Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] How big is the angler fish?

Hi. Just wondering if anyone could give me a size estimate to the angler fish in EPCOT's The Seas with Nemo and Friends? THANKS

EDIT: Also, how are the projections of Marlin & Dory around the figure? Just the screens on the side, top, behind, or infront of the Angler fish?

Also, I read there was a Marlin AA figure. Anyone know where that is?
    Last edited by filmfreak11; 11-25-2008, 11:03 PM.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Re: How big is the angler fish?

The angle fish isn't as big as the one at Disneyland. It's on a robotic arm (a Kuka arm) along with Marlin so it looks like he's chasing Marlin. They're not really AA's though. They're actually more like puppets on the robotic arm. And Dory had just a little projection area on the bottom left side of that scene.

There's times the arm doesn't work and you can see the angler fish and Marlin just sitting there lifeless (which is kind of creepy) while the audio of the chase is still heard.

Comment

The angler has been broken for quite some time now It seemed to work all summer, though. (Someone correct me if it hasbeen fixed recently.)

Comment

So there's a Angler fish and a marlin puppet on the 1 robotic arm with Dory on projection, right? Makes sense.

i had a feeling the DL fish was larger probably the same as Crush's Coaster. But I wanted a better idea of the size. Like half of the size??

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
        -Jurassic Park

Comment

More like 1/3 the size maybe.

Comment

The puppets are not really that big... maybe 3 feet at the most in lenth.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post

There's times the arm doesn't work and you can see the angler fish and Marlin just sitting there lifeless (which is kind of creepy) while the audio of the chase is still heard.
              Yeah this effect was broken when I was there this past weekend. And your right, it was kind of creepy.

Comment

I usually don't complain about WDW that much (if anything, I'm often too kind). The Yeti down for almost 6 months is one thing, but the angler fish I just don't get. It's been over 2 months I think. This must be them purely being cheap and not caring about show. The ride REALLY suffers without it.

Comment

Originally posted by Peabody View Post
                  I usually don't complain about WDW that much (if anything, I'm often too kind). The Yeti down for almost 6 months is one thing, but the angler fish I just don't get. It's been over 2 months I think. This must be them purely being cheap and not caring about show. The ride REALLY suffers without it.
                  Much focus will be put on the Yeti now that Primeval Whirl has reopened.
                  sigpic

Originally posted by Phonedave
                  Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Comment

I used to have a REALLY good pictures of the angler fish, I regret deleting it

Comment

Originally posted by WDW Monorail View Post
                      Much focus will be put on the Yeti now that Primeval Whirl has reopened.
                      Whoa whoa whoa. You wanna expand on this?

Click the banner! ^^^^
                      Follow us on Twitter
                      @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
                      Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X