This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Another Spiel Bites the Dust - DHS Trams

So the trams at DHS have reopened after a refurb. And what did they do? Replaced the tour guide's spiel with an automated one

First Living with the Land.. and now this.

How on earth does this improve the guest experience at all? By allowing Disney to hire even lower quality employees to staff the roles?

Yuk Yuk Yuk.

Nothing is more bland then a tour guide with no personality.

Re: Another Spiel Bites the Dust - DHS Trams

Can't say I'm surprised.

The Backlot Tour is on its last legs (and has been since they removed Residential Street), and why staff CMs on an endangered ride?

Then again, the Backlot Tour will probably be at WDW until management ponies up some $$$ to build something in its place. Might as while cut costs if it'll be there for a while longer.

Comment

Jungle Cruise will be next...
      He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
      follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
      DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Comment

Originally posted by stitchon View Post

The Backlot Tour is on its last legs (and has been since they removed Residential Street), and why staff CMs on an endangered ride?
        Hate to see this ride go but it looks like the Backlot Tour really is near its end. Which is kinda a bummer because the Backlot Tour helps define the theme park. Hopefully they can replace it with something major like an E-ticket ride.

Originally posted by Coastierox View Post
        Disney wouldn't dare... Do they think that those gondolas at Tokyo DisneySea are better automated without gondoliers?

Comment

I think even Walt Disney World knows that an automated spiel on the Jungle Cruise would be going too far.

Comment

Can't say I'm surprised.

Considering they just put it through a 3 month rehab.. they obviously are not looking to close it ASAP.

Comment

I have mixed emotions. While guides were good, a bad CM could ruin the experience, and it could be hard to hear. I had a great CM who made the Catastrophe Canyon really seem unstaged, so I wonder how it is with a recording.
              ~The darkness must go
              Down the river of night's dreaming
              Flow morphia slow
              Let the sun and light come streaming
              Into my life, into my life~

Comment

I think even Walt Disney World knows that an automated spiel on the Jungle Cruise would be going too far.
                Most of the jungle skippers I've had over the last year have been horrendous - automated would not be worse.

That said, I'd rather see them hire skippers who are talented instead of either of the above.
                Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
                I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
                on Bay Lake.

Comment

Nieghbors tags on her car read JUNGLCRZ

Comment

I feel that Living With the Land is more appropriately suited to an automated spiel. It's a ride based on learning and facts rather than creating a true "story." I'll have to head on over to DHS and ride the updated Backlot before I made a judgment, but I never felt that guides were an integral part of the ride experience. To compare the role of a guide on the Jungle Cruise to one on the Backlot tour is not an even comparison.

Comment

Interesting.....I don't know how I feel about it. I'm going next month so will see for myself.

Also, I've been on JC tons of times at both MK and DL and hardly ever have I had a good skipper that didn't act completely bored with their job. And it's amazing how alllll of them use the same tired jokes again and again. I could understand one person having their faves, but apparently they all have the same faves. I hate to say that unless they make sure to start staffing great skippers, a really good one that's automated might be better.
                      My Disneyland After Dark Flickr set!
                      My Disneyland Flickr set!
                      My Walt Disney World Flickr set!

Comment

bite your tongue!

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
                          I feel that Living With the Land is more appropriately suited to an automated spiel. It's a ride based on learning and facts rather than creating a true "story."
                          LWTL wasn't about story.. the spiel had a personal connection when you are getting a tour by the people of the pavilion.. not a tape deck.

Comment

Originally posted by coastierox View Post
                            jungle cruise will be next...
                            don't give them ideas!!!

Comment

as limited as the current script is, I wouldn't doubt it.
                              And what is the narration on the backlot tour going to point out? The things that aren't there anymore? The empty buildings out back where people used to work? The backlot tour needs to die in it's current state. The only thing that is worth seeing anymore is Catastrophe Canyon. The other highlight? Driving past a separate attraction you probably watched already earlier that day (LMA)

Click the banner! ^^^^
                              Follow us on Twitter
                              @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
                              Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X