This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Space Mountain Exit Question

I heard from some people that this is the place to go if you need an answer to some crazy disney world question.

When going up the moving walkway to exit Space Mountain there used to be a recording along the lines of...

"In the future, messages will be sent through beams of light."
    or
    "In the future, messages will be sent on beams of light"

I think it's 'through', a friend thinks it's 'on'.

I know the rest of the quote is not entirely correct.

Does anyone know what the exact quote was? Does anyone have a recording of it?

It would be greatly appreciated if someone could clear this up. We have been debating this for months.

Re: Space Mountain Exit Question

I don't remember what the line is, but that dialog was from when FedEx sponsored the ride and the post-show speedramp was all about how packages were going to be sent in the future.

Comment

"In the future, packages will be sent to distant planets through beams of light!"

Click the banner! ^^^^
      Follow us on Twitter
      @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
      Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzapants View Post
        "In the future, packages will be sent to distant planets through beams of light!"
        Sounds about right...

Never was a huge fan of the FedEx overlay... Does anyone know if/who is sponsoring the new Space Mountain refurb? I'm wondering if there's no corprate sponsor we may get a nice home of the future overlay similar to what it was like back in the 70's or even better bring back some of the AA's/scenes from Horizons, I'd just like to see a positive future message in there again...
        Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

Originally posted by firstbase11897 View Post
          I heard from some people that this is the place to go if you need an answer to some crazy disney world question.

When going up the moving walkway to exit Space Mountain there used to be a recording along the lines of...

"In the future, messages will be sent through beams of light."
          or
          "In the future, messages will be sent on beams of light"

I think it's 'through', a friend thinks it's 'on'.

I know the rest of the quote is not entirely correct.

Does anyone know what the exact quote was? Does anyone have a recording of it?

It would be greatly appreciated if someone could clear this up. We have been debating this for months.
          i've worked at Space for a year now and i've never heard a recording on the speedramp or heard of there ever being one. are you sure that quote isn't from Spaceship Earth? cauz that's where i've heard it.

Comment

nevermind. just spoke to one of my co-workers who's been there a while. that recording was taken out after Fed-Ex stopped sponsoring us. never knew about that.

Comment

When you get the chance ask him about the old sets from the home of the future, I seem to recall someone mentioning part of it is still there in storage inside the mountain...
              Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

Originally posted by Jerren View Post
                When you get the chance ask him about the old sets from the home of the future, I seem to recall someone mentioning part of it is still there in storage inside the mountain...
                no. those were taken out a while ago. just old Space Mt. stuff from way back then.

Comment

There is a sign that says: "In the future, you might find yourself off-world..."

Comment

first of all, the recording no longer exists....it has been gone for at least 4 years. But, when it was around it was "through beams of light" to the best of my recollection.
                    sigpic Blast Off Into Adventure!!

Originally posted by TheRockr
                    Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

Comment

Originally posted by WDITrent View Post
                      There is a sign that says: "In the future, you might find yourself off-world..."
                      some idiot kid broke that sign a few months ago!! we actually closed the ride for 2 hours while it was being fixed...good times
                      sigpic Blast Off Into Adventure!!

Originally posted by TheRockr
                      Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Junk View Post
                        some idiot kid broke that sign a few months ago!! we actually closed the ride for 2 hours while it was being fixed...good times
                        it was in April. the first night of Grad Nite. i worked that night.

Comment

I'm actually more curious how they're going to send packages on beams of light. (or through, whichever the case may be) Either one sounds fairly implausible.
                          Visit The Unofficial Animal Kingdom Lodge Fansite

Comment

It's Tomorrowland, nothing has to be plausable.

Comment

Trust me, the recording was what I said above. Me and my brother were getting off the ride like...5 years ago and we thought it was the awesomest, most random thing they could possibly say. So we rode again and I recorded it on my phone and kinda grew a weird obsession for it. Then next I went to Disney World it was gone and it was a sad day.

Click the banner! ^^^^
                              Follow us on Twitter
                              @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
                              Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X