• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • draybook
    Banned User
    • May 2007

[Question] Character Dining

Exactly how do you go about getting reservations for a character meal? Is it included with one of the Dining Plans on the official site or is it something extra you have to call about? I know we're not going back until next December(09), but I want to get it reserved well ahead of time since I want to do one at Cinderella's Castle and the other one will probably be at the Crystal Palace.

Thanks for any tips.
  • Stitchy
    Disappearing/Reappearing
    • Jun 2006

Re: Character Dining

Here's the deal. You want to count out the days for CIndy's castle. I think now, it's 90 days in advance. So, figure out what day is exactly 90 days before the day you want to eat there, and call THAT day!
    You'll have to figure out what meal you want.

Breakfast and lunch have the characters (princesses) coming to the table. You meet Cindy downstairs and take a picture with her, and then head upstairs to your table.

Dinner...you meet cindy downstairs, but, no characters come to the table. There will be a show with the Fairy Godmother and the mice. But, NO princesses.

For all three, you will get a set of the pictures you took with cindy...for "free". It's included in the meal. I suggest lunch...it was nice both times we went.

For the Crystal Palace...I suggest breakfast. You can make them for really early and get into the park before it opens. You can eat breakfast, meet Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, and Eeyore...and then make your way into the park right after that initial crowd has spread out. It's nice to see the park virtually empty that early in the morning.

To find out about more character meals...check out Allears.net. they have a list of all the meals and what characters are there. We have done most...and have really like Chef Michey's (mickey, goofy, minnie, chipmunks) and also Ohana's (stitch, Lilo, mickey). Cindy's castle is out favorite though. Nothing like being in that castle.

To make reservations, call 1-407-WDW-DINE.

Sad, i have that memorized.

Comment

• ragrobyn
      SpitSpot!
      • Apr 2006

Call 180 days a head of your planned arrival to make an ADR. Disney Dine CM's are very kind and very helpful! 407-WDW-DINE (939-3463)

Allears has a great site with lots of dinning info
      Walt Disney World Dining Menus Information
      "First of all I would like to make one thing perfectly clear.
      I never explain anything." Mary Poppins
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/26132873@N00/

Comment

• draybook
        Banned User
        • May 2007

Sounds good to me. Thanks for the info!

Comment

• Stitchy
          Disappearing/Reappearing
          • Jun 2006

You might want to call and double check about the 90/180 days thing. I think there was a thread earlier this year that stated that they were changing the days for the really popular meals. I think Cindy's castle went down to 90 days in advance...but, they may not have changed it yet.

Comment

• FantasticDuck
            Too far from Disney World
            • Aug 2006

We had lots of time with the characters at Chef Mickey's and Donald's Safari Breakfast. We had a late dinner at Chef Mickey's though and the food wasn't that great. We'd def try it for breakfast next time.
            With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
            Working...
            X