Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] What makes Magic Kingdom worth a visit?

Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 06-16-2009, 09:00 AM.

Re: What makes Magic Kingdom worth a visit?

MK has the best Haunted Mansion anywhere. I also think it has one of the better Fireworks shows anywhere. Plus, its the only park who still has the peoplemover (although its currently under refurbishment)

Comment

The only reason I would go to MK would be if I was closer to it than any other Disneyland-style park and couldn't stand to be away from one any longer. Or, if I was taking a trip to EPCOT, DHS and DAK and was just stopping by.

Comment

I think the MK's appeal has everything in the world to do with the fact that you have 4 parks (plus water parks, if you're interested) to see. I've not seen anyone claim that the MK alone is better than content at other DL parks, but I think the entire package makes the trip worth it for most.

Comment

The only reason to go to MK is if you have the time to visit the other parks. MK is a good time, but it's no longer the reason I'd go to WDW.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
          http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

I believe it's what you have available to you. Most people can't or don't see a reason to visit all the other Disney parks in the world, save the dire hard fans. The average family gets touted WDW almost everywhere and that's what they think of when they think of the parks. So I think most people going there have no experience with any other MK park so they take what they are given because it's still good enough to paint the fantasy. Maybe not to those of us that have been going there forever or have seen the way it should be done in other parks but for those that don't know anything else, it does it for them.

It's all about perception. If all you've ever seen is Magic Kingdom in WDW then that's what your used to.

I personally visit it because I flippin live here and while I'd rather be at DL (because I've never been over seas) I take what I can because it's what I have available to me.

Doesn't mean I dislike the park, I just enjoy it for what I can and take from it what I need.

Does that help?

Comment

It tends to be open later than the other parks.

Comment

sunny eclipse
                www.jamboeveryone.com
                Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

In addition to what others are mentioning--there's some details here that are basically ideas that Walt had for the original Disneyland that were not built or carried to fruition.

Liberty Square, once named Edison Square was on the original plan.

Secondly, this place is HUGE. Given the space to build out, the rides were all slightly bigger and the detail was included. Look at the Castle. Here with it's size, it matches the majesty that Disney wanted in California.

I do believe it is worth a visit of a day.

But I'm one who sees everything as unique. Do not take the time to compare it D-land or any other park for that matter. See it for what it is.

A place of dreams and imagination. Not a comparative essay written for third period.

I love the park, frankly, and it satisifies my need of escapism.

Hopefully, that made sense.

Peace,
                  Roo
                  husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Comment

It is the best magic kindgom on the planet. Better than TDL.
                    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Comment

MK may not have much to offer for someone who travels the world visiting Disney parks, but plenty for most people. There is still enough magic for the average the average visitor who may not be quite as informed - or cynical - as some in these forums. The rides, parades, etc may be lesser than some equivalent in some other parks but are still very good in their own right and appreciated by most people as such. So the answer for you would be that it's not worth a visit, since you would likely go there excpecting to be disappointed and then find exactly that. Don't get me wrong - I think MK can and should improve in many ways. But a visit there is still worth it for most people...and most people leave quite happy.
                      Down with the Hat

Comment

Originally posted by Roo719 View Post
                        Liberty Square, once named Edison Square was on the original plan.
                        It actually comes from Liberty Street which was a separate project planned in conjunction with Edison Square. Edison Square would have been accessed between Main Street, USA and Tomorrowland and Liberty Street would have been accessed from Town Square. The 1958 fun map (see front inside cover of The Art of Disneyland or both inside covers of Disneyland: Inside Story) shows the two projects.

Comment

TTA/Peoplemover
                          Carousel of Progress
                          Country Bear Jamboree
                          different Haunted Mansion, Splash, Space and Thunder
                          Wishes
                          SpectroMagic
                          Dole Whips!
                          Hall of Presidents
                          Figaro Fries

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
                            It actually comes from Liberty Street which was a separate project planned in conjunction with Edison Square. Edison Square would have been accessed between Main Street, USA and Tomorrowland and Liberty Street would have been accessed from Town Square. The 1958 fun map (see front inside cover of The Art of Disneyland or both inside covers of Disneyland: Inside Story) shows the two projects.
                            I beg your pardon for paraphrasing--no ill intent was meant.

Thanks for the elaboration.

Peace,
                            Roo
                            husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Comment

Originally posted by SummerInFL View Post
                              I believe it's what you have available to you. Most people can't or don't see a reason to visit all the other Disney parks in the world, save the dire hard fans. The average family gets touted WDW almost everywhere and that's what they think of when they think of the parks. So I think most people going there have no experience with any other MK park so they take what they are given because it's still good enough to paint the fantasy. Maybe not to those of us that have been going there forever or have seen the way it should be done in other parks but for those that don't know anything else, it does it for them.

It's all about perception. If all you've ever seen is Magic Kingdom in WDW then that's what your used to.

I personally visit it because I flippin live here and while I'd rather be at DL (because I've never been over seas) I take what I can because it's what I have available to me.

Doesn't mean I dislike the park, I just enjoy it for what I can and take from it what I need.

Does that help?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X