Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Magic Kingdom Opening Dance Number??

Does anyone know if the dance number the CM's do on Main Street every morning has an official name? Or is it just Magic Kingdom Opening Ceremony?

The song has the words, "We're going right down the middle of Main Street U. S. A....."

I'm sure some of you have heard it before. I'm just asking for documentation purposes.

Thanks!

Re: Magic Kingdom Opening Dance Number??

I think it's called "Good Morning, Main Street" or something like that.

Comment

On the "WDW: The Happiest Celebration on Earth" discs, the song is listed as part of the "Welcome Medley."
      They are the Disney Princesses and their goal is world domination. -Mary McNamara | LA Times / AP

Fall 2004: Fantasyland Attractions

Comment

I'm not sure about the Medley done in the Parks, but one version of the song which only focuses on the "down the middle of main street" toon is indeed called "I'm Walkin' Right Down the Middle of Main Street U.S.A."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<a hr...pSBYMMpPHc</a>

Comment

They do it several times a day.
          Or at least they did.

Comment

Am I the only one that sings that to myself when walking down Mainstreet? (I'm walking right down the middle of Mainstreet USA, it's the heart of America the heartbeat of a holiday. . . ):blush:

It was on the Disneyland tape my kids had when they were little and we watched it a lot :ap:
            MiceChat Preferred Travel Partner

Contact us to book your next Disney Vacation!

Comment

Wow, I used to watch that video so much when I was younger.. apparently, I loved it then too.

.. a dream is a wish your heart makes

Comment

Originally posted by Bibliophile View Post
                On the "WDW: The Happiest Celebration on Earth" discs, the song is listed as part of the "Welcome Medley."
                Excellent, thanks so much for the information.

I appreciate everyone's input!

Comment

That's the Main Street Trolley show.
                  Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL DreamJan 20-24, 2014: DCL MagicFeb 17/18, 2015 AS Music

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
                  May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
                  May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
                  May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
                  Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
                  Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
                  May 16, 2010~ Fulltime

Comment

Well that put a smile on my face! SIGH...I wanna go back!!!!!!!
                    "First of all I would like to make one thing perfectly clear.
                    I never explain anything." Mary Poppins
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/26132873@N00/

Comment

omgosh, thats the Disneyland Fun edition of the singalongs.

i have that.

=]

Comment

Originally posted by Silver7 View Post
                        Am I the only one that sings that to myself when walking down Mainstreet? (I'm walking right down the middle of Mainstreet USA, it's the heart of America the heartbeat of a holiday. . . ):blush:
                        Absolutely NOT! We've watched the video of the characters doing it so many times, we have the dance down, but I don't know if it's the same choreography in the parks because we never make it there early enough to see them do it.
                        It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

Comment

Originally posted by Goover View Post
                          I'm not sure about the Medley done in the Parks, but one version of the song which only focuses on the "down the middle of main street" toon is indeed called "I'm Walkin' Right Down the Middle of Main Street U.S.A."

TpSBYMMpPHc
                          The Disneyland Fun Singalong Songs tape! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

My sister ran that one into the ground when she was a wee one. I'll never get the rap version of "Zippedy Doo-Dah" out of my head now. Thanks! lol

Of course, one could make much of the choice to do a rap version of THAT song, if one were a conspiracy theorist....
                          Please step out to the left. Step out to the left, please. When the car stops, step out to the left.

Comment

The "walking Down Main Street.." song has been used as far back as the "Disneyland is your Land" show and also during WDW's Tencennial shows. It's not unique to the morning show at the MK. And that video from Disneyland up there? Very nice, I forgot that was part of the Sing-A-Long at DL video shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
                              The Disneyland Fun Singalong Songs tape! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

My sister ran that one into the ground when she was a wee one. I'll never get the rap version of "Zippedy Doo-Dah" out of my head now. Thanks! lol

Of course, one could make much of the choice to do a rap version of THAT song, if one were a conspiracy theorist....

LOL My daughter has had that tape since she was 2 yrs old and I still find it loaded up in the VCR now and again when I go downstairs to watch tv... Guess we brain washed her good.
                              Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X