This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Swine Flu at DisneyWorld

I hope the incubation period is 7-10 days so I can at least enjoy my vacation before coming down with the flu when I return
    Maybe you folks can tell me though. Does gettin' two womenfolk mean you're the winner or the loser?
    ~Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland

Comment

Originally posted by rstar View Post
      Well, WHO (world health org.) has raised the alert to level 5- level 6 is a pandemic. So, has Disney decided what they will do? Extra sanitizing of hand rails and bathrooms? Do they have a pre-set plan for something like this?

If it goes to a 6 will they have to close?

But from what I hear, yes this a nasty virus, but not particularly more deadly than any other. tens of thousands of people die every year from the flu. Mostly the weak, HIV and immune sufferers, old, and very young people.

It sounds more like a serious alert- turn panic to me.

And the best advice is to try to keep your immune system healthy. Eat well (foods high in antoxidants), drink plenty of liquids, and get plenty of rest. Oh, and WASH YOUR HANDS OFTEN! And cary a small hand sanitizer to use when needed.

from what i read on cnn. the regular flu kills alot more people. I would just stay relaxed and calm.

Comment

Just take a small bottle of hand sanitizer with you to the parks and use as needed. I carried one with me that fit in my pocket and went on about my happy way
        With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

Comment

I hope it will be gone by 2011 and my mom said it maybe be 2010
          Here come's the bride.
          As long as we live.
          Till death do us part.
          You may kiss the bride.

Comment

How do we say Sensationalism? Swine Flu
            The fact of the matter is this, there are 190 confirmed cases in 20 states. That's less than 9 people per state. A state like Florida, 10 million people, that's a risk 1 in over a million. People wake up already. This is all a buch of media fed sensationalism. Fact of the matter is that in the United States alone an average of 35,000 people die every years from standard strains of the flu. look at the math, 35,000 compared to 190. Again how do we say sensationalism?

Comment

Originally posted by ti2gr View Post
              How do we say Sensationalism? Swine Flu
              The fact of the matter is this, there are 190 confirmed cases in 20 states. That's less than 9 people per state. A state like Florida, 10 million people, that's a risk 1 in over a million. People wake up already. This is all a buch of media fed sensationalism. Fact of the matter is that in the United States alone an average of 35,000 people die every years from standard strains of the flu. look at the math, 35,000 compared to 190. Again how do we say sensationalism?
              DING DING DING!!! We have a winner!!!

This is what I've been saying all along! And the effects of the swine flu are nearly the same as the regular flu! (I actually haven't read or heard what the difference even is.) I say "bah!" to the swine flu, drink my orange juice, and go on my merry little way.

Click the banner! ^^^^
              Follow us on Twitter
              @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
              Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Comment

Did it return to the Mexico pavilion at EPCOT?
                I don't like strollers, kids on leashes or ecv's. Yeah, I'm a jerk like that. But I am pro musket cap gun at D Land.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                Working...
                X