X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Bob Weis on Sorcerer Mickey Hat

Surprised this hasn't popped up on the boards yet:

The Travelears Are Days of the Sorcerer Mickey Hat at the Studios Numbered?
    "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

Re: Bob Weis on Sorcerer Mickey Hat

EEP! I like the hat! Who wants to look at the theater? I could go to LA for that! I wanna see the hat!

Comment

Originally posted by Stitchy View Post
      EEP! I like the hat! Who wants to look at the theater? I could go to LA for that! I wanna see the hat!
      Trust me' you do not want to see the one in LA.

Comment

Originally posted by HMF View Post
        Trust me' you do not want to see the one in LA.
        Seriously. I was just there a couple of weeks ago and it made me seriously appreciate the old Hollywood of our dreams that exists at Hollywood Studios.

Yes, the real one is in L.A.

The way we imagine it is in our dreams? That's at Disney.

Please, please, take that Sorcerer's Hat and at the very least, put it somewhere else.

Comment

Re-Imagineering blog just posted on this as well.

Comment

I'm all for the hat staying, still have no problem with it. For me it's an icon but then again others don't view it as such. Maybe it was an icon shoved down my memory throat through the marketing of the four parks but it stuck and I like it.

But seriously I just can't picture Epcot's Spaceship Earth, AK's Tree, Cinderella's Castle and a movie theatre as the fourth icon. For some reason a Hat works and not just any hat but the one mickey wore in that legendary film.

I guess they can replace the hat with AN EVEN BIGGER HAT!

Comment

I know where they can stick that hat, but this is a family friendly forum :evil:
              See more of my horrible photos (and a few good ones) at my Flickr photostream

Comment

I hope they move the hat somewhere else. I like the hat, just not where it is. Maybe they can move it to Downtown Disney and replace the pin store they have there with it.

Comment

I don't like the hat... but if they do move it, move it to one of the All-Star resorts. That way I'll never see it again.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                  http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Demolish the hat, period. That alone will improve DHS by 78.3%.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                      Demolish the hat, period. That alone will improve DHS by 78.3%.

I agree, we didn't care for it on our first trip last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
                        For some reason a Hat works and not just any hat but the one mickey wore in that legendary film.
                        It's the hat Mickey took without permission and then used to cause a big problem.

I'd also like to point out that Eric Jacobson, one of the Imagineers who was present and said, "I see there’s mixed opinions on that. I’ll be taking some names on the way out. We’ll have a little sign up sheet," is the Imagineer behind designing the hat. The man who designed this thing wants it gone.

Comment

I like the hat, but i hate the location. And I really hate the fact that it's nothing more than a pin station. Dumb.

Click the banner! ^^^^
                          Follow us on Twitter
                          @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
                          Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Comment

There were many thematic blunders that happened at WDW in the late 1990s and early 2000s but this was the worst. Get rid of this tacky monstrosity that destorys one of WDW's best vistas. Maybe it can be a storefront for a Wonderful World of Eisner shop somewhere else.
                            Down with the Hat

Comment

Am leaving FL next year...hope I see this view before I go...one that doesn't exist in LA. Aside from its sheer garishness, the Hat makes the whole space seem so cramped.

In addition to the theater itself, I love how the rows of palm tress extended across the plaza...they really added a sense of length to the vista.

Down with the Hat

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X