This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report 1st MC Gumball Rally & Sip N Nibble - 10/18 - 10/19

The MiceChat Invasion is something I look forward to every year, when Mice Chatters everywhere flock to WDW and craziness ensues.

There was running around 4 parks, celebrity sightings, good food, good wine, lots of innuendo and great conversation.

Should you wish to see all the photos I took last weekend, please visit HERE.

With the Rally on the horizon, I drove the car into the rising sun.

An hour later I had arrived, greeted by the sounds of Wonderland and this interesting tea party.

I managed to sneak into the Electric Umbrella just as the mobs of people were allowed into the park.

Then the Mice Chatters started arriving!

There were a lot of new faces around and while I didn't catch all of your names I do hope you would post here and let us know who you are!

The two sweetest people I know, I wish I could just keep them both in my back pocket and take them out whenever I want! LOL

Our fearless leader took up the duty of handing out the Rally packets.

As more and more people filed in, the circle started getting very crowded indeed! Some had to move to the lower ring to make room!

"We don't need no stinkin' badges!"

Now it wouldn't be a proper event without rules, so if you like, you can listen to Dusty go over them for you.

The key word of the day is "taser".

With that out of the way, he signaled the White Rabbit and sent them off!

With player's scattered and spotter's in hiding, what to do for the next 10 hours?

Why find shade of course!

Actually World Showcase wasn't open yet, so we stopped to kill time in Mexico.

The face of MiceChat.

Since we were in the area we decided on a trip to see the three amigos.

Caught you!

One of the teams were running full speed ahead to get one of the questions answered.

As we exited we saw another group run on by, this wonderful woman and her family did the rally with a young child in tow, fun for the whole family!

Time for lunch. Grazie!

The gregarious Fishbulb.

It was about that time I needed to head over to MK to meet up with EvilQueenRocks and her hubby for her birthday lunch.

Should I take the boat? Looks like the better option I think.

Rides here!

Hopping the monorail over to the Grand Floridian, we decided to try a restaurant we've never been to before.

This time around it was the Grand Floridian Cafe.

It's a quaint little restaurant, nicely decorated, the food is better than normal quality and it extends down this hallway.

I figured I'd try a drink and went with this fruity drink, it was ok but EQR said it's usually more sweet.

EQR's hubby, ItsGoodToBeKing (Damian), went with "The Grand Floridian burger" and it looked very "grand" indeed.
    (Angus Chuck Burger, Lobster, Asparagus and Horseradish -Chive Hollandaise served with Tomato Salad )

EQR went with the "Grand Sandwich", which was soooo good.
    (Open-faced hot Turkey, Ham, Bacon and Tomato, with a rich Boursin Cheese Sauce and Fried Onion Straws)

Then they brought out a very special birthday cupcake for EQR and as we were the only people left from the lunch crowd, a VERY loud Happy Birthday was sang in her honor.

While sitting there this tall gentleman with a 100watt smile walks by our table and it was then that Damian leans in an goes, "Do you know who that is?"

It's Barry Gibb from the Bee Gees!

(Sorry for the pic, I had forgotten to change the camera back to photo so all I got was the back of his head. )

Now you're going to be singing their songs for the rest of the day aren't you, I know I was. :lol:

So after our brief encounter and a lovely lunch we headed back to MK to end the Rally and close the park!

To the boat!!!

*sings* A dream is a wish, your heart makes..

Turns out the boat stops at the Poly before heading to the park, I love a good boat ride.

Now I had some bags that I didn't want to carry around all day so I opted for a locker. I admit it's kinda creepy in that place, I could hear the psycho music as I entered.
    RE RE RE RE

Damian headed to Pop to check them in so we opted for a train ride to grab some FP's.

Halloween and Walt Disney World bring out some very interesting people and when I saw this gentleman I just couldn't resist the urge to take his photo. You have to admire his courage, good for you sir!

After debarking the train in Frontierland we grabbed a Splash FP and walked over to grab a FP for Space and relaxed on the TTA while waiting for her husband to return.

As they left the kids at home, that evening was an opportunity for the adults to go on rides that we just can't because of the kids, so many thrills were in store.

First up was Pirates!

Then we stopped by the tiki room, the things I'll do for friends I tell you.

I did learn something cool though, did you know the tiki tower is hollow? I had no idea!

It was starting to get late so it was time to head to the Noodle Station for the end of the rally.

As we waited, the teams started rolling in and the fun continued!

Tired, weary but still smiling!

And our winners!

After many hugs and "see you tomorrows" we headed away from the fireworks and decided to converse with monsters.

I want to say this was the FUNNIEST Monster's I've ever attended, there were new jokes, some great audience interaction and it was just all around better. Didn't someone mention here that they hired the people from the comedy warehouse? If that's true, I could certainly tell that night because I haven't laughed that hard in awhile. Great work! :thumbup:

Next we went on Space Mountain and I was in a silly mood, so I added some commentary on the attraction.

But to end the evening just right, we went on Splash Mountain, nothing says Disney love like a mouthful of water.

Stay tuned for Day 2 as we Sip and Nibble our way around World Showcase!
    Last edited by SummerInFL; 10-22-2008, 05:04 AM.

Re: 1st MC Gumball Rally & Sip N Nibble - 10/18 - 10/19

Great TR :clap: Thanks for sharing your pictures...and that food looks absolutely fantastic!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Yay!!! Thanks for the picts Summer. Wish I coulda been there.

Comment

Fantastic!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
        http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Fantastic!!! I'm so glad that everyone had a great time and everything went so well back there! I know you guys can't wait to do it again!!!:lol:

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
          all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Great Photos Summer! I'm sure it was a blast.

Comment

YAY!!!! OOOOO, I loved the pictures! And listening to Dusty was great.....but, the music in the background made me smile. haha

Comment

I had SO MUCH FUN!! I got blisters on top of blisters LOL!! So great meeting and seeing all of you!

Comment

looks like everybody had a blast!!! I wish i could have been there!!

Comment

Thank you Summer for posting these, I wish I could have been there, it looks like you all had a lot of fun on the east coast.

BTW I am sorry to tell you that cannot keep any of my west coast people. I have a taser and I am not afraid to use it.
                    sigpic

Comment

Great job Summer! Can't wait for the rest of your report!
                      Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

Comment

It looks like it was so much fun. Thanks for posting the pics!!
                        Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Day 2

The day started in the same place and with much laughter as Fishy brought along his laptop and a photo skewing computer. (Which I'm sure he will show you pics of later.)

After getting the group together we headed over to the Welcome Center in the old Wonders of Life Pavilion.

The first stop on the menu was Champagne.

A toast to Mice Chatters!

Then Santiago, Chile!

Mmmm Empanada!

Buenos Aires, Argentina!
                          Grilled Beef with Chimichurri Sauce

Beef and Corn Pie

Mexico City, Mexico
                          Capriotata (bread pudding)

Then it was time for the Gran Fiesta Tour. Ay Caramba!

Barcelona, Espana
                          Seared Tuna Loin with Spicy Red Pepper Coulis

Chilled Tomato and Garlic Soup

Vienna, Austria
                          Apricot Cake

Tafelspitz
                          (A well-aged piece of beef from the rump of a young ox is boiled with root vegetables)

"Why YES, it tastes fabulous!"

"Can I share some of your wine?"

"Why yes I am cool like that."

"What do you mean, this is a Norwegian themed queue!"

Pork Pot Stickers

Chicken Sha Cha

Ginger Ice Cream

Red Curry Shrimp over Rice

Spice Cake with chocolate sauce

Not enough chairs!

Well, I would of had a photo of the lamp chop from Australia but..

"Oh honey? Did you need something?"

Cork, Ireland
                          Boxty with Bacon chips and Kerrygold Garlic and Fresh Herb Butter

Are you full yet?

The farther we moved, the more we sat, coincidence, I think not!

However full our belly's we did manage to come together long enough for a group photo.

YAY MICECHAT!

More food....really, it just keeps coming...

San Francisco, USA
                          Roasted Beet Salad with Goat Cheese

Seared Beef Medallion with Cheddar Cheese Polenta

Wellington, New Zealand
                          Bay Scallops with baby Greens and Granberry Vinaigrette

Lamb Slider on a Brioche Roll

"Did I check off Italy?"

New Orleans Square? I think I'm having an out of body experience.

Sip in France!

Bonjour!
                          Lyon, France

AND ONE CHEESE SOUP!!!

Is that it?

I like buttons..

We're finished!!! YAY!!!

Ohhhhh *moans*

I don't think I can eat anymore..

So the food has been eaten but we still have time to kill, let's go on some attractions that won't make us sick.

Spaceship Earth here we come!

Micechatters seem to like making silly faces.

Within the short amount time to rest ourselves, the dessert party drew near.

While I love to take photos there was a point that I put the camera down and just enjoyed the company, the view and the wonderful fireworks. The past 2 days were filled with so many great moments, if you ever considered coming down for an Invasion, it would be the best decision you ever made.

Fun times, great friends and waaaayyy too much food would be how I'd summarize the past 2 days.

Thanks for stopping by!

Comment

While sitting there this tall gentleman with a 100watt smile walks by our table and it was then that EQR's hubby leans in an goes, "Do you know who that is?"

It's Barry Gibb from the Bee Gees!
                            It just seemed to be a "celebrity" filled day at WDW. We didn't have cameras ready, but Dee Snider (of Twisted Sister) was sitting outside of POTC as well.
                            Last edited by ItsGoodToBeKing; 10-20-2008, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Ok now I got that "Barry Gibb Talk Show" SNL sketch in my head again. :lol:

Dee Snider? Really? I've never seen any celebs at WDW.... yet.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X