Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walls Come Down from Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Pictures] Walls Come Down from Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration

    The walls had come down yesterday morning, and I took photos and video of what is there now. The attraction is officially opening on 5/6, but they were looping the pre-show video (without the sound) and showing "ads" on the LED screen while I was there. (ads are for both real restaurants/attractions/stores and fake ones).

    I have photos and links to video here:

    MouseSteps - Park/Resort Updates

    And some larger:











    Denise

    www.mousesteps.com




    Favorite TDL Typo:

    Originally posted by TDLFAN
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

  • #2
    Re: Walls Come Down from Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration

    where is that, exactly? I just can't seem to put my finger on it.....


    I thought they were going to do it in the little stadium thats in TomorrowLand?


    Looks really cute, though! Glad to see the COP getting some attention. I love that ride.



    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Walls Come Down from Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration

      Stitchy -

      It is between Space Mountain/COP/Wedway - in that area. They demolished the theater to use as a parking area for management (from what I understand), that is now blocked by a wall.
      Denise

      www.mousesteps.com




      Favorite TDL Typo:

      Originally posted by TDLFAN
      I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
      on Bay Lake.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Walls Come Down from Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration

        Thanks for the update Denise. From the construction pics I was expecting something bigger...

        I wish they had just rethemed the Galaxy Theater instead of building this. With all the land around WDW / MK...it's sad that they had to tear down yet another part of the 1971 park just so someone could park his car there.
        Down with the Hat

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Walls Come Down from Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration

          Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
          Stitchy -

          It is between Space Mountain/COP/Wedway - in that area. They demolished the theater to use as a parking area for management (from what I understand), that is now blocked by a wall.
          oh really? I had no idea. Thanks!



          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Walls Come Down from Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration

            Originally posted by Stitchy View Post
            oh really? I had no idea. Thanks!
            You are welcome!

            Here is more information:

            Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration
            Denise

            www.mousesteps.com




            Favorite TDL Typo:

            Originally posted by TDLFAN
            I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
            on Bay Lake.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Walls Come Down from Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration

              Yes, it was to put in more parking spots for all of those managers... oh wait.. the work order for the additional parking must have come before they laid off the 1400.
              GRD999 - The Ghost Relations Dept.

              http://ghostrelationsdept.blogspot.com/
              http://www.theghoulishgallery.com/

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Walls Come Down from Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration

                I'm all for WDW but this parking sht is just stupid.

                I can only hope that this space will once again be destroyed for a new addition in the years to come. That area really could have used a walk in theatre where you could look up and view space.

                One of those planet domes type things... oh hell I can't remember what they're called.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Walls Come Down from Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration

                  Planetarium?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Walls Come Down from Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration

                    Great photos, many thanks for sharing them, I find it feels so much smaller in person compared to the images I see on the Net.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Walls Come Down from Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration

                      Originally posted by aimster View Post
                      Planetarium?
                      Yes! that's what I was thinking about. Tomorrowland seems to be missing a video demo of outer space.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Walls Come Down from Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration

                        Originally posted by TheDisneyMagic View Post
                        Great photos, many thanks for sharing them, I find it feels so much smaller in person compared to the images I see on the Net.
                        You are welcome - it seems fairly large to me in height, but I'm not sure how many people can fit within the attraction (many more can sit and stand on the outskirts).
                        Denise

                        www.mousesteps.com




                        Favorite TDL Typo:

                        Originally posted by TDLFAN
                        I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
                        on Bay Lake.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Walls Come Down from Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration

                          Concern: where are the benches for guests to sit for the show? Personally, why could not they refurbish and remodel the Tomorrowland Theater and do that show there.. with more comfortable facilities?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Walls Come Down from Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration

                            I am at least pleased to see that giant screen isn't just sitting dormant outside of show times. Good to see they are using the Tomorrowland Chamber of Commerce again. Seems like that has been ignored since 1999.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Walls Come Down from Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration

                              Denise - the first and second pics - are those two separate structures, or two sides of the same structure? - Thanks.
                              Down with the Hat

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: Walls Come Down from Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration

                                Originally posted by tasman View Post
                                Denise - the first and second pics - are those two separate structures, or two sides of the same structure? - Thanks.
                                They are separate - the two structures face each other. One is larger with the screen and stage, that is closer to Space Mountain. The other is closer to the People Mover.
                                Denise

                                www.mousesteps.com




                                Favorite TDL Typo:

                                Originally posted by TDLFAN
                                I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
                                on Bay Lake.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: Walls Come Down from Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration

                                  Great pics, Denise, as usual.

                                  TDLFan already mentioned benches, but the much bigger problem is lack of shade. This is literally smack in the middle of a wide-open expanse of concrete. Tomorrowland in summer is not exactly known for its cool shadows. It is stark, blasting heat from mid-morning until night.

                                  They had a huge problem with this at the Galaxy Palace theater, and that actually did have some attempt at shade. You would just bake in there on those metal bleachers.

                                  When Flights of Wonder opened at AK, they similarly left out the covering. They had to shift everything into a revival-tent thingy for months while they retrofitted some canvas shade over the theater (the tent was also my hands-down favorite for tackiest show I have ever seen at WDW: White tarp, astroturf floor, and cheap-o plastic lawn chairs).
                                  -Shane

                                  An obsession with arcane, obscure, and absurd secrets of Walt Disney World

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: Walls Come Down from Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration

                                    Shane - how are you???? I haven't heard from you in forever!

                                    I agree with this, especially during summer season. Maybe they will make some effort to provide cover for guests in the meantime. I've not seen Flights of Wonder, surprisingly considering how much time I've spent in DAK.

                                    Originally posted by Hazelrah View Post
                                    Great pics, Denise, as usual.

                                    TDLFan already mentioned benches, but the much bigger problem is lack of shade. This is literally smack in the middle of a wide-open expanse of concrete. Tomorrowland in summer is not exactly known for its cool shadows. It is stark, blasting heat from mid-morning until night.

                                    They had a huge problem with this at the Galaxy Palace theater, and that actually did have some attempt at shade. You would just bake in there on those metal bleachers.

                                    When Flights of Wonder opened at AK, they similarly left out the covering. They had to shift everything into a revival-tent thingy for months while they retrofitted some canvas shade over the theater (the tent was also my hands-down favorite for tackiest show I have ever seen at WDW: White tarp, astroturf floor, and cheap-o plastic lawn chairs).
                                    Denise

                                    www.mousesteps.com




                                    Favorite TDL Typo:

                                    Originally posted by TDLFAN
                                    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
                                    on Bay Lake.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Re: Walls Come Down from Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration

                                      They should have moving coverings overhead that come out when there's poor weather or really hot days. That would look futuristic and "cool"
                                      My Blog: http://imagineeringmind.wordpress.com

                                      Parks Visited: MK - EPCOT - DHS - DAK - DL - DCA - HKDL - TDL - TDS

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Re: Walls Come Down from Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration

                                        I hope this means that they're planning on taking out the crappy attraction.

                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X