Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Crowds in April????

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Crowds in April????

I will be at WDW April 18-26 and I have never been this time of year. I am wondering how the crowds are going to be. Most spring breaks will be over, but should I expect it to still be busy???

Re: Crowds in April????

Well, yesterday, MK had a phase 4 closure, and DHS parking lot was full yesterday. They were routing people to EPCOT for parking.

MK is already at a phase 3 closure today. Soarin' was out of FP by 11 this morning. I would expect crowds if I was you.

Comment

so i guess this is not a good idea to go this month?
      just do what you think...

Comment

Well I know right now this week is Spring Break for most Elementary schools, Middle Schools, and High Schools so I am hoping it will slow down in a couple of weeks (fingers crossed) but from the sounds of how it is right now.....YIKES!

Comment

Spring break varies by school district (and by college for the college kids). The schools here were on spring break last week. Other schools are on spring break this week. And I'm sure other schools will be on spring break the week after that.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
            Spring break varies by school district (and by college for the college kids). The schools here were on spring break last week. Other schools are on spring break this week. And I'm sure other schools will be on spring break the week after that.
            Exactly. The school system I teach at has this week off, my Mom's has next week, and I know of a few in the area that has the following week. Just expect crowds and be prepared to stand in long lines.

Comment

Can you explain the phases? I'm going to be there next week staying on property (so parking will not be an issue for me but park closures will if we park hop).
              sigpic

Comment

My friend's in Florida are saying its insanely busy. I was supposed to be in Florida this week. It's good i decided to wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Wendygirl View Post
                  Can you explain the phases? I'm going to be there next week staying on property (so parking will not be an issue for me but park closures will if we park hop).
                  Phase 1: Guests with MYW base tickets, one day tickets, guests with no admission, and CMs using a main gate are turned around at the Auto Plaza.

Phase 2: Only resort guests, AP/PAP, Park Hoppers, guests re-entering the same park admitted, ONLY if using a taxi or resort transportation. (Auto Plaza is closed)

Phase 3: Only resort guests and AP/PAP admitted. (Only resort transportation)

Phase 4: Closed to all guests. (No incoming transportation)

Comment

Originally posted by Krankenstein View Post
                    I wonder how much they stick to these silly phases.. because even when the MK has been closed for the afternoon, many times I have opted to park at another park, like EPCOT, and have been able to ride the monorail over to the Mk and have been admitted without any problems, and I just have the basic 4-park AP!

In contrast at TDL, when they close the park, they mean it! Ticket windows close for good, and "TDL closed" sign go up as far away as Yokohama and Funabashi's train stations to let guests know before they travel there. At that time only guests who had pre-purchsed dated tickets for that day will be allowed in. Premium APs and people with non-dated tickets will NOT be allowed to pass the BinLadden check point and you will be directed to consider visiting TDS...if they are opened that is.
                    Point is.. if there is a will, there is a way at WDW. I have done this many times before successfully.

Comment

Originally posted by Krankenstein View Post
                      Phase 1: Guests with MYW base tickets, one day tickets, guests with no admission, and CMs using a main gate are turned around at the Auto Plaza.

Phase 2: Only resort guests, AP/PAP, Park Hoppers, guests re-entering the same park admitted, ONLY if using a taxi or resort transportation. (Auto Plaza is closed)

Phase 3: Only resort guests and AP/PAP admitted. (Only resort transportation)

Thank you. Seeing as how we will be resort guests and we have park hoppers I'm guessing we will be OK. If it is insane, I will check before we leave a park ... especially Easter Sunday. Whichever park we decide to visit that day, we will get there early!
                      sigpic

Comment

April 18th is actually the end of peak Easter season.

Comment

Originally posted by Wendygirl View Post
                          Thank you. Seeing as how we will be resort guests and we have park hoppers I'm guessing we will be OK. If it is insane, I will check before we leave a park ... especially Easter Sunday. Whichever park we decide to visit that day, we will get there early!
                          Yeah, you should be good. BTW, I just looked at TouringPlans.com, they are predicting 9s and 7s during your trip.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
                            April 18th is actually the end of peak Easter season.
                            Thanks DisneyPrincess4590! That makes me feel a little better. I would think the crowds would die down a little after Easter.

Comment

I think it's SO crazy how Spring Break is all over the board. My daughter's was the middle of March! I thought that was absolutely nuts. Ours was always the week of Easter.

That TOTALLY discouraged me from EVER going in Spring. But, I wish all of you that are going...the very best in travel, weather and crowds!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X