This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] What new rides for 2011

Its going to be WDW's 40th in 2011; what new rides will be at the four parks?

Re: What new rides for 2011

Nothing has been confirmed yet. Anything you hear is pretty much rumor/speculation.

Comment

An updated Star Tours?

I thought I read somewhere that Studios is supposed to get a new E ticket for 2011 but people weren't sure if it was an update of star tours or something new.

Comment

So many rumors it's hard to keep track.

Right now there is a rumor that a major announcement might come in October for the press event, but I'll believe that when I hear it.
        It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Originally posted by au82 View Post
          By all appearances, zilch :thumbdown

Comment

Originally posted by au82 View Post
            Yup...very likely... absolutely nothing

There seems a general concensus that MK and DHS will get new rides, but very likely we are looking at the 2012 - 2014 period.

Originally posted by Pete's Dragon View Post
            An updated Star Tours?

I thought I read somewhere that Studios is supposed to get a new E ticket for 2011 but people weren't sure if it was an update of star tours or something new.
            Both DL and TDL are likely to get ST2 before DHS...and hasn't been any movement towards those two parks getting it, so it's reasonable not to expect it at DHS either.
            Down with the Hat

Comment

I live in Orlando so I hear a lot of the rumors, but I haven't heard anything about new rides in 2011. Ever since the 30th Anniversary, Disney World hasn't made a big deal about the anniversary of the resort, unless of course you collect pins. I'm assuming they are saving the money that they normally spent every 5 years to do something big for the 50th.

Contrary to what tasman said, a cast member at Star Tours told me that Imagineers were there recently checking out mechanics of some of the theaters. Perhaps this was just a routine checkup, but the Star Tours Flight Attendant seemed confident this was for Star Tours 2, so I wouldn't completely rule out WDW getting it late until a formal announcement is made.

As for a new thrill ride at DHS, I don't know how "thrilling" it will be, but there are a lot of rumors of a Monster's Inc. indoor roller coaster going next to Toy Story Mania. However, I have no idea how much truth there is to it and from what I heard, it wouldn't be ready until at least 2012.

The other rumors are for the Fantasyland overhaul at Magic Kingdom, but again the dates I've heard are for 2012 with much of the land being closed in phases during 2010-2011.
              I'm attempting to watch and review every Disney movie ever made in my blog called The Disney Films. You can also follow me on Twitter for news on upcoming Disney films.

Comment

Why do we keep torturing ourselves like this? We all know there won't be any new rides coming anytime soon. We'll be lucky if we at least get a new 40th anniversary parade in 2011... and by new I mean, totally new and not a recycled version of DL's 50th anniversary parade floats.

Comment

I do think the Little Mermaid announcement is coming soon, it just depends on when.

Comment

That would be nice, but DCA will still get it first. However, I think it was Al Lutz who mentioned the bigwigs at WDW were not interested in adding at this moment.
                    Personally? I much rather see the MK park evolving and catching up with the technology that is already on display at the other 4 DL parks on Earth.

Comment

Hmmm...I should start plotting now about how to convince hubby to take us for the 40th anniversary.

Do you think they will celebrate it?

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                        Personally? I much rather see the MK park evolving and catching up with the technology that is already on display at the other 4 DL parks on Earth.
                        I agree, but I also think MK needs to add to its roster of attractions also. But, with the Hall of Presidents, Space, and Mansion being refurbished, maybe we're beginning to see a change? I'm still skeptical, especially since these attractions should have been refurbished long before now, but at least it's hopefully a step in the right direction.

Cautiously optimistic, but being a realist as well...

Comment

I know what you mean, but I also have issues with the way WDC is running the parks now a days.. Disney is more than rides.. it's about creating the illusion of perfection by ways of maintenance and cleaning... and overall show performance. Those are aspects of the MK that need just as much improvement as the dated rides that now populate the park. When you see shows like the new stitch underperform and close quickly, or unimpressive efforts such as the Stitch Encounter, or the bland Monsters Club.. I think it's not difficult to see something is wrong about the park. The improvement they have made so far and the ones on their way are quite welcomed and I am glad they are trying.. but at this point in time, it's just too little an effort. Reason why I am as skeptical as you are.

Comment

Didn't they just redo City hall too?

Comment

Stitchy asked:
                              Hmmm...I should start plotting now about how to convince hubby to take us for the 40th anniversary.

Do you think they will celebrate it?
                              It's too soon to know, but I'm not expecting anything. Disney World hasn't properly celebrated an anniversary since the 25th in 1996. In 2001-2002, the 100 Year of Magic celebration was going on, so the only evidence of the 30th anniversary were a few limited edition pins released. In 2006-2007, they were having the first Year of a Million Dreams. Disney seems to be on a celebration kick to get guests coming back to the parks, so I'm just assuming that there will be something going on that will overshadow the 40th anniversary.

Having said that, Disney World does do special events at individual parks. For example, on October 1st, 2007, there was a special event for Epcot's 25th anniversary, with a rededication of the park, as well as a lecture by Marty Sklar about the park and it's history. And recently, on May 1st, there was a similar event at Disney's Hollywood Studios for that parks' 20th anniversary. The point that I am making is that if Disney doesn't announce a formal 40th Anniversary Celebration for the resort, don't except much. But if you can plan your trip around October 1st, 2011, I am certain there will be something special going on at Magic Kingdom, since that is the park that will be turning 40.
                              I'm attempting to watch and review every Disney movie ever made in my blog called The Disney Films. You can also follow me on Twitter for news on upcoming Disney films.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X