This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Woman killed at WDW last night

A woman lost her life at WDW's World Drive last night near the Contemporary Resort when she drove into the path of a tour bus. Two bus riders suffered injuries. Very sad to be at WDW and end up like this. I believe the woman was a guest and not a CM.

Re: Woman killed at WDW last night

What a tragic nightmare ..especially for any family and friends that she leaves behind. Hope she didn't suffer much pain. Even though I don't know them, I'm putting in a prayer for the woman and the loved ones she is sure to have had in her life.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 04-06-2009, 11:16 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

It is a shame that a life was lost, but I am curious if she might have been drinking or maybe was emotionally disturbed and she purposely drove into oncoming traffic.

I have stayed on property many times and I have driven the same road she was on (day and night) and I mean to drive in the wrong lane, with the amount of traffic those roads get, you would need to be seriously impaired to not notice an oncoming bus, or you would need to be looking to end your life to notice the oncoming traffic and not do anything about it.

Again, I have no other information than what was reported in the OP, and I am purely speculating here, but again, it seems odd that an accident like this could happen on that particular stretch of road...

Comment

This is very sad and my thoughts and prayers to her family and loved ones.
        Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Driver dies in accident with Disney tour bus -- OrlandoSentinel.com

Official story.

Comment

This is terrible news. I know how easy it is to get distracted at WDW with all there is to see. That's why I like to stay at a Disney resort and let Disney do the driving.

Comment

This is terrible...

But I was actually relieved to read how it happen, to be more 'personal accident' related rather than another faulty ride, health condition irritated by ride, or a violent attack.

This was no fault of Disney. It's just too bad she lost control of her car. Really sad. I wonder if she was there alone or with family?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
              http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

It's a sad story indeed. I also feel bad for the families on the bus who had to witness that. I haven't read the official story, and so I don't have all my facts, but if there were children on the bus I do feel terrible for them. It's definitely no way to spend a vacation.

My thoughts and prayers go to the family of the victim.

sigpic

Comment

Wow how sad It's hard when a death happens on the resort, such as the suicide at DLR last year, it's just changes your perception of the place for a little while, remembering that it's not a dream world but actually the real world.
                  Last trip to Disneyland: 04/06/09
                  Next trip to Disneyland: 04/23/09
                  Visits in 2009: 13
                  Last trip to DisneyWorld: 01/04/09-01/09/09
                  Next trip to DisneyWorld: ?

Comment

Sounds like she overshot the curve according to the story, terribly sad but traffic accidents do happen even at WDW.
                    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

sadly probably an outcome from a distracted driver

Unfortunately Disney can't make all of reality disappear. Stay safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
                        This is terrible...

But I was actually relieved to read how it happen, to be more 'personal accident' related rather than another faulty ride, health condition irritated by ride, or a violent attack.

This was no fault of Disney. It's just too bad she lost control of her car. Really sad. I wonder if she was there alone or with family?
                        I agree with the above, I was extremely worried that a ride was the cause of this.

But this is indeed horrible no matter what the cause was.

Comment

Ok..what's with the "Stop Serious Bleeding Fast" Google ad to the right of the reply box??
                          Bad timing considering the topic we are discussing.

Comment

That's terrible Best wishes to her family & friends.
                            "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

that's a bad news man....
                              thanE

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X