This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Disney World International Airport

Okay, no Disney is not building an international airport, but they were in the original plans for EPCOT and all of that land polluted by theme parks. Sorry, love Disney World today, but always slightly put off that no one followed Walt's original plans.

Anyways, I'm working on a story of my own, a sort of fan fiction. Walt wanted to build an airport of the future as part of the gateway to Disney World and EPCOT. What do you think this would look like? I have looked at all of the Project X and EPCOT webistes I know of and there is not much information on the airport itself.

What do you think?
    Always follow your dreams...sigpic

Re: Disney World International Airport

Hmm, I knew the title of the thread would get lots of looks, but no one has left a reply.

Does anyone out there have any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by DocPaddock View Post
      Okay, no Disney is not building an international airport, but they were in the original plans for EPCOT and all of that land polluted by theme parks. Sorry, love Disney World today, but always slightly put off that no one followed Walt's original plans.

Anyways, I'm working on a story of my own, a sort of fan fiction. Walt wanted to build an airport of the future as part of the gateway to Disney World and EPCOT. What do you think this would look like? I have looked at all of the Project X and EPCOT webistes I know of and there is not much information on the airport itself.

What do you think?
      Well it is hard to speculate on WWWD (what would walt do). Many times in his life he put the companies and his personal finances on the line to innovate... Just think Snow White and DisneyLand. But that all being said when the driving force and vision between the most ambitious private building project passes you can imagine that no one could muster the will to complete it.

I think we would all have loved to see the "perfect city'' but that is something that will only exsist in the DisneyFanBois mind.
      Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

I can only guess but I'd bet there would be a Mickey Icon shaped radar antenna.
        Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

Originally posted by Jerren View Post
          I can only guess but I'd bet there would be a Mickey Icon shaped radar antenna.
          lol, yeah I could see that.

Comment

Here's the only information I have ever found on the "Airport of the Future."

I guess everone was more focused on the city part at the time and more planning of the airport would have occured later if Walt hadn't have died.

So I have the layout of the place, just wondering what would be inside or what would be used to make this an Airport of the Future.

Of course all of this would be speculation unless someone can find some plans or more info for the place.

Comment

I figured they would just expand the existing STOL port.

Comment

Here's the only information I have ever found on the "Airport of the Future."

I guess everone was more focused on the city part at the time and more planning of the airport would have occured later if Walt hadn't have died.

So I have the layout of the place, just wondering what would be inside or what would be used to make this an Airport of the Future.

Of course all of this would be speculation unless someone can find some plans or more info for the place.

Thats not much of an "airport of the future" in fact its not much of an "airport of the present"

-dave
                "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
                "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

There is a strip of land near Epcot that was going to be a airport, but they decieded against it

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyImagineering View Post
                    There is a strip of land near Epcot that was going to be a airport, but they decieded against it

Well there really wasn't a need after Disney scraped the full plan for Epcot, which was basically doomed when they figured people living on property would have a say over any new theme park development... That plus McCoy was shut down and the Orlando International Airport was expanded... besides who wants airplanes buzzing their hotel all night long...

Comment

Hmm, I knew the title of the thread would get lots of looks, but no one has left a reply.

Does anyone out there have any ideas?
                      Someone please, go wake up Walt from his hypersleep chamber and ask him.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyImagineering View Post
                        There was indeed an "airport" near EPCOT from the late '70s to the mid '90s. It was called EPCOT CENTER Ultralight Flightpark.
                        The ultralights used during Surprise in the Skies took off from here.

The site has since been demosihed and is now where the Pop Century Legendary Years buildings sit.
                        sigpic

Originally posted by Phonedave
                        Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X