Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you spend on your splurge at Disney World?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What did you spend on your splurge at Disney World?

Originally posted by Parisi View Post
    [begin_rant]

So I guess according to you I am not allowed to have an opinion that differs from the majority of people on here?? Because that is what you are trying to convey in your post.
    Who says your not allowed to have an opinion???

And who spends $10K on a computer, people who have the money. Everybody has their own priorities.

All were saying is that it's their money, let them do with it what they want. You can have the opinion that it's stupid to spend $10K on a computer, or $27K at WDW, and I'd agree. But I'm not going to say that they shouldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Parisi View Post
      Now, getting back to my original post about all this. Spending $27k on a vacation to disney is crazy. It is.
      Parisi, it's comments like this where you're getting into trouble. IN YOUR OPINION, $27k is too much to spend. In my opinion, for ME, it's also too much. But I'm not about to say that someone else, a person or family who I know nothing about, is foolish or crazy for spending this kind of money. You keep coming up with arguments based on the kind of money that you (and probably I) make and could see spending. But as I keep saying, there are people out there who live on a completely different level than you or I. The kind of people that would move into the penthouse of the AKL for $1400 a night and not think twice about it. It's totally easy to run up a $27,000 tab, and completly understandable if that's the type of financial circle you run in. I don't, and neither do you. But you gotta quit calling people foolish or crazy because their spending habits don't match ours.

Comment

There is also the distinct possibility that people who spend $27k or even more on a vacation are literally on a once-in-a-lifetime trip. They may have saved for years until they had a big wad of cash so they could really do WDW in style. I inherited a bit from my parents and spent a good deal of it on our trip. People get money from all different sources and spend it in all different ways.

If you don't think it's possible to spend that kind of money, you just need to do your research a little more. Airfare, rental cars, top notch on site hotels, souvenirs, meals...I could easily set up a program that would spend that and probably a good deal more.

Comment

I went this past December '08 / January '09. Aside from the 7-day park hopper and the plane ticket and townhouse fees, I HAD to buy enough beer to get drunk while watching Fantasmic at DHS. Seriously, I saw the opportunity and I just had to. I'm a happy drunk anyways and all my friends back in SoCal loved the drunk texts I sent saying "I'm drinking beer and watching Fantasmic! This IS the happiest place on Earth!!". That was my big splurge since beers cost $10 there and it took about 5 to get me nice and tossed without going overboard.

Aside from that, I really didn't spend much on souvenirs and what not. Anyone who knows me knows that I love Disneyland but could care less about wearing or sporting their gear (check out my myspace and I'm sure you'd realize that you probably wouldn't catch me wearing a Disney shirt). I almost bought a shirt at Expedition Everest, though, but decided not to since I have so many clothes as it is and didn't want to buy something that would probably sit at the bottom of a drawer waiting for its rotation to come up.

I think the whole trip came out to around a $1000 or so. Best time I've had in a long time, though. Well worth it.
          Last edited by Jon Autopsy; 05-01-2009, 11:17 AM.
          "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"
          1st Place - MiceChat Gumball Rally 2012

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

Comment

Originally posted by SnorkletsMom View Post
            I could easily set up a program that would spend that and probably a good deal more.
            $27 large can go pretty fast.

Family of 4, 2 adults, 2 kids. A pair of adjoining rooms at the Contemporary club for 10 days $11,000.00

16 grand to go. And we haven't even brought park hoppers or DDP yet.

How much to *drive* the steam locomotive, again?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Autopsy View Post
              ...I HAD to buy enough beer to get drunk while watching Fantasmic at DHS. Seriously, I saw the opportunity and I just had to.
              Ahh, a man after my own heart. Next time, go to the Rose & Crown in the England area of Epcot's World Showcase. You can still get your beer, or do like me and have a vodka martini or 3, and then get one to go and take it with you to watch IllumiNations, Epcot's fantastic fireworks/laser/multimedia show. It's a terrific way to end a Disney day!

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post

All were saying is that it's their money, let them do with it what they want. You can have the opinion that it's stupid to spend $10K on a computer, or $27K at WDW, and I'd agree. But I'm not going to say that they shouldn't.
                Exactly...I didn't mean for this post to get people so angry. I mean, I DO think it's a bit of a wallet shredder for a Disney vacation, however these people definitly seemed to be enjoying themselves, which is what vacation is supposed to do in the first place, no? So if people are able to do something like this, I think they should do what makes them happy. And I don't think these people went broke because of it...

Comment

[Cheesy Grin]

Hello, it's Mr. Obvious here to announce that each person has the right to determine what their budget is for vacation. That's right, in case you didn't already know that you lived in a free country (if, in fact you do and if, in fact, it stay's that way)(and it's really not free, it's incredibly expensive) and had that freedom... well, ya do now. You're welcome. Go spend that money and stimulate the economy.

I'm also here to make public a policy regarding freedom of speech. It's been a round for a few hundred years now (atleast, officially on the books)(you know, the large parchment under the bulletproof glass up in DC?) so people who think the afore mentioned people are stupid have just as much right to say so. Again, a public service announcement from Mr. On-The-Spot, here.

In the interest of the forum I submit that those who can and do spend $27K on a vacation hook a brotha' up. I'll post glowing reviews of the good you did for the economy and yell back at everyone yelling at you. This is the one time I'm not too proud to ask for a handout. Don't get me wrong, I do alright and don't need a handout but if you're dropping 27-Large to dance with the Mouse, what do you care? Seriously, I do a really good foot massage and you're going to need it (I'll even close my eyes if you're a dude - because that would be weird). My kids will be happy to watch yours after hours and you can save the housekeeping tip.

[/Cheesy Grin]

Personally, I started reading this thread to see if I was over or under spending. I was interested in the spectrum of responses but half of this thread has been hijacked by people defending capitalism and people criticizing those who do better finanically. I can tell ya that I don't spend a mint but in my mind you're not having any better or worse a time than I; just more of it. The attraction lines are the same length, the busses at the deluxe resorts arrive no faster (I learned this on my last trip extensively) and whether you stay at a deluxe or value resort you're surrounded by the same people who have saved for years to go and are determined to wring every last penny out of their vacation and think they're entitled to run around, scream, yell, and show disrespect to the place; just more of it.

So what's the buzz? It's Disney, we all like it or we wouldn't be posting, so why be rude? I say, "good on ya! Have a great time, I will be, and please don't think you're entitled to jump the line and please only make one dinner reservation per night and I won't either!"
                  Last edited by marclichon; 05-05-2009, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X