This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Expedition Everest In A Battle For Its Life

For Animal Kingdom fans who are interested in helping out, Expedition Everest is the last Disney ride standing in Theme Park Insider's (just for fun) Best Ride tournament.

Cedar Point, Universal, Busch, their fans have shown up in great numbers, but the Disney fans (other than those who are regulars on the site) are staying home. If you want to help Everest get to the Final Four, just click on the link following and vote for it.

2009 Best Ride in America Tournament: Spider-Man, Hulk, Millennium Force and Everest

There is another contest running as well, and I would recomend a vote for Spider-Man over the Hulk coaster just so a dark ride makes it into the final round.

Anyway, you do not have to register to vote or to submit comments. So, if you don't mind, take a minute to help out.

Side story - An Interesting thing happened earlier today in the contest. Universal's Revenge of the Mummy was losing to Cedar Point's Maverick real bad. With just a few hours to go in the contest, someone (a fan? Universal themselves?) linked up to the contest through Facebook, and it became a race. ROTM made up a 30% - 40% difference and ended up winning the contest in a HUGE comeback win. It was pretty cool.

Just so you know, I am not trying to bug anyone or spam junk threads, I just want to see at least one Disney attraction in the final 4, but I can't do it alone.

You can only vote one time per IP and the polls are pretty closely monitored, though I am sure some cheating occurs (I hope not). However, I have not seen anything that would make me think there is rampant cheating going on...

You have nothing to lose by lending a hand.

Have a good evening... the polls will be open for a few more hours.

Thanks in advance.
    "We're in the business of telling great stories, and great stories never grow old. In the end, a roller coaster is just a roller coaster." -- Marty Sklar.

Re: Expedition Everest In A Battle For Its Life

I voted!!!!

Comment

Awesome, thanks!

With your 10k posts you must know a lot of folks...can you get the word out???

Wow, it just dawned on me... 10,000 posts... that is awesome! I know who I am coming to if I ever have a WDW question!
      "We're in the business of telling great stories, and great stories never grow old. In the end, a roller coaster is just a roller coaster." -- Marty Sklar.

Comment

I voted too. Just not for Everest. If they don't care to maintain it, than why should I care to vote for it?
        Tricia Jones:When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...
        Brodie: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Comment

Originally posted by coaster3001 View Post
          I voted too. Just not for Everest. If they don't care to maintain it, than why should I care to vote for it?
          Well it is the major, number one attraction in the park so fixing it isn't exactly an easy thing. It would take a long closure to get it back opened.

Comment

Originally posted by bigwig30 View Post
            Awesome, thanks!

With your 10k posts you must know a lot of folks...can you get the word out???

Wow, it just dawned on me... 10,000 posts... that is awesome! I know who I am coming to if I ever have a WDW question!

oh, I'm SO sorry I didn't see this request. Or, I would have been happy to spread the word. As for my 10,000 posts...it just proves I have no life. LOL

Comment

I refuse to vote for Everest as a protest against Disney for not maintaining and fixing the problem with the Yeti AA. Disney much rather run the ride in a lesser state of excellence than spending money to improve the show to it's original or better state.
              No votes from me.

Comment

I voted!...for Spiderman.

Sorry, but in my opinion Spiderman is hands down the best ride in the group.
                Disney and Universal fan for life!...Shocking ain't it?
                Seize the future with X-S! Not Stitch.
                I'm not crazy, now if you will excuse me I have tea time with the ghosts at Haunted Mansion.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                  I refuse to vote for Everest as a protest against Disney for not maintaining and fixing the problem with the Yeti AA.
                  I have no problem with that stance. In fact, I totally agree. And if you look at the comments for that day on TPI, it looked like a lot of people felt that way too. I hope WDI gets the message.

DAK needs four things (for those who like lists):

1) A fixed platform for the Y-E-T-I
                  2) Another E-Ticket to lessen the blow of fixing the Yeti
                  3) Something instead of Chester and Hester's Dino-Rama (2 & 3 could be the same thing)
                  4) Get rid of the Big Red/Little Red story on Kilimanjaro Safaris.

Fix those issues and DAK is nearly the perfect park.

Originally posted by AE_Fan View Post
                  Sorry, but in my opinion Spiderman is hands down the best ride in the group.
                  As for Spider-Man, couldn't agree more - best attraction in North America. Shame it lost to a coaster in the final four!

On Monday, the final is Revenge of the Mummy at USF vs Millennium Force from Cedar Point. Both great rides, but I will take the story-driven attraction almost any day over "just a coaster" - even one with a 300' drop!
                  Last edited by bigwig30; 04-05-2009, 04:17 AM. Reason: I can't type or spell!

Comment

I voted for Everest. I have no issues with the way it looks
                    Good morning, son
                    In twenty years from now
                    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                    And I can tell you 'bout today
                    And how I picked you up and everything changed
                    It was pain
                    Sunny days and rain
                    I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Oh c'mon NeverNeverland.. you as a CA fan at DLR should know better! You guys out there usually have a higher standards and stronger opinions because DL sets the bar higher. Would it be acceptable to you to have Everest there with a Yeti AA that has been broken and inop for months?? I would think not, and knowing how militant those of you at DLR can be.. I think you would agree. Besides, it's not about the way the attraction looks (as it does look quite nice)... but it's the principle of cheating the guest out of a better experience, as the ride and show was intended to be. I even miss that stupid bird on the stick!!! Now that is sad, since there really isn't much to look at when riding EE now a days... except for the cheap hotels off 192 in the distance when you hit the top of the lift.
                      I have no problem with that stance. In fact, I totally agree. And if you look at the comments for that day on TPI, it looked like a lot of people felt that way too. I hope WDI gets the message.

3) Something instead of Chester and Hester's Dino-Rama (2 & 3 could be the same thing)

Fix those issues and DAK is nearly the perfect park.
                      I can even deal with the stupid little red storyline in Kilimanjaro...IF they gave us Beastly Kingdom... and that is really what DAK needs right now, a brand new land to give guests (and management) a reason to keep the park open later, after the animal exhibits have closed at dusk.

Comment

Not to split hairs (no pun intended) but the Yeti animatronic itself is fine. Everything I have read indicates the platform on which he stands is at fault - it cannot support the force of the Yeti's lunges. Nice planning, Imagineers.

I had not heard the bird was gone too... that is really a shame. So what do you do now when the trains stops and the track is reset behind you? Sit and hum "The Pirates Life For Me"?

When I rode Everest in 2007, I thought it was the most immersive roller coaster I had ever ridden. It is a shame Disney can't (won't) keep it in tip top shape.

As for the Safari... I would rather the driver said nothing at all unless someone asked a question about the tour or the animals. The last thing we need is another Jungle Cruise...

Comment

Not to split hairs (no pun intended) but the Yeti animatronic itself is fine. Everything I have read indicates the platform on which he stands is at fault - it cannot support the force of the Yeti's lunges. Nice planning, Imagineers.

I had not heard the bird was gone too... that is really a shame. So what do you do now when the trains stops and the track is reset behind you? Sit and hum "The Pirates Life For Me"?

When I rode Everest in 2007, I thought it was the most immersive roller coaster I had ever ridden. It is a shame Disney can't (won't) keep it in tip top shape.

As for the Safari... I would rather the driver said nothing at all unless someone asked a question about the tour or the animals. The last thing we need is another Jungle Cruise...

what bird? Sad. I've rode this three or four times...and never even noticed a bird. Shows how I notice things. haha

with the Safari..it differs. I've had drivers that really got into their spiel and were fantastic. Really made you feel like you were on an African safari. Other times, I've had people that were so dull....the whole spiel was mundane and fake, and horrible.

Comment

Disney doesn't deserve such a reward when they let the ride operate in its current condition lacking effects and major elements.

Great DESIGN? Yes.. Great RIDE? Not today compared to what it is supposed to be.

No candy for Disney.

Comment

Fix those issues and DAK is nearly the perfect park.[/IMG]
                              Add Rivers of Lights to the list, and it would be perfect.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X