Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spaceship Earth ending?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] Spaceship Earth ending?

    Another thread got me thinking...

    Has anything been going on with the descent on Spaceship Earth yet? I know about the triangles and lights hanging from the ceiling and some black curtains that may or may not be hiding something behind them. I saw all that myself several times last year.

    Has anyone heard anything? Anyone? Bueller?

    I'm really hoping what's there now really isn't just it.

  • #2
    Re: Spaceship Earth ending?

    Since it has been more than a year since the new version of the ride opened and nothing has changed, it would appear that what you see is what you get. I wonder if the original things are still there behind the curtain? I miss them.

    I think the reason there isn't much to look at is because they want you to be paying attention to your "future" on the way down. However, 2 times that I've ridden, the screen on my car malfunctioned and so I was literally sitting in the dark listening to other guest's futures. I think there should be something to look at for the guests who have technical difficulties on their car.
    I'm attempting to watch and review every Disney movie ever made in my blog called The Disney Films. You can also follow me on Twitter for news on upcoming Disney films.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Spaceship Earth ending?

      Lee and Martin at wdwmagic both reported several months ago that the extra funding that was being used to complete that section have been pulled and are currently being used to fund some other improvement projects in Epcot. The word was that much has been done, and it only will take a little bit to turn it on but that it was decided to reroute that money and when the new budgetary year comes up, maybe it would be completed then.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Spaceship Earth ending?

        Originally posted by kcnole View Post
        Lee and Martin at wdwmagic both reported several months ago that the extra funding that was being used to complete that section have been pulled and are currently being used to fund some other improvement projects in Epcot. The word was that much has been done, and it only will take a little bit to turn it on but that it was decided to reroute that money and when the new budgetary year comes up, maybe it would be completed then.
        I guess Disney isn't immune to the tough economy. Hopefully when things improve they'll finish the re-work of the ending.
        Have a Magical day!


        Check out: DisneyVacations4Families.com!
        • Theme park guides
        • Vacation planning tips
        • Orlando hotel, condo, & rental home info
        • Walt Disney World photo galleries

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Spaceship Earth ending?

          I hope not! I visited WDW last year and rode Spaceship earth twice. I loved it.
          "Some of us prefer illusion to despair!" ~ Nelson Muntz of The Simpsons when being teased for liking Snow White and being told that she was just an actress.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Spaceship Earth ending?

            snowsbeau, I don't think you understand what we are talking about. We are only talking about them changing the ending of the ride, meaning the part where your vehicle is traveling backwards through darkness. During this time, you "create your future" on the TV screen, but there is nothing to see around you. The video at the end doesn't always work, so there should be something for guests to look at on their way down. Most of the ride was updated in 2007.
            I'm attempting to watch and review every Disney movie ever made in my blog called The Disney Films. You can also follow me on Twitter for news on upcoming Disney films.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Spaceship Earth ending?

              Originally posted by kcnole View Post
              Lee and Martin at wdwmagic both reported several months ago that the extra funding that was being used to complete that section have been pulled and are currently being used to fund some other improvement projects in Epcot. The word was that much has been done, and it only will take a little bit to turn it on but that it was decided to reroute that money and when the new budgetary year comes up, maybe it would be completed then.
              Ugh. I just want the sparkly city and the floating Spaceship Earth model back. Just give me those and I'd be happy.
              Last edited by aimster; 07-08-2009, 01:52 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Spaceship Earth ending?

                Originally posted by goofystitch View Post
                snowsbeau, I don't think you understand what we are talking about. We are only talking about them changing the ending of the ride, meaning the part where your vehicle is traveling backwards through darkness. During this time, you "create your future" on the TV screen, but there is nothing to see around you. The video at the end doesn't always work, so there should be something for guests to look at on their way down. Most of the ride was updated in 2007.
                I enjoyed that feeling of floating through a starfield on the way down. It was a pretty cool (though pretty simple) effect.
                Have a Magical day!


                Check out: DisneyVacations4Families.com!
                • Theme park guides
                • Vacation planning tips
                • Orlando hotel, condo, & rental home info
                • Walt Disney World photo galleries

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Spaceship Earth ending?

                  The starfield is fine. It's what comes after, or in this case doesn't, that is the problem. Past the stars, there are a few dimly lit triangles and that is it. When the screens don't work, you are literally left in the dark for your "return journey."
                  I'm attempting to watch and review every Disney movie ever made in my blog called The Disney Films. You can also follow me on Twitter for news on upcoming Disney films.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Spaceship Earth ending?

                    I'm talking about the part when you're coming back down, when the cars are turned backwards.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Spaceship Earth ending?

                      This is a point of major contention with me. It was so brilliant before and to simply cover up or remove something that's already installed is asonine. Let's hope Glitter City gets to see the light (dark?) of day next fiscal year.
                      Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Spaceship Earth ending?

                        I've heard Siemens is waiting for extra $$$ before finishing SSE.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Spaceship Earth ending?

                          Originally posted by Disney Vet View Post
                          I've heard Siemens is waiting for extra $$$ before finishing SSE.
                          Maybe Disney is waiting for more $$$ from Siemens before doing anything about the bland ending?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Spaceship Earth ending?

                            The glitter city is gone much to my chagrin. I have heard the SSE model may be coming back but its just a rumor.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Spaceship Earth ending?

                              Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                              Maybe Disney is waiting for more $$$ from Siemens before doing anything about the bland ending?
                              That is what I was told.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X