Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Space Mountain Refurb Confirmed!!!

^ i agree with TimmyTimmyTimmy.
    could we see pictures if tthere are any
    Here come's the bride.
    As long as we live.
    Till death do us part.
    You may kiss the bride.

Comment

ok...so officially they have the refurb dates as 4/19/09 - 8/24/09 (just over 4 months. My money say they will be extending that, especially if they are going to take care of it as needed and add all the effects they are planning.

Also, I'd like to take this chance to announce that I ended my employment with the Walt Disney Company as of January 2009. I havent been on here much lately, so I thought some of you would like to know.
      sigpic Blast Off Into Adventure!!

Originally posted by TheRockr
      Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

Comment

hey guys! haven't been here in a while. sad to be working my last Space shift today.

the main thing i'm excited about are the gates at the loading dock and the wall separating stand by and fast pass. it will make things SOOOOOO much easier for us. can't wait to come back as opening team.

and Timmy, they won't change the track layout because we're the 1st and original Space Mountain. they want to keep the classic layout.

Comment

^And that classic layout happens to be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Bug View Post
            hey guys! haven't been here in a while. sad to be working my last Space shift today.

the main thing i'm excited about are the gates at the loading dock and the wall separating stand by and fast pass. it will make things SOOOOOO much easier for us. can't wait to come back as opening team.

and Timmy, they won't change the track layout because we're the 1st and original Space Mountain. they want to keep the classic layout.

Comment

Just went on it today. It needs some work, badly. Every time I come to WDW, Space Mountain reminds me that MK opened in 1971, and here's why:

1. That weird opening room, with the walkways over the silver balls.
              2. The walkway with the trippy effects of the planets - this is STILL better than DLs queue effects (none)!
              3. Those REALLY old TVs before (on the left) before the load platform.
              4. The load platform itself. No station gates, the horrible looking red arrows pointing to the boarding area.
              5. The flashing status indicator lights (Prepare for Launch).
              6. The exit room - theming that consists of a carpeted room, and a strip on the wall.
              7. The old FedEx exit diaramas with the horrible looking blue screen 'you in space on TV' effect.

This needs lots of work. With the current theme of Tomorrow either do one of two things:

1. Make it part of the 'Tomorrowland Metro Retro Society' - and turn it back to it's totally scifi roots.
              2. Update it to match the current 'Tomorrow that never was' theming.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the new re-do.
              -Monorail Man

Comment

From everything I have heard I would guess you can expect the following to be done to the track:

1. Track replacement. So far almost all sources agree on that.
                2. Install audio either in the cars for a score, or along the track for sound FX. I hope for the cars.
                3. Closing off the cieling about the que so you cannot look up into "space mountain".
                4. safety gates.
                5. New left mechanics, but I think that will be an under the track benefit to the engineering of the attractions, not really a guest experience enhancement for a show stand point. I only hope is is that the new lift will be quietier then the current one which at the beginning clanks way to loud.

Disney has said it is enhancing the attraction but also keeping many of the "classic" elements that have withstood the test of time. We already are almost certain that the new track will be the same layout so my guess is this also means not major changes to the lift experience. oh well.

Comment

Can we get them to add the Brian Setzer SM soundtrack??? That would rock!
                  He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
                  follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
                  DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X