Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just what we needed at DTD...

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Other] Just what we needed at DTD...

    ... Yet another restautant.

    The transformation of Pleasure Island has begun, with the addition of Street Foods coming to the building where the quick food place and gift shops used to be, in between that ever so popular Adventurers' Club and the Beach R&R Club. The interior gutting of the building is already in progress and the sign outside promises.. "lakeside dinning". Hmmm..

    Walking through PI tonight.. it was a sad sight. Great music playing to very few guests who ventured to cut through that area. All club buildings remain as they always were, only closed permanently. A sad surfing clothing shop was opened with very few patrons in there. It was near ghost town conditions.

    I also believe there is no point in calling PI "Pleasure Island" anymore. There is no pleasure there anymore. The arched neon PI signs at both entrances are to peppy for the sad expience to follow. Whatever Disney does with this space, I sure hope they do it correctly but the PI name should be gone for good. I suggest something along the lines of.. 'Center Spot' or 'Central Isle'. The Village should be renamed to something like 'East Village' to compliment the 'West Side'.

  • #2
    Re: Just what we needed at DTD...

    So the supposed "desolate" area that these polled guests hated has now become desolate in every sense of the word? Great.

    Displeasure Island it is then.
    sigpic

    "We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Just what we needed at DTD...

      Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
      ... Yet another restautant.

      The transformation of Pleasure Island has begun, with the addition of Street Foods coming to the building where the quick food place and gift shops used to be, in between that ever so popular Adventurers' Club and the Beach R&R Club. The interior gutting of the building is already in progress and the sign outside promises.. "lakeside dinning". Hmmm..

      Walking through PI tonight.. it was a sad sight. Great music playing to very few guests who ventured to cut through that area. All club buildings remain as they always were, only closed permanently. A sad surfing clothing shop was opened with very few patrons in there. It was near ghost town conditions.

      I also believe there is no point in calling PI "Pleasure Island" anymore. There is no pleasure there anymore. The arched neon PI signs at both entrances are to peppy for the sad expience to follow. Whatever Disney does with this space, I sure hope they do it correctly but the PI name should be gone for good. I suggest something along the lines of.. 'Center Spot' or 'Central Isle'. The Village should be renamed to something like 'East Village' to compliment the 'West Side'.
      I've got to agree - Downtown Disney/Pleasure Island was the one true disappointment of my trip. My expectations weren't too high, given the recent hubbub over the gutting of PI, but man, what an empty experience that was - NOT worth the ride.

      Well, I did enjoy the best sandwich that I've ever had over at the Earl of Sandwich, so I guess that's something.
      Please step out to the left. Step out to the left, please. When the car stops, step out to the left.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Just what we needed at DTD...

        Emporium Island maybe? That way they can sell the same generic merchandise anyway.
        It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!









        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Just what we needed at DTD...

          HEHE!! Good one Yoyo!!

          And as for that great sandwish at Earl's Maybe they should move that place to PI so they can see some crowds in there again.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Just what we needed at DTD...

            Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
            Emporium Island maybe? That way they can sell the same generic merchandise anyway.
            By that rationale, the 'E' in Epcot should stand for Emporium, as well.
            Please step out to the left. Step out to the left, please. When the car stops, step out to the left.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Just what we needed at DTD...

              It is interesting to walk DTD around 11pm now days. It is a ghost town. Nothing is open, no one is walking anywhere, and the only sight of life, is at the House of Blues where the CPs, and industry peeps have taken hold as their new hotspot thanks to the DJs who used to be at Mannequins.

              sigh...
              Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Just what we needed at DTD...

                Disney is going to totally shoot themselves in the foot with this.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Just what we needed at DTD...

                  There's already some major problems.

                  Disney hasn't been able to sign up the tenants they expected to when they shut the clubs down due to our economic disaster.

                  And, no they won't reopen ANY part of PI despite any rumors you've either heard or would like to start.

                  So, what's likely to happen is that it will remain a massive dead zone (like those lame cell phone commercials) ...

                  With the ridiculous lit up archways and music playing from the radio booth ... yet there's no there, there.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Just what we needed at DTD...

                    Ooooohhhh... spooooky.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Just what we needed at DTD...

                      Maybe it could become a permanent location for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and could be themed to a ghost town.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Just what we needed at DTD...

                        Originally posted by WDW1974 View Post
                        There's already some major problems.

                        Disney hasn't been able to sign up the tenants they expected to when they shut the clubs down due to our economic disaster.

                        And, no they won't reopen ANY part of PI despite any rumors you've either heard or would like to start.

                        So, what's likely to happen is that it will remain a massive dead zone (like those lame cell phone commercials) ...

                        With the ridiculous lit up archways and music playing from the radio booth ... yet there's no there, there.
                        All Disney has to do is look at the many new strip malls built all over our city... and see that many of them remain empty and without tennants. Why would PI be any different especially when everything is marked up in price on Disney property??

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Just what we needed at DTD...

                          Sounds like so much fun!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Just what we needed at DTD...

                            Yeah... about as much fun as getting bitten by fire ants.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Just what we needed at DTD...

                              They should start selling ghost tours with guides dressed all in black spinning tales about dead clubs and rumors of executives dreams burining to death in a fire.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X