This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Tony's or Plaza?

We're making plans for our next trip; and trying to decide what restaurants we want to eat at this time. We usually eat at Liberty Tree Tavern while at the MK...but, we thought we'd try something different. IF it's worth trying.

1. So, are Tony's and the Plaza restaurant worth trying?

2.Or should we stick with LTT?

3.Which is better; Tony's or the Plaza?

Thanks Micers!

Re: Tony's or Plaza?

1. Yes I think they are! I've eaten at both, and had great experiences at both.
    2. ^ Try new things! I've never been to LTT, but I've been to Tony's 3 times, and Plaza 2.
    3. Well, Tony's gets a lot of flack, a lot of people don't like it. My family has never had a problem there and the Lady and the Tramp decor is so cute! The Plaza is pretty much a sandwich/burger/salad place and tends to be a little overpriced. It's a great place for lunch, and the Mayor and other denizens of Main Street tend to stop by!
    So, it depends on your family, do you prefer sandwiches or Italian? I love Tony's, but its not for everyone. The Plaza might be your safest choice.

Si vous voulez venir danser aussi, le ticket d’entrée n’est jamais gratuit.
    Il faut payer de sa vie.

Comment

I would do either over LTT
      www.jamboeveryone.com
      Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

I really enjoyed Plaza. I went there with my gf around closing time the last night of our trip during the first spectro parade and it was very pleasant. We didn't want anything really fancy to eat and I enjoyed just having a Reuben sandwich, something simple. Tony's is priced pretty high and I'd rather go to Mama Melrose for that kind've food(not the Italy restaurant though that's way overpriced for the value of food).

Comment

Thank you all SO much for the input. We've seen the menus online, and my husband really likes Tony's. I have found a few things on the Plaza's menu I would like to try...but, my only problem with the sandwiches at WDW...is the bread.

Why do they always put everything on that multigrain bread? Can you ask for a different type? I HATE that bread...all those little bits and pieces in it. ICK.

Comment

i will say the Plaza is more tiny and crammed while Tony's is more lavish and more romantic with a side of fun.

I love Tony's more. I've eaten 3 times at Plaza and twice at Tony's. I will say it is much quicker to get a bite over at Plaza while Tony will take up some of your time.

Do ask for an outside table at Tony's. It's amazing to sit outside and eat while watching and listening to Main Street pass you by. Of course if the weather is hot as heck then just head on inside to get out of the heat.

Have fun!

Comment

My vote is for the Plaza. I think Tony's is way overpriced for that they give you.

Comment

I have only eaten at Tony's and I enjoyed it both times. If you order the spaghetti, be sure and share it, because it is way too much for one person.
                BarbaraAnn

Comment

hmmmm...I would love to try Mama Melrose...but, we're only spending a half day at DHS...and I don't think we'll have time for a sit down dinner. I think we'll be trying Tony's. Hubby really wants to go there. I guess if it's that bad...I can always grab a hot dog. Yummm

Thanks SOOOOO much guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Stitchy View Post
                    Thank you all SO much for the input. We've seen the menus online, and my husband really likes Tony's. I have found a few things on the Plaza's menu I would like to try...but, my only problem with the sandwiches at WDW...is the bread.

Why do they always put everything on that multigrain bread? Can you ask for a different type? I HATE that bread...all those little bits and pieces in it. ICK.
                    My hubby and I ate at both Tony's and the Plaza last week. We both loved the Plaza menu so much better.

And I have to agree about the WDW bread. What is up with all those icky pieces in the bread? Though, my hubby had the Reuben at the Plaza and he loved the marble bread.

Comment

Thanks for your input, everyone. I've got Tony's on my list for June, too, and I think I'll stick with it. It's so hard to tell and the online reviews are all over the place as far as like/don't like. We'll give it a whirl and will report back!
                      A signature should go here.

Comment

Originally posted by SusieP. View Post
                        Thanks for your input, everyone. I've got Tony's on my list for June, too, and I think I'll stick with it. It's so hard to tell and the online reviews are all over the place as far as like/don't like. We'll give it a whirl and will report back!
                        You won't be disappointed and it is hard to tell online reviews with so many different taste buds. Enjoy!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X