This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WDW cancels gay days events.

This is probably for the best. I really don't like when a major event focuses on 1 specific group of people especially at Disney.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
      One year, the Anaheim Angels (or whatever they call themselves now) baseball team was in the playoffs during Gay Days, and it was interesting, as the primary color of Angel T-Shirts is red.
      Don't remind me. I recall coming from the Angel Game that day after they had been eliminated. Rough day for Halo Fans.

Comment

Lisa and I have fun on every Gay Day...

We have a game called "Did they get the Memo?", which basically means are they wearing a Red shirt for Gay Days, or just pulled it out of the drawer for no specific reason.
        Hee! We have a game called "find a plaid?" Whenever we see someone basically with a deer in the headlights look at the sea of red shirts, we place bets between us to if they're going to go up to GS and either complain or ask where this HUGE tour group came from.

Comment

One year, the Anaheim Angels (or whatever they call themselves now) baseball team was in the playoffs during Gay Days, and it was interesting, as the primary color of Angel T-Shirts is red.
          I was there that year and they were playing against teh Red Sox in those playoffs. So there I was with my red shirt and my red sox baseball cap. Tons of Red Sox fans were there also with their red on too, and didn't know anything about it. Some people didn't know what to think and others assumed we were straight and made some comments to me about what was going on.....big mistake.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

My sister and I went before to gay days without knowing it was Gay Days. I also wore red. But I wore red becuase I have the tendancy to wear a lot of red- its my favorite color. We did not know it was Gay Days until the end of the day. It never even occurred to me that a lot of people were wearing red! I never had a problem with Gay Days at WDW. Everyone acts respectful, whether hetero or homosexual. Its just a bunch of people having a good time at WDW.
            Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Hey Disney Magic, thanks for the reply and clarification. I misread the site and thought gayday.com was on the same week as June 6. That makes it slightly less confusing.

BTW, are there anyone going to Universal Studio's Island of Adventures on Sunday? Or is that a no-no on this site? What do people usually do for Thursdays/Fridays or Sundays during Gay Days? I would like to visit Orlando too, and not just totally stuck in Disney. Recommendations?

Comment

Originally posted by ShinyDiscoBall View Post
                BTW, are there anyone going to Universal Studio's Island of Adventures on Sunday? Or is that a no-no on this site?
                Not a no-no at all. I highly recommend Universal, Islands of Adventure, and Sea World. They are all great parks!

According to the official schedule: Gay Days Calendar

Friday the 5th is at Disney's Hollywood Studios
                Saturday the 6th is Magic Kingdom
                And Sunday the 7th is Epcot.

Check out the calendar link Gay Days Calendar to find the events you are interested in.

But expect the official park each day to be very crowded. We usually like to go for a little while to enjoy all the fun and then go to one of the other parks which might be less busy.
                MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
                Save

Comment

booo here is the news...

allyour One Mighty Weekend!

Johnny Chisholm

JUMPSTART

REUNION POOL PARTIES AT THE BUENA VISTA PALACE

MAGIC JOURNEYS AT ARABIAN NIGHTSMagic Journeys is back and better than ever with DJ David Knapp on Friday night, DJ Tony Moran on Saturday night and DJs Peter Rauhofer and Offer Nissim spinning Sunday night.

Tickets are limited so get yours today for this first ever event!

Exciting Celebrity Talent for this weekend to be announced soon!

:love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:
                  We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
                  Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X