X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Fireworks at the California Grill Confusion

Hi folks!

So I'm thinking of heading to WDW for my birthday week in August. I've heard many times about seeing fireworks from the California Grill at the top of the Contemporary, so I made reservations for 9:45 (I think the fireworks are set for 10 that night) on my birthday....when I got my email confirmation, it noted that you could dine and then go up to the balcony to see the show--so now I'm confused.

I was thinking you needed to be dining at the time of the show, but now I see that's not the case. Now I'm worried I've made a bad decision because we'll be stuck at our table when the fireworks go off. Would it be better to set my reservations for earlier in the evening --or is the view from the table good?

Thanks much!

Brer Dan

Re: Fireworks at the California Grill Confusion

We did this last year. They let you leave the table during the meal to watch on the balcony. They even keep the food warm for you by not putting it out during the fireworks.

They have it down to a science, and it works very well.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

And even if you aren't seating yet, you still can go out and watch them
      Good morning, son
      In twenty years from now
      Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
      And I can tell you 'bout today
      And how I picked you up and everything changed
      It was pain
      Sunny days and rain
      I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

when we went, half of my family went out on the balcony and the other half stayed at the table. both were great locations, so you will be fine either way! they play the music inside and dim the lights so that you have no problem seeing them if you choose to stay inside... and you will definitely love the restaurant!

Comment

Thanks for all the replies folks! I definitely appreciate it

I might do this one night and the new Noodle location desert buffet another night.

Comment

Originally posted by BrerDan View Post
            Thanks for all the replies folks! I definitely appreciate it

I might do this one night and the new Noodle location desert buffet another night.
            We're looking to try the dessert buffet this July. I haven't called yet, but I think we're going to try it.

And FYI...there are 2 balconies for the fireworks in the California Grill. The second one, by the bathrooms, is less crowded because it is slightly hidden. Our server suggested seeing the fireworks from this back balcony, and it was much less crowded.
            It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Thanks for the tip!!!

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
              We're looking to try the dessert buffet this July. I haven't called yet, but I think we're going to try it.

And FYI...there are 2 balconies for the fireworks in the California Grill. The second one, by the bathrooms, is less crowded because it is slightly hidden. Our server suggested seeing the fireworks from this back balcony, and it was much less crowded.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X