This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Abandoned Resort buildings

Can anyone post an aerial pic of those abandoned (Pop Century?) buildings or tell me how to get close to them to take pictures. By close I don't mean trespassing, just close enough for some good zoom pics. Thanks.

Re: Abandoned Resort buildings

Comment

Just go to Pop Century Resort. There is a bridge that was to connect the two parts of the resort and half of it is open. You can also see the buildings from the walkways at the Resort that are along the lake. That's as close as you can get without trespassing.

Comment

YouTube - The Forgotten Legendary Years at Disney's Pop Century

here is a youtube video of them

Did You Know They Use Water To Make ICE!!

Comment

So whats the story behind this? Was the hotel ever finished? Was it ever used used?

Comment

Originally posted by ScottG View Post
            So whats the story behind this? Was the hotel ever finished? Was it ever used used?
            No and No.

When the slowdown started after 9/11 construction was halted on that half of the property and they sit there still..

Comment

makes me sad.......

I would stay there.

Comment

Even though I have seen this in person and in pictures before, it still looks creepy like a bad horror movie scene. I can't believe they let those buildings sit like that, very un-Disney like.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

Originally posted by flynnibus View Post
                  No and No.

When the slowdown started after 9/11 construction was halted on that half of the property and they sit there still..
                  Thanks for the info Flynnibus ~
                  Its amazing how often Disney abandons big projects.

Comment

God forbid something like this should happen at the DLR, lest all the transients from around the area start seeking shelter.

At least WDW is so big that something like this isn't noticeable.

Comment

A couple months ago Jim Hill reported that these will be turning into large family-suite style rooms in the coming years.

Pop Century and All Stars resorts always seem to be completely booked, so it's shameful that these buildings have been dormant as long as they have. I wonder how much revenue they lost by NOT opening these?

Comment

I wonder if any problems like mold develop from being vacant for so many years in a humid climate like Central Florida's.

Comment

^^ Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Comment

I thought I had heard that the buildings there would have to be torn down and rebuilt since they have been sitting there dormant so long.
                            Keith

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
                              I wonder if any problems like mold develop from being vacant for so many years in a humid climate like Central Florida's.
                              That will be addressed by tearing the structures down before any further construction, if any, begins. Luckily, only 2 were built and not 10 as was planned.
                              sigpic

Originally posted by Phonedave
                              Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X