Day Trip! Stitch's Last Hurrah, Festival of the Lion King and Friends!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SummerInFL
    Relax
    • Sep 2005

Trip Report Day Trip! Stitch's Last Hurrah, Festival of the Lion King and Friends!

Since it was mentioned that Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration was going to end, I wanted to get over to the parks and catch one of the last showings. Evilqueenrocks and family were headed to DAK this weekend, so it was a win win!

Should you like to see all the photos I took yesterday, please visit HERE.

I parked at the Polynesian and grabbed a quick ride on the Monorail.

Luckily I had arrived just as the rain stopped.

As another show was starting in 10 minutes I headed over to Tomorrowland to grab a spot, I didn't have to fight any crowds.

So for about 10-15 minutes Stitch talks to you on the screen (aka Turtle Talk Crush style) and asks various members of the group some questions.

More talking.

So after asking the crowd a few times he says, "Oh well, gotta go now!"

WTF? That was it? Wasn't there dancers and stuff? I guess the last show was really a few days prior. I was disappointed to say the least, it was quite apparent that most people standing there after it was over thought the same thing, as most were confused as to whether or not they should leave. Well, once the sound guy closed the window behind us I took that as a sign and left. Based on that performance I can understand why they are cancelling it.

So I headed back to the entrance the long way, snapping some pics along the way.

I stopped by HoP to see if they were taking soft openings. No such luck.

The signage looks great though, everything has a new coat of paint.

I was very pleased with the crowds, it was just the perfect level.

Another quick monorail ride to the Poly and it was off to DAK!

After meeting up with the gang at Dinosaur we headed to a very important park of the park.

The bathrooms...

BigPigletFan and I decided to explore a trail and discovered this guy. I can't tell if he's running or dancing, what do you think?

EvilQueenRocks and her trusty hat.

Yeehaw!

So we rounded everyone up and headed over to watch Festival of the Lion King. I happen to think this is a really great show and I enjoy it very much.

Due to EQR's mother's generosity, we ended up with wicked good seats.

Fire!

Wonder if they guy has any body hair after doing this multiple times a day? LOL

Hot coals! Hot coals!

My finger accidently hit the zoom button, whoops!

Disco!

After the show we headed over to Pizzafari for lunch. It's a really well themed counter service. Some advice for people that go, walk down the long hallway to the back, no one ever sits back there and the room is just wonderful.

It's the Circle of Life...

Two foxy ladies...

We are always teasing EQR because she's a Nascar fan, so I borrowed this hat for a fun pic together. The orange shirts weren't planned, I swear. The fox in the background was, however.

Howdy ya'll.

Paws off now!

Back to Dinoland we went to ride Dinosaur. The ride is crazy bouncy, it's fun but that last jaunt at the end really can shake you up!

*sings* Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..
    Oh wait, my bad...

Mrs. Huxstable?

Time Rover!

Love the kid in the front. LOL

Then EQR and I headed over for a trip aboard Everest.

Bring it!

Windie, Twisty, Turnie!

Weeee!!

It was there we departed as I wanted to hit some of the animal trails and the safari before heading home.

First up was the Maharahjah Jungle Trek

I think the bats were all asleep or just really hot.

I have to say the best time of the day to visit any park is within the last hour of it being open. NO PEOPLE and every attraction is virtually a walk on, it's fabulous!

Aww, she's got a heart shaped booty!

The one in back wanted to play, the other girl wanted nothing to do with her but get cooled off in the water.

Guess who won? LOL

Testing the water..

Easing on in there!

Ahhhhhh...

If you ever get the opportunity, the theming is excellent through these areas, make sure you visit. There is really so much to see!

?

I love how the CM costumes are also themed, I know it's standard all around but these looked really cool.

Time to head over to Safari!

Yay for no line! I got an entire row to myself, it was great!

Is it me or does the buzzard look like he's eating the Rhino?

So many rare animals in Africa, like this one!

Elephants were out in full force as well.

Charge! GO! GO! GO!

As I exited I took on the Pangani Forest Trail.

What the?

What are you looking at?

Time to head out!

Yay for no people!

At the exit they had the busload of characters dancing and seeing everyone out. I like it, it's a good ending to a long day.

The last thing I did was stop at Rainforest Cafe and have dinner before heading home. I didn't want to eat too late so I took up a seat at the bar and enjoyed some dinner.

*tumbleweeds*

Until next time!

The End

• Oswald the Rabbitt
    Mickey is not my Brother
    • Aug 2006

Re: Day Trip! Stitch's Last Hurrah, Festival of the Lion King and Friends!

Amazing photos, DAK is such a beautiful park

Comment

• All4dISNEY
      At one w/ our Disneyness
      • Mar 2007

LOVE THESE PICS!! Just the right size crowd for my liking too. What a gr8 day!! And you weren't totally NASCAR, your shirt has sleeves.
      Just countin' the days til the next visit!

Comment

• Wanda Woman
        Super Hero
        • Oct 2005

Great pics, Summer!

That's so weird about the Stitch show. It was like it had already been canceled, but someone forgot to tell Stitch. Bad show.

I really want to go to DAK now!

Comment

• Kritter
          He Gets The Job Done
          • Oct 2006

You always have amazing TR's!

What makes you look to the right for the picture on Dinosaur?

Comment

• naumoney
            Beware of Mutant Mickey!
            • Nov 2006

I don't know what happened to your Stitch show, I saw the show before and it was not like that. Maybe it was a rain version. I saw the last performance and it was certainly the full show. I have some pictures of the final show I may put up.

Best hold on to Your Hats and Glasses, 'cause this heres the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness!

Comment

• TDLFAN
              Banned User
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by SummerInFl
              WTF? That was it?
              Summer, I love it when you go potty mouth!! Hahaha!
              Originally posted by SummerInFl
              BigPigletFan and I decided to explore a trail and discovered this guy.
              Ok, I will excersice my right to remain silent and plead "NOT guilty"..as I was not doing anything in the woods. Nothing at all.

Fun aside... I really am sorry I missed you guys. Thanks for the call and for thinking of me. Had I been in town, I would have come over and join for a while.
              Love your pics of the stripped kitties, bats and komodo.. and especially this cute cute cute monkey below!!!

Comment

• yoyoflamingo
                How do you do?
                MiceChat Round-Up Crew
                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Kritter View Post

A giant carnotaurus roaring in your face.

Good to see you and evilqueenrocks in the TR! Miss all the Florida MCers!
                It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

• SummerInFL
                  Relax
                  • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Kritter View Post

They take your photo just ask the big as heck T-Rex pops out at you. Which is why some people have frightened looks on their faces.

Comment

• Stitchy
                    Disappearing/Reappearing
                    • Jun 2006

I just LOVE the tumble monkeys!

Hey...did you happen to see any of those bats wearing J's sunglasses? LOL

Comment

• joanna71985
                      Characters are my friends
                      • Sep 2006

Great TR! I love the pictures, especially the ones of FotLK and of the tigers.
                      Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL DreamJan 20-24, 2014: DCL MagicFeb 17/18, 2015 AS Music

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
                      May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
                      May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
                      May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
                      Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
                      Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
                      May 16, 2010~ Fulltime

Comment

• Rex Dopey24
                        Goofy
                        • Jul 2006

great pictures.

Comment

• gRuMpEe
                          My liver hurts!
                          • Oct 2007

Great TR Summer!! Makes me anxious to visit FL!!
                          Originally posted by PEZZ Lightyear
                          Try the Hello Te-Kitty-la.

Comment

• DonDuck
                            Don't mess with the duck!
                            • Jun 2006

Always love your TR's! Wonderful pics.

Comment

• MickeyMaxx
                              Orbital Pluto

MiceChat Moderator
                              • Nov 2005

Summer, you make me yearn for WDW, even though we were just there. Animal Kingdom is wonderful and the trails have such detail, and great close-up animal encounters, I think I could spend a full week vacation just in that park.

Amazing photos as always!
                              "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
                              raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

� Ernest Thompson Seton

Comment

• TimmyTimmyTimmy
                                Banned User
                                • Dec 2008

Great pics!
                                Amazing how empty the the Florida parks look.

Comment

• JoseyDisney
                                  Counting down til WDW
                                  • May 2007

great. great. great.

Comment

• goofystitch
                                    Diamond Edition
                                    • Jun 2009

It's weird that Magic Kingdom was so dormant while you were there. I went yesterday and it was very crowded and everytime I've been this summer, its been crowded, so you got lucky.
                                    I'm attempting to watch and review every Disney movie ever made in my blog called The Disney Films. You can also follow me on Twitter for news on upcoming Disney films.

Comment

• Thorpeedo
                                      Occasional Reader
                                      • Oct 2007

you look like you had the place to yourself. Top pics
                                      Smile, you never know who's looking !

Comment

• SummerInFL
                                        Relax
                                        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
                                        Great pics!
                                        Amazing how empty the the Florida parks look.
                                        Originally posted by goofystitch View Post
                                        It's weird that Magic Kingdom was so dormant while you were there. I went yesterday and it was very crowded and everytime I've been this summer, its been crowded, so you got lucky.
                                        I don't want to give the wrong impression here.

Most of the photos I take is more good timing than anything. If I have to wait 10-15 seconds for a space in the crowd, I will do it. That particular trip I'd say out of 10 the crowd level was a 5 or 6 ish?

I try and take photos of things that the average tourist wouldn't think of, it is helpful two ways: 1. I see the parks in a different way and 2. It makes for a unique trip report without the same old photos every time.

For those reasons, the things I take pics of tend to be out of the way where most tourists don't go so waiting for that opportune moment to take the photo never takes me very long.

It helps to know the back roads of the parks. :thumbup:

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X