Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

In room fridge

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] In room fridge

So I now know that my "value" resort room at POP won't have a fridge included. And there's no way in hell I'm throwing out an extra $100 for one, since we'll be there for 10 nights. My question is this: will they say anything if I bring my own little mini fridge, like the ones that college kids get?

Now I'm not exactly going to be trumpeting it around the resort saying, "hey, look at this". But will housekeeping get their undies in a was if they see it? Better yet, can they stop me from having one?

Thanks for any input you might have. We're not exactly going to boycott the place if we can't have one, since we're using the Dining plan but we'd like to have one to put snacks and stuff in.

Re: In room fridge

Um I don't know if they'll allow you to do that, it seems kind of fishy to me. Just use an ice bucket to keep things cold, that's how the rest of us get along without fridges.
    Last trip to Disneyland: 04/06/09
    Next trip to Disneyland: 04/23/09
    Visits in 2009: 13
    Last trip to DisneyWorld: 01/04/09-01/09/09
    Next trip to DisneyWorld: ?

Comment

I'd imagine it's $100 for the duration of your stay, not per night. Right? That would seem excessive.
      A signature should go here.

Comment

When we stayed at the All Star Movies, We just went to Costco or Walmart and bought a Styrofoam cooler and put ice in it. It's fairly cheap and it works.
        DisneyTwins
        Since May 2003

Comment

Yeah, it's 10 per night. Just like the internet, which is why we're getting the wireless anywhere from Cricket.

Comment

We like to have our hot cereal for breakfast, and one time when we were staying at a moderate for 11 days, we stopped by Walmart and bought a $30 microwave. We had been quoted $10 a day to rent one for our stay. So we paid less than $3 a day. At the end of our stay, we stopped the housekeeper who was doing the rooms in our section and asked if she knew somebody who would like to have it. Turns out she would, and she couldn't thank us enough. We routinely bring our own coffeemaker with us, because we hate the little ones and the coffee provided in most hotels. We have never been questioned by hotel staff about it, in many decades of doing so. We do make sure the appliance is unplugged and not in their way when leave our room for the day. Oh, and we also leave the housekeepers a decent tip.
            Last edited by MickeyMaxx; 04-13-2009, 11:33 AM.
            "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
            raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

� Ernest Thompson Seton

Comment

How much is the breakfast at Pop Century?

Comment

Breakfast menu from Allears.net
                Pop Century Breakfast
                Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Originally posted by draybook View Post
                  So I now know that my "value" resort room at POP won't have a fridge included. And there's no way in hell I'm throwing out an extra $100 for one, since we'll be there for 10 nights. My question is this: will they say anything if I bring my own little mini fridge, like the ones that college kids get?

Now I'm not exactly going to be trumpeting it around the resort saying, "hey, look at this". But will housekeeping get their undies in a was if they see it? Better yet, can they stop me from having one?

Thanks for any input you might have. We're not exactly going to boycott the place if we can't have one, since we're using the Dining plan but we'd like to have one to put snacks and stuff in.
                  2 things here, one there is a fridge swap on the dis boards so you can find the swaps and be put on the list. its pretty cool and we did it to. Or you can send a fridge down there and tell them to hold it. then if your not taking it back with you add it to the swap. its helped many people who need a fridge. Also if you have a medical need, a fridge is provided free. we had a free one 2 times as my mom is diabetic. and they do not ask the condition, just ask for one and they will have it in your room plugged in when you arrive.
                  -------------------------------------------
                  I miss dole whips......... can someone mail me one??

Comment

Originally posted by Orcinus View Post
                    Um I don't know if they'll allow you to do that, it seems kind of fishy to me. Just use an ice bucket to keep things cold, that's how the rest of us get along without fridges.
                    no its not , people do it all the time there. and toasters and coffee pots, and microwaves so if you want one you can purchase one and leave it for the next cool family who could use it ( random acts of kindness )
                    -------------------------------------------
                    I miss dole whips......... can someone mail me one??

Comment

We were able to get the fridge for free due to medical reasons. I'm not sure if they checked it or not to see if my meds were in there.
                      Growing older is manditory
                      Growing up is however, optional

Comment

Yes, you can bring your own mini fridge.

Comment

Why don't you take back some of this Christmas presents and pay for the fridge.

But seriously, I didn't know the value's didn't have in-room fridges. We've only stayed at Moderate and all 3 have had fridge's. I can't imaging spending a week at WDW and not being able to have milk or juice or something kept in the fridge.

Comment

Ummmm, I stayed in Pop Century last fall and had a fridge in my room--at no extra charge. I remember this because I left some beer behind when I checked out. :blush:

I was in the 70s building nearest the main building.
                            Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

Comment

Heck, I'd rather pay $30 on Ebay for a mini fridge and get to keep it as opposed to giving Disney $100 to rent one. We're already going to be spending more than enough money during the trip.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X