This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Other] Bay Lake Tower

I am most likely buying a unit in Bay Lake Tower. Well my dad's paying lol. It's for my family. Even though I'm probably gonna use it more cuz I have 1 week off almost every month in my school.(im 15 and in 19th grade.) So, i'm curious to see who else is buying units there. and tell your stories about how you found out and stuff.
    "Ian, in life, whatever you do, DO NOT give up your dreams and goals of the past, present, and future and only then will you be successful!" - Walter Elias Disney

Re: Bay Lake Tower

Dude, your Dad would be better off purchasing a unit at the AK Lodge at the moment.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Comment

Bay Lake Tower is going to be fantastic!

I've purchased points there, and I'm going to enjoy those Magic Kingdom view rooms (those rooms will be closer to the MK than any other resort). I'm going to enjoy walking to the MK.
      DVC Mike - dvcinfo.com

Comment

I'm jealous. The Contemporary is my favorite Disney World Hotel, and I love the Magic Kingdom.
        BarbaraAnn

Comment

Originally posted by Coastierox View Post
          Dude, your Dad would be better off purchasing a unit at the AK Lodge at the moment.
          Would you please explain why? Both for firebolt and for myself.

Comment

AKV currently sells for $96 per point (with incentives) and BLT sells for $107 (with incentives). AKV annual dues are $4.71 per point while BLT is $3.67 per point. Thus, AKV is less expensive.

Since AKV is a larger resort (458 units at AKV vs. 295 units at BLT), there is less an advantage of owning at AKV than at BLT. That is, folks who own at other DVC resorts will find it easier to book AKV at the 7-mo window than BLT.
            DVC Mike - dvcinfo.com

Comment

Originally posted by DVC Mike View Post
              AKV currently sells for $96 per point (with incentives) and BLT sells for $107 (with incentives). AKV annual dues are $4.71 per point while BLT is $3.67 per point. Thus, AKV is less expensive.

Since AKV is a larger resort (458 units at AKV vs. 295 units at BLT), there is less an advantage of owning at AKV than at BLT. That is, folks who own at other DVC resorts will find it easier to book AKV at the 7-mo window than BLT.

Yep,

It all boils down to personal choice. I was looking at buying into BLT, but decided not to, for a number of reasons.

1) Shocker time - MK is not my favorite of the parks

2) The buy in is more

3) While I love the layout of the rooms, the decor does not thill me.

4) Point "costs" per night at BLT are on the high side.

The lower maintence costs are attractive - but not a suprise - there is a heck of a lot less landscaping, roads, etc there than at say SSR. However it was not enough to seal the deal for me.

-dave
              "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
              "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

Originally posted by firebolt413 View Post
                im 15 and in 19th grade.)
                So you're a junior in a post grad school? At 15? WOW!

Comment

Originally posted by DVC Mike View Post

Also right now they are matching your points for the first year at the AKV. So if you buy 160 points you get 320, but it does not carry over. There are also a few other current perks right now for AKV.
                  He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
                  follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
                  DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Comment

Also right now they are matching your points for the first year at the AKV. So if you buy 160 points you get 320, but it does not carry over. There are also a few other current perks right now for AKV.
                    But the matching points are not AKV points, but "developer points" that you can only use at Saratoga Springs Resort or for World Passport. They expire after 12 months and cannot be banked.
                    DVC Mike - dvcinfo.com

Comment

hmm interesting. The only thing that's confusing for me is that when you buy it for yourself and not as a timeshare, can you stay there whenever, or does the points thing still apply?
                      "Ian, in life, whatever you do, DO NOT give up your dreams and goals of the past, present, and future and only then will you be successful!" - Walter Elias Disney

Comment

Originally posted by danyoung View Post
                        His real name is Doogie Howser.

Comment

Originally posted by firebolt413 View Post
                          hmm interesting. The only thing that's confusing for me is that when you buy it for yourself and not as a timeshare, can you stay there whenever, or does the points thing still apply?

Huh ?

I think you are suggesting that you can buy a room for your exclusive use at any time. Not on your life. In fact there are prohibitions about setting up a permanent home at WDW.

All DVC purchases are point purchases - i.e timeshares.

-dave
                          "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
                          "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

Originally posted by danyoung View Post

I am guessing that 9 in 19 is supposed to be a 0 .... as in 15 in 10th grade.

-dave

Comment

phonedave got it. I am almost 16 though. in 10th grade.. And thanks for clearing this stuff up for me. This is my first time looking into this DVC stuff.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X