This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haunted Mansion question

Hey guys. Although I've visited WDW before, I've never had an opportunity to ride the Haunted Mansion. I'm very familiar with Disneyland's version, however. I was wondering if someone could describe to me the opening scenes of WDW's version in great detail. Everything from the loading area until the grand staircase that takes you up to the corridor of doors. Which direction your Doombuggy is facing, little details, sizes and shapes of the rooms, etc. Photos are also helpful. The main thing is, I want detail.

I've seen a number of "walk-through" sites that describe these opening scenes in detail, but it's not quite enough. I'm mainly interested in which directions the Doombuggies are facing and the shapes of the library and piano parlor. Thanks a bunch, WDW fans!

Re: Haunted Mansion question

There are plenty of videos online. I think that's the only way to get your requested amount of detail.

Comment

Does anybody know if the WDW Haunted Mansion is transformed for the Holidays? Or is it the DL one only?

Comment

Currently, WDW isn't doing the holiday overlay for the mansion. There are always rumors that it'll happen the next year.

Comment

Okay, this is from memory so I may forget some.

The line queue winds in front of the Mansion front, passing by the horseless carriage to eventually curve to the right. There are two double doors that a CM keeps closed between groups. On the left is a bunch of tombstones with various comedic saying. ex. Big Brother Dave, chased a bear into a cave.

As you walk in there is a short curtained hallway that leads to a circular room. There are portraits on the wall and no doors except for the one you came in. The CM then closes the door onc he/she has herded everyone to the "dead" center of the room.

Spoiler
          Side hint: Walk into the room and go the far left of the room as that is the panel that opens to lead to the ride portion of the attraction.

The eerie voice comes on and asks if the room is actually stretching and the portraits start to reveal themselves as various comidic scenes as the room "stretches". To describe the room it has brown wood paneling around the entire thing, different light fixtures with cobwebs adorning them and of course the portraits. At the end of the announcement the lights go out and you see a figure hanging from a noose above you. It's on the other side of that false ceiling they have.

Then a door opens and leads to a semi short hallway which turns into the ride queue. The hallway has various exit doors and doombuggie wallpaper, none of them are moving they are actual doors. Walking forward on your right you can see the doom buggies moving into the loading area with the moving walkway. People then get compacted into a one person line that goes down about 20-30ft? and then turns around and comes back the opposite direction and then the next turn is the moving platform.

Do you want more of a ride description? I'm a little fuzzy on that but I've been through the line enough times to remember what that looks like. LOL

I'm trying to dig up more photos but oddly enough I don't have a lot of pictures of HM. Hmm I'll have to change that on my next trip. hehe

At the bottom of the pic is the covered queue for the ride.

You also might want to check out this website. It's completely fabulous in regards to the Haunted Mansion and its history.

http://www.doombuggies.com/
          Last edited by SummerInFL; 12-13-2005, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister
            Currently, WDW isn't doing the holiday overlay for the mansion. There are always rumors that it'll happen the next year.
            Dang that was one of the reasons why I wanted to go during Xmas. That and reindeer Stitch. Bummer. At least I'll know now so I won't be get my hopes up.

Comment

Thanks, SummerInFL. Doombuggies is indeed the ultimate HM resource. That and Surrell's book

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X