• Show
Clear All

• News Strange lawsuit filed against Disney World and ToT

Walt's love of Trains!

Re: Strange lawsuit filed against Disney World and ToT

Got a link to the story/video?

Comment

DisneylandRRGuy, did you just copy and paste that from Screamscape word for word?

aimster, here's a link to the original article, posted on cfnews13.com
      www.gregscoasterphotos.com <- Go there, it's good!

Comment

Wait, why do I remember reading about this a few months ago?

Click the banner! ^^^^
        Follow us on Twitter
        @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
        Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Comment

I would think that riding TOT 50 times a day can actually create adverse long term health effects. Once in awhile is one thing. All day long is something entirely different. The amount of time on TOT spent in 0 gravity is minimal, but with constant exposure to this day in and day out, I guarantee that there would be some detrimental effects to the circulatory system especially.

Disney was right in what they did.

Comment

Really? "adverse long term health effects"? Hmm. I'm no doctor, but I highly doubt there's much chance of that. This ride may be intense for Disney standards, but there are plenty of significantly more extreme rides that people ride just as much. I'm by no means saying that this ride couldn't be dangerous to anyone, but without preexisting conditions - chances of injury due solely to long term/frequent exposure seem very unlikely in my eyes.

I'm not so quick to judge, especially because the details might not be all there. For what it's worth, it's private property and Disney can ban whoever they like. With that in mind, I'd be surprised if this woman were allowed to continue this odd practice. Maybe she'll get unbanned, but that may be pushing it too.

Originally posted by Pizzapants View Post
            Wait, why do I remember reading about this a few months ago?
            I'm not sure, it's new (as of yesterday) to both screamscape and this new channel.

Then again, maybe you heard about this guest's situation before - and the lawsuit is new?

Comment

She should get a prescription from her physician.

I guess we can debate whether brain damage was there before this behavior or the repeated exposure caused it.

Comment

Heh, I chuckled at your brain damage comment, and then felt kind bad for doing so.

Comment

there's gotta be something else going on. Something that we aren't being told. I highly doubt Disney would ban someone from the parks without a really good reason.

Comment

Agreed, something is fishy. And what about this:
                    Disney spokeswoman Andrea Finger issued this statement on Wednesday: "Ms. Mooty's claims are without merit. She was trespassed for causing a disturbance within the presence of other guests and using foul language toward a Cast Member."
                    "She was trespassed for causing a disturbance within the presence of other guests"??

Not exactly smooth talking for a spokesperson.

Comment

Originally posted by sarki7 View Post
                      DisneylandRRGuy, did you just copy and paste that from Screamscape word for word?

aimster, here's a link to the original article, posted on cfnews13.com

No someone from myspace

Walt's love of Trains!

Comment

Yes, the situation is old as far as the banning goes (I believe she got the boot in September... that may be off though), but the lawsuit is freshly filed.

Comment

Ah, yes, it's right in the article:
                          She said in August 2008 an employee told her she wasn't allowed to have it anymore. Mooty said she was then banned from ever coming back on property.
                          Not 100% clear if the banning followed immediately after revoking the pass, but I think it's safe to assume it was not too much later.

Comment

Maybe they felt like she obtained the pass by lying or some other means and banned her for that?

Comment

According to sources on another board, she was constantly using the pass and getting multiple rerides with it at the ToT attraction. Suddenly newer CMs (or CMs working the attraction from other attraction areas) who didn't necessarily "know her story" started refusing her usage of the pass, or limiting the use of it.

She went and tried to get a refund for her AP, and Disney refused. She then was suddenly asked not to reenter any of the parks and was thus "banned from property." At least, that's the best way I can summarize what has been explained on a certain "Magic"al board about "WDW"

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X