This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Disney World in 2 days?

Hey everyone. My wife and I as well as 2 of our friends are heading to Orlando to go on a cruise to the Caribbean from October 10th-17th. Anyways we decided to spend a couple days in Orlando as well so we booked our plane tickets to fly into Orlando on the 7th of October giving us the 8th and 9th to spend in the city. Right now we are trying to decide though what we want to do there and we are pretty much torn between spending the 2 days at Disney World or at Universal.

The question is would we be able to do most the stuff in the 4 parks in Disney World? If we decide to go to Disney I don't wanna feel rushed. However Disney is open longer then Universal and from what i've read that isn't a busy time of year ether.

Anyways any help or insight you could give me would be great. Is it worth trying to do the Disney World experiance in 2 days or should we just got to Universal instead and come back to Disney when we have more time.

Re: Disney World in 2 days?

I think you may feel that you "must" see all 4 parks in a matter of 2 days. That of course is not always the only option when visiting WDW.

For a pair of traveling adults, you must visit Epcot. It's a grown adults theme park loaded with culture. Epcot's World Showcase will take up the majority of your day and I would insist not be rushed, spend the whole day there, explore everything and enjoy the park.

As for the 2nd day, you could the Magic Kingdom for the child at heart in you or you could visit the Animal Kingdom, which is smaller compared to the other parks but able to do in one day without missing too much. Plus at AK you get a Broadway style show with Nemo and the Safari ride that you must get Fast Passes for as to not waste hours of your day trying to get on one.

Magic Kingdom can be skipped for a next trip as well as Hollywood Studios.

It all depends on what you want to do and are in the mood for. Do you want to visit a park with animals? Visit a park that has Cinderella's Castle? Check out a park with a movie inspiration? Or a park that has huge amounts of international culture?

People who try to park hop all four in 2 days will feel rushed. Time does escape you.

I have yet to visit Universal Studios and since they have 2 parks now you may feel rushed to enjoy everything there as I believe they may offer 2 for 1 park tickets, I'm assuming on the ticket part.

If Animal Kingdom isn't your thing, meaning you're not a big fan of Disney's version of an enchanced collection of live animals, then take part in the Magic Kingdom. Remember, a day at the Magic Kingdom does invite you to leave the park during the afternoon, travel to the surrounding deluxe hotels around the lagoon by boat or monorail and basically tour the Grand Floridian Hotel, The Wilderness Lodge, The Polynesian Hotel, etc and possibly dine at one of their resturants for the afternoon returning to the MK for the nightly shows, Wishes fireworks and Spectromagic parade.

Magic Kingdom can be a great park to enjoy for traveling adults if you include a tour of the deluxe resorts. AK doesn't have that option, you'd have to travel by bus to see the resorts instead of taking a quick boat ride or a monorail ride. Hollywood Studios does offer this same option by traveling by boat to see Boardwalk Hotel, Yacht & Beach Clube Resort hotel but of course you can do this too while at Epcot since both Epcot and Hollywood Studios are only a boat ride from each other, separated by these hotels.

A 2 day base ticket is only 149 bucks, give or take, each person. 50 bucks more on each 2 day ticket gets you the park hopper option which I think would be wasted on only 2 days at the resort, especially if you don't want to rush your stay.

Universal Studios offers 2 day 2 park tickets for 95 bucks per person/1 day 2 park tickets for 85 bucks per person and if you only go to 1 of Universal's 2 parks then you would have to pay 73 bucks per person per day.

If you plan on splitting both theme parks into 2 days then you basically spend average 149 again so it's all about what you want to do in terms of driving, getting more bang for your buck, what you're in the mood for and if WDW parks are something you just can't pass up.

Another thing to remember, Universal Studios isn't as open as longer during October due to their Halloween Horror Nights. Same goes for Magic Kingdom's Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, which has amazing fireworks you can see all around the Magic Kingdom, inside and outside the park.

October 9th has Universal's HHN scheduled. Also October 8th and 9th has MK closing early at 7 for their own extra ticketed halloween party. You all could participate but you'd have to pay extra for a ticket to the 7pm to midnight party. This would be the good time to get all of MK, including the fireworks before you're asked to exit for the party to where you can then tour the deluxe hotels and dine there at night. Then catch the Halloween fireworks from the beach of the Grand Floridian Hotel, something somewhat romantic since you won't hear the halloween music but more so just see the fireworks.

I've got loads of ideas so if you have more just ask me or us here at MiceChat.
    Last edited by Micoofy Duck; 05-19-2009, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Buy 14 days unexpirable. Then, one day, return to WDW.

Otherwise, (to me) it is certainly not worth it. Perhaps you could make it a hotel tour, so you'll know where to stay when you finally go to WDW.

Comment

Personally I like not to be rushed - one park per day. Animal Kingdom and Epcot are the two most unique to WDW. MK also worthy if you don't get to visit DL often.
        Down with the Hat

Comment

Until you have actually been to Disney World, you don't realize how big it is. I have been there numerous times, and there are always new things to do. A two day ticket for Disney World will cost you $149 per adult, and you can get into Universal for a week for about $100. I know that you didn't mention Sea World, but two days at that park is only about $70.

Disney has structured their tickets, so that the longer you go, the cheaper the price gets per day. Only you know what your budget is like. Not everyone has the same opinion of Disney World. Some people go once, and say they have done it, and others can't get enough of it.

You just need to decide if you are willing to pay the price to find out which Disney World guest you are.
          BarbaraAnn

Comment

If you've never been to WDW or Disneyland before, I would suggest Epcot and MK, one per day. Otherwise, I would suggest Epcot and AK. So matter what you do... go to Epcot

Comment

If I only had two days, I think I would spend one day at MK and the other at Epcot.

Personally, I don't think it's worth trying to cram 4 parks into two days at WDW since precious time is lost having to go between any two Disney parks that aren't exactly close together like they are in DL or Universal. I just think you have to rush around too much while keeping a close eye on your Mickey Mouse watch. To me, that's no fun.

Of the four parks, I think you can fit the Animal Kingdom and MGM in one day, but they are my two least favorite parks so I'd only consider going to them if I had a third day. Of course, that just me though.

Comment

Thanks for the insight those have given. We recently went to the Disneyland report in December so we would mostly be concentrating on the things that the Disney World parks have to offer that the Calfornia ones don't. But thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Teknik_DC2 View Post
                  Thanks for the insight those have given. We recently went to the Disneyland report in December so we would mostly be concentrating on the things that the Disney World parks have to offer that the Calfornia ones don't. But thanks again.
                  Then definitely go for Epcot and Animal Kingdom, and leave Magic Kingdom and Studios for another time. There are unique elements to enjoy at both MK and DHS but not enough to justify spending some of your two days there if you have recently been to DL. Philharmagic is the best of the unique attractions that you would miss by skipping those two parks...but there's always next time.
                  Down with the Hat

Comment

May I suggest you order a WDW trip planner? It will come with a DVD and park maps for all four parks. That way, you, your wife..and your friends, can sit down and pick out the things you want to do and see. Then, you can work out an "attack plan". The may be the best option...since you'll have specific goals in mind...and won't waste time wandering aimlessly.

Comment

It is almost physically impossible to see and do everything that you want at WDW in two days, and if you try, you will feel like you're running a marathon. Not fun.

My advice is to go to Universal for two days, and get an Express pass for each of you (this costs extra, but it's like an unlimited Fastpass). That way, you can breeze into most rides and probably have time to do everything you want. You also save on a lot of commuting time, since the two Universal parks are right next to each other. If you stay at a Universal resort, the Express pass will be free.

Comment

Originally posted by tasman View Post
                        Then definitely go for Epcot and Animal Kingdom, and leave Magic Kingdom and Studios for another time. There are unique elements to enjoy at both MK and DHS but not enough to justify spending some of your two days there if you have recently been to DL. Philharmagic is the best of the unique attractions that you would miss by skipping those two parks...but there's always next time.
                        What Tasman said.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X