This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Main St. Barber or Bibbidi for boy?

I have had the gel put in my hair a few times, and it can be a pain to wash out. The best solution for me has been to rinse my hair in the sink at the hotel. The sprinkles are really the harder thing to rinse out of your hair. I was, as careful as I could be, to not make too much of a mess in the sink. I thought it a better option to do that, rather than clog up the shower. Normally, I am a bath person. It's also a good idea, to not grab the the hotel towel until all the gel is gone.

I took a look at the prices for the BBB, and I am definitely glad that my one and only grandchild is a boy. It's not only the hairdo that is expensive, but the nails are done, and then there are the clothing items that are offered.

I like the fact that the Barber Shop is a walk up place, that doesn't take reservations. They work pretty quickly. It's up to you whether or not you want to add a little color to your new look. The sprinkles are definitely optional, and of course work better with the gel. It gives them something to stick to. You can opt to do the gel, without the sprinkles, which is what my grandson liked best on his last visit to the barbershop in 05. He got a great spiked hairdo that was a hit with the Star Wars characters that he met, that year, at MGM.

.....and don't forget to tip the barber, the same way you would tip your stylist at home.
    Last edited by Barbaraann; 04-21-2009, 03:11 AM.
    BarbaraAnn

Comment

Thanks guys! I think I will stick to the original plan of Main St. barber. That way, all three of them can go together - plus, they would all have to get haircuts anyway so you actually get something more than just the fun memory! I will probably check out the Prince Phillip thing to, just to see - he loves swords and shields and for $12.95 that might be a good souvenier along with a fun memory for our second MK day.

Comment

Do you mean the BBB thing is $12.95? Cause, that doesn't sound right. Here's the services as listed on Allears.net.....it says he can get a "cool dude" do for $7.95.....but, doesn't list the Prince Philip service.
        Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique - Salon at Downtown Disney Marketplace
        So, you might want to call and talk to someone at the boutique just to be certain they have what you are looking for. The other services listed start at $49. Better to talk directly to the people themselves so there's no mixup or disappointment.

Comment

If you google the Knight Package, as it is called, you get the new Bibbity Bobbity Boutique at Disneyland, not at Disney World. Perhaps the Knight Package is not available at WDW, but only at Disneyland.

I usually refrain from promising my grandson anything specific when we go on vacation. I just make the plans, and we take things as they come. Some kids can really be upset when they are promised something, and it doesn't happen.
          BarbaraAnn

Comment

Just another bit of info because I just lazily read most of the posts here: Petes Paint Shop in ToonTown doesn't do hair. Its facepainting only.
            GRD999 - The Ghost Relations Dept.

http://ghostrelationsdept.blogspot.com/
            http://www.theghoulishgallery.com/

Comment

And consider how he'll be for the rest of the day. Boys in WDW do not dress up in any nearly the amount that girls do. But boys do get their hair cut, and show it off for the rest of the day. Will he care being the only costumed boy? You really do not see that many.

The haircuts do make the kids feel special. The CMs will always want to touch the hair too, it's more interaction (which the boys don't get as much of).

Plus $13 for anything at the BBB? That sounds way to cheap.

I go with the majority, the 3 generations at the barber shop will be a great story. But drop by ahead of time to share you plan with them, see if they can help you arrange a good picture or something...because the shop can have a wait and you could show up to find they don't all get in at the same time.

Comment

I believe that the Barbershop opens at 9 a.m. So if you get to the park early, and make it your first stop, you are more than likely to wait less.
                BarbaraAnn

Comment

Originally posted by tloolgb View Post
                  The haircuts do make the kids feel special. The CMs will always want to touch the hair too, it's more interaction (which the boys don't get as much of).
                  I don't know.. touching someone else's child now a days seem so politically incorrect. I personally would not, even to compliment a hair style.

Comment

It looks like you've made your decision but throw me into the tradition of going to barber shop, it's a unique experience and you can always take him for the Prince Philip makeover next year.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X