 3. So, by keeping the reservation for 5....I can show up and use it as a three top, and still be fine.

Thank God. I didn't want to have to make all those reservations again. whew!

I might not know the party number till the last minute anyway. There are complications as to whether or not my parents will be able to go on the trip at all. We may not know till the very last minute if they can go. So, I'd rather keep the 5 top reservation just to be on the safe side.

Comment

well, I asked the operator and she said just tell them that two people cancelled when we get to the restaurant. I don't think it would allow anybody else to make a reservation, since, as I understand it...

they have a set number of tables, and every table allows for a set number of people. So, your group may consists of 4 people, but, they only have tables for 3. So, me cancelling two people might cancel my reservation. In that case, I might be stuck with NO meal reservations. If there's no tables for 3. So, by keeping the reservation for 5....I can show up and use it as a three top, and still be fine.

Thank God. I didn't want to have to make all those reservations again. whew!

I might not know the party number till the last minute anyway. There are complications as to whether or not my parents will be able to go on the trip at all. We may not know till the very last minute if they can go. So, I'd rather keep the 5 top reservation just to be on the safe side.
                        I have every confidence that it will work out, and you will have one mighty magical vacation!
                        Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

oh, we don't have the dining plan....we NEVER do that. Just seems way too complicated.
                          Giving my Key to the World card to the server and they deduct what is necessary really does seem complicated, doesn't it?

Especially when I just look at the bottom of the receipt and see how much credits I have left in each tier. God I hate numbers.

I agree, call everyday.
                          Burnt Toast
                          The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt Toast View Post
                            Giving my Key to the World card to the server and they deduct what is necessary really does seem complicated, doesn't it?

Especially when I just look at the bottom of the receipt and see how much credits I have left in each tier. God I hate numbers.

I agree, call everyday.
                            Pretty sure Stitchy's talking about how complicated the explanation is before the money is spent on it, and the poor guest is handcuffed into a 'well you bought it, might as well eat it!' position.

Especially when the Dining Plan includes so much food that a lot of guests would not buy spontaneously during their day, and no guest that I'm aware of has ever self-budgeted themselves 'credits' based on 'tiers' of dining inside WDW. It was always based on money, in which terms Disney never talks while describing their Dining Plan. God, Disney must hate monetary numbers, or think maybe the average guest wouldn't think the plan is so wonderful if guests were having the plan explained to them in the language guests are used to thinking in.

If I was Stitchy here, I think I'd reserve an alternative first & foremost. Then while at WDW, make calls and as many personal checks to Cindy's Royal Table's door as possible in hopes of scoring a cancellation. Of course this is if calling everyday fails.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

Comment

Yes, matt is right. The dining plan would be great for my husband....who really likes food, haha. But, not so great for me or my daughter who have very picky and very small appetites.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X