This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] Space Mountain Closed Thru November For Stellar Transformation

Caught wind of a cast member e-mail that announced the closure of Space Mountain, with the reopening date set toward the end of this year on Nov. 22. One cool Mission 2 appears to be upon us.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Re: Space Mountain Closed Thru November For Stellar Transformation

Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    One cool Mission 2 appears to be upon us.
    The original plans called for a 14 month closure and sweeping changes. In the interest of the almighty dollar, Disney has scaled back the changes to an extended rehab. Track changes to make the ride safe again (not layout changes), some ceiling & effect changes, maybe a new sound system, and some changes to the queue. No sweeping changes like a Mission 2.

Far as I am concerned, I just hope they make it DARK in there again!
    "We're in the business of telling great stories, and great stories never grow old. In the end, a roller coaster is just a roller coaster." -- Marty Sklar.

Comment

it sounds like nothing more than a rehab with minor changes.
      the hardcore WDWfans will love to see their ride as it always was

Comment

Last I heard it was just routine maintenance and was set to reopen on August 25

Comment

Originally posted by bigwig30 View Post
          The original plans called for a 14 month closure and sweeping changes. In the interest of the almighty dollar, Disney has scaled back the changes to an extended rehab. Track changes to make the ride safe again (not layout changes), some ceiling & effect changes, maybe a new sound system, and some changes to the queue. No sweeping changes like a Mission 2.

Far as I am concerned, I just hope they make it DARK in there again!
          An extended rehab with minor changes looks to be the case. Wouldn't it be a welcome surprise if WDW should decide to invest in some sort of significant new effects or other alternation? So tired of seeing WDW get the bad end of the stick in recent years.

Comment

Originally posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
            it sounds like nothing more than a rehab with minor changes.
            the hardcore WDWfans will love to see their ride as it always was
            As I told Dave, you're probably right Timmy. One can always hop, though.

Originally posted by ti2gr View Post
            Space Mountain will get an extensive rehab - though nothing that will likely involve expensive sweeping changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
              Caught wind of a cast member e-mail that announced the closure of Space Mountain, with the reopening date set toward the end of this year on Nov. 22. One cool Mission 2 appears to be upon us.
              That isn't long enough for a "Stellar" transformation. I'm really sad about this one. They could have really relaunched Space Mountain as Disneyland has done at least twice. But they cheaped out again. The WDW management just doesn't get it. They are all about cost cutting and getting by on the cheap.
              MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

Originally posted by bigwig30 View Post
                The original plans called for a 14 month closure and sweeping changes. In the interest of the almighty dollar, Disney has scaled back the changes to an extended rehab.
                That's what I feared.

As far as kowtowing to the dollar, I will not take my family back to WDW until management resumes building wowing, original & cohesive rides and maintaining the parks/attractions to the gold standard of yesteryear.
                http://www.idealbuildout.blogspot.com/

Comment

The end result probably won't be as nice as DL's but lets not pass judgement till we see the end product...after all Haunted Mansion turned out better than most had predicted.
                  Down with the Hat

Comment

Originally posted by ti2gr View Post
                    Thats the re-opening date for the TTA (people mover). Space Mountain will not be up and running until Nov 22nd.

Comment

I am so so bummed that eoplemover will be closed when I'm there!

i'll be even more bummed if they don't fix sm up nicely too! I've never ridden that one, out of fear of my safety!
                      Good morning, son
                      In twenty years from now
                      Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                      And I can tell you 'bout today
                      And how I picked you up and everything changed
                      It was pain
                      Sunny days and rain
                      I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Laaame. Space Mountain NEEDS an extensive refurb. I rode it back in January and about got whiplash haha. The difference between WDW's in DL's is so obvious, and I wish WDW could follow in DL's steps.

sigpic

Comment

Yes, but how do the Matterhorn Bobsleds compare to Space Mountain? Which is jerkier? Or, are they about the same?

Comment

Originally posted by astrologic View Post
                            Laaame. Space Mountain NEEDS an extensive refurb. I rode it back in January and about got whiplash haha. The difference between WDW's in DL's is so obvious, and I wish WDW could follow in DL's steps.

The sad thing is that MK has always followed. Never truly led.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                            http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Originally posted by dland_lover View Post
                              Yes, but how do the Matterhorn Bobsleds compare to Space Mountain? Which is jerkier? Or, are they about the same?
                              I personally think the Bobsleds are, but then again I have something against the Matterhorn lol. It's never been a favorite. I would love if they could replace it with Expedition Everest (one of the smoothest coasters ever!), but that is only a dream!

sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X