This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Coming New EPCOT Attraction: The Great Piggy Bank Adventure

T. Rowe Price teaming up with Walt Disney World on new attraction - Los Angeles Business from bizjournals:

A new hands-on money management oriented educational exhibit will open at EPCOT's Innonentions on May 19th. The investment firm known as T. Rowe Price Group Inc. will be the sponsor. The Great Piggy Bank Adventure is a fun interactive family game where competing visitors learn creative savings strategies, and adjust for inflation when making and diversifying investments.

Empowering parents to initiate discussion of the topics of saving and investing with their children is more important than ever before,” said Edward C. Bernard, vice chairman of T. Rowe Price Group, in a statement released Monday.

The Baltimore based money management firm declined to disclose the financial details of the sponsorship.
    T. Rowe Price (NASDAQ: TROW) steered clear of the mortgage-related investments that knocked other investment firms last year. But it didn’t dodge the stock market’s ride in 2008 and reported assets down nearly 29 percent to $276 billion."

For once, the normally meaningless Innoventions is getting an attraction that is both fun and pragmatic. I would go so far as to describe the attraction as an "educational stimulous" geared for combating tough times.

It's a financial knowledge bailout to help people to replace stress with success. T. Rowe Price couldn't be coming to Innoventions at a more opportune and needed time.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 03-25-2009, 02:45 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Re: Coming New EPCOT Attraction: The Great Piggy Bank Adventure

This must be going into the former farm exhibit, opposite Rockin' Robots. I kept forgetting to ask my guys what's going in there.
    Kevin Yee
    MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
    Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
    Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
    Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
    Mouse Trap
    Tokyo Disney Made Easy
    101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
    Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

Comment

Originally posted by KevinYee View Post
      This must be going into the former farm exhibit, opposite Rockin' Robots. I kept forgetting to ask my guys what's going in there.
      Hope that you will photograph the attraction when it opens and include it in a report Kev. The Great Piggy Bank sounds so interesting. Haven't heard about the Rockin' Robots and would like to here more about them, too.

Comment

Ugh. Sorry, but that sounds soooo boring! Budgeting and financing is the bane of my existence, why on earth would I want to go on a ride about it?! ;-) I go to Disney parks to escape the "real world," this ride sounds too realistic for my taste, I'm all about the magic. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by CinderelLaura View Post
          Ugh. Sorry, but that sounds soooo boring! Budgeting and financing is the bane of my existence, why on earth would I want to go on a ride about it?! ;-) I go to Disney parks to escape the "real world," this ride sounds too realistic for my taste, I'm all about the magic. :-)
          It's not a ride, it's an exhibit
          "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Comment

Ugh. Sorry, but that sounds soooo boring! ..why on earth would I want to go on a ride about it?!
            Originally posted by DL_CRAZE View Post
            It's not a ride, it's an exhibit
            I've never experienced an exciting exhibit that wasn't a boring ride.

Comment

Well, it's in EPCOT: it's not meant to escape the "real world" but to help us find solutions for living in it.

Comment

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn! Innoventions has never been one of my favourite places at Epcot. Now I'll avoid it like the plague. What next? Bloomburg in the old Wonders of Life pavilion?
                Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

Comment

very interesting!
                  JEANY SANCHEZ

Comment

Originally posted by The Shadoe View Post
                    Well, it's in EPCOT: it's not meant to escape the "real world" but to help us find solutions for living in it.
                    The primary premise of each and every Disney theme park does not have to be escapism. Variety is a healthy prospect to pursue in all avenues of life.

I find your appraisal of EPCot's phylosophy inspiring and well stated. When it comes to matters that require sage wisdom, it is very evident that "the Shadoe knows".

Comment

I'm always amazed at the people who will run screaming from the description of an attraction, before ever having experienced the attraction.

Comment

Yawn.

Right...next time I need advice on financial planning, I'll take a trip to my local Disney resort. And while I'm at it, I'll invest in a park ticket...and ever-so-reasonably-priced park food and merchandise...and maybe a room at a resort hotel while I'm at it. This is an ideal way to show kids how to fatten their wallets.
                        Down with the Hat

Comment

Originally posted by tasman View Post
                          Yawn.

Right...next time I need advice on financial planning, I'll take a trip to my local Disney resort. And while I'm at it, I'll invest in a park ticket...and ever-so-reasonably-priced park food and merchandise...and maybe a room at a resort hotel while I'm at it. This is an ideal way to show kids how to fatten their wallets.
                          *chuckles*

I will say to earlier posts that I understand that EPCOT is less of an escapist park by intention, but I still don't really find the concept enjoyable for an amusement park -- which EPCOT still most definitely is, whether it's an escape like the Magic Kingdom or not.

Comment

Originally posted by tasman View Post
                            Yawn.

:lol: Like your terse sense of humor here.

Seriously, I never said that this interactive financial exhibit is the main reason one should consider a park visit. If you are coming anyway, a person would be both fun and intellectually stimulating to include educational attractions in your itenerary ..especially if you have kids with you.

Comment

Originally posted by danyoung View Post
                              I'm always amazed at the people who will run screaming from the description of an attraction, before ever having experienced the attraction.

Funny I was thinking the exact same thing, it's Disney guys there will be more to it than what's on the initial press release there always is. :ap:
                              Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X