• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Witches of Morva
    Minion
    • Jan 2005

News Say Good-bye to the Honey Mustard

ORWEN: This past weekend on Saturday, Sept. 20th, 2008, us Cauldron girls went to Disney Hollywood Studios for some fun. When we went to get a quick bite for lunch at the fast food restaurant behind Indiana Jones (I think it's called the Back Lot something or other) we were surprised to find out they've made some changes to their condiment counter. For one thing, they don't have honey mustard any more! They've also changed the kind of bar-b-que sauce from the small packaged ones to a less tasty version that they have inside the same kind of container that the ketchup and regular mustard are stored.

ORDDU: This newest version of the bar-b-que sauce just doesn't measure up to the packaged variety they used to provide. And the fact that they've done away with honey mustard altogether smacks of yet another budget cut--minor as it may seem to some.

ORWEN: We asked the cast member on duty why they had stopped putting out the honey mustard and she didn't seem to know.

ORDDU: But when I suggested it must be due to budget cuts, she offerd a knowing look as if to say, "You're right but I can't officially confirm or deny."

ORWEN: It was bad enough when they took away chicken fingers and substituted them with those puny chicken nuggets because now you get less cluck for your buck.

ORDDU: It just makes us wonder how much further these budget cuts are going to go.

ORWEN: Oh and I almost forgot to say anything about the fact that the cast member on duty said they had also stopped giving out Ranch dressing at this same restaurant. So, I ask you; what's a salad to do without Ranch dressing? Go naked???

ORDDU: We've noticed that--usally--when one restaurant discontinues an item such a these--all the other restaurants property wide follow suit. Little things like a nice variety of condiments can make a big difference in one's enjoyment of a meal. We'd hate to see any more food items discontinued at Walt Disney World.
  • SummerInFL
    Relax
    • Sep 2005

Re: Say Good-bye to the Honey Mustard

I hope it was just that location that happened to be out, I love the honey-mustard.

Comment

• seenoevil
      Minion
      • Apr 2005

*Add to packing list - honey mustard*

Sheesh!
      I want my cake back!
      sigpic

Comment

• JiminyCricketFan
        We all need a Jiminy.
        • Apr 2005

I am saddened by the change. It is the little things that make for a great vacation. I love honey-mustered and would love to enjoy it on vacation.

Comment

• Coastierox
          Mostly Harmless.
          • Apr 2005

Just curious but is that a McD's in disguise?
          He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
          follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
          DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Comment

• Witches of Morva
            Minion
            • Jan 2005

ORWEN: No, it's not one of those disguised McDonalds. But we can see why some guests might think it is. And the cast member we talked to checked with the manager before coming back to say the honey mustard and the ranch dressing were both being discontinued. We're not saying every OTHER fast food restaurant on property is discontinuing these same condiments. We're just wondering. 'Cause--as Remy the Rat would say, "Whenever your taste buds have a bad experience at meal time, it's enough to ruin your whole day!"

Comment

• ti2gr
              • Jan 2005

The packages of BBQ sauce were removed as part of Disney's "green" initiative. The same may be true for the honey mustard, ut the manufacturer hasn't come up with the large quantity container for the pump dispenser yet. This change will be in going on at all condiment locations.

Another "green" initiative is the removal of all Coke bottled products from the parks, except in a few 'select locations" like Club Cool in Epcot and the giant Coke bottles at DHS.

The only bottled products available will be Dasani water and a few other water products. Coke, and other soft drinks will still be available via fountain service.

Comment

• EvilQueenRocks
                Yes?
                • Aug 2006

Originally posted by ti2gr View Post
                Another "green" initiative is the removal of all Coke bottled products from the parks, except in a few 'select locations" like Club Cool in Epcot and the giant Coke bottles at DHS.

The only bottled products available will be Dasani water and a few other water products. Coke, and other soft drinks will still be available via fountain service.
                Besides being "green" it is a huge cost saving method. The bottled product costs so much more than fountain beverages with a higher profit margin.

It's bad enough they've butchered Figaro Fries by taking off the lettuce, tomato, and ranch dressing. At least you can ask for those on the side but if they get rid of the ranch all is lost anyway.
                Originally posted by larasound
                am I the burrito man?

Comment

• Coastierox
                  Mostly Harmless.
                  • Apr 2005

So basically they are shopping at Sams club now...
                  He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
                  follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
                  DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Comment

• Stitchy
                    Disappearing/Reappearing
                    • Jun 2006

naked salad?! NO!!!!! What good is a salad if it's not covered in dressing? Seriously. That's the only thing that makes those veggies worth eating. At least, to my taste buds.

Comment

• Krankenstein
                      MiceChatter
                      • Aug 2008

Lame!!!!!

Comment

• Jerren
                        Disneyholic
                        • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Stitchy View Post
                        naked salad?! NO!!!!! What good is a salad if it's not covered in dressing? Seriously. That's the only thing that makes those veggies worth eating. At least, to my taste buds.
                        Hey now that's enough talk of Nakedness there may be children present!

That is, if the witches haven't already caught them in their gingerbread house and are waiting on a shipment of honey mustard since they couldn't pilfer enough small plastic tubs of it from the back lot express so they can eat... But hey we understand ya girls gotta eat...

I'm all for being green but I think there might be more to this than that. Bottled coke as someone pointed out is expensive and bulky, but also very convenient for folks who want to drink part of it and reseal it for later, Fountain drinks don't work well in a backpack or purse on rides... They will wind up selling more and generating more paper waste, versus putting out more recycling bins for plastic bottles... The only green I see in that equation is the :greedy:
                        Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

• Stitchy
                          Disappearing/Reappearing
                          • Jun 2006

good point!!!!

Comment

• aimster
                            Waiting for my E-Ticket

• May 2005

I hate honey mustard so no tears lost here. Just give me ketchup or some ranch dressing and I'm happy.

Comment

• WDW Monorail
                              May the F=ma be with you
                              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Witches of Morva View Post

ORWEN: It was bad enough when they took away chicken fingers and substituted them with those puny chicken nuggets because now you get less cluck for your buck.

That is entirely false.
                              sigpic

Originally posted by Phonedave
                              Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Comment

• TDLFAN
                                Banned User
                                • Feb 2005

ORWEN, the name of that restaurant is the Backlot Express... I believe... and they better NOT get rid of the honey mustard sause at the Columbia Harbor House... or else.. I will be very mad. But then again... does it really surprise you that WDW management continues to cut back in the little areas that are important to many guests, especially frequent ones? It's typical WDW faux-pas.

Comment

• Jerren
                                  Disneyholic
                                  • Aug 2006

Originally posted by WDW Monorail View Post
                                  That is entirely false.

Which Part? I believe they are correct in that the chicken fingers where replaced with nuggets... So I assume your referring to the net weight of the chicken itself?

Just curious since typically nuggets have more carbs than chicken fingers due to the increased surface area, not a huge change but it impacts those of us who are Diabetic...
                                  Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

• Xharryb
                                    Happy Memories
                                    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Jerren View Post
                                    I'm all for being green but I think there might be more to this than that. Bottled coke as someone pointed out is expensive and bulky, but also very convenient for folks who want to drink part of it and reseal it for later, Fountain drinks don't work well in a backpack or purse on rides... They will wind up selling more and generating more paper waste, versus putting out more recycling bins for plastic bottles... The only green I see in that equation is the :greedy:
                                    Exactly. They're going to call say that it's an environmentally concious choice because that's currently very popular and makes them look good in the eyes of those who don't bother to think any deeper about it. However the choice to make these cahnges is almost surely more about profit than the environment or else they wouldn't bother.

Comment

• WDW Monorail
                                      May the F=ma be with you
                                      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Jerren View Post
                                      Which Part? I believe they are correct in that the chicken fingers where replaced with nuggets... So I assume your referring to the net weight of the chicken itself?

Just curious since typically nuggets have more carbs than chicken fingers due to the increased surface area, not a huge change but it impacts those of us who are Diabetic...

Yes, the volume of the product is the same. The quantity appears to be less, though.
                                      sigpic

Originally posted by Phonedave
                                      Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Comment

• danyoung
                                        Super Old Guy
                                        • Jan 2005

I know I'm going to sound pollyanna-ish here, but isn't it possible that the honey mustard is being discontinued from this location because not enough people use the honey mustard? It can be a huge deal if honey mustard is your whole reason to go to this restaurant. But to imply ulterior or cheap motives to a decision like this is simply going off without all the facts.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X