Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WDW Engagement Help...

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] WDW Engagement Help...






  • #2
    Re: WDW Engagement Help...

    I would send a letter to Animal Kingdom Lodge and let them know that you plan to propose during your trip and see if they can do anything. I know the resorts used to sell a glass slipper that you could put a ring into if you were going to propose.

    Personally, I think some of the cliched places are some of the best. In particular, the wishing well. You could tell her to make a wish and when she turns around, you will be on one knee with a ring. Or, you could take her to the Cinderella fountain behind the castle and present her with a glass slipper or something. Just whatever you do, don't propose at Wet N' Wild. lol.

    If you can wait until you get to Epcot, there is a beautiful and quiet area in France to the right where guests usually don't go. That would make for a nice and quiet engagement.
    I'm attempting to watch and review every Disney movie ever made in my blog called The Disney Films. You can also follow me on Twitter for news on upcoming Disney films.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: WDW Engagement Help...

      Where in particular are you refering to in France? Don't get me wrong I do like the cliche places but if I can do something different I will. Not sure how to incorporate the slipper in the park.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: WDW Engagement Help...

        Cinderella's Wishing Well by the castle at MK is very popular for proposals.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: WDW Engagement Help...

          If you are walking through World Showcase counter-clockwise and you are approaching France after the bridge from the U.K., stay to your right. Instead of going down the main section past Chefs De France to get to the film, there is a courtyard to the right with a planter. I'm going to Epcot in about an hour for lunch, so I'll try to take a picture and post it later.
          I'm attempting to watch and review every Disney movie ever made in my blog called The Disney Films. You can also follow me on Twitter for news on upcoming Disney films.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: WDW Engagement Help...

            This was at Disneyland, but my husband proposed to me in the wheel house of the Mark Twain. I don't remember how, but he got the CM's involved and my family and I went on a "fake" tour to get us to the Mark Twain and he was waiting in the wheel house for us. There was also a Disney Photographer to take pictures and they had sparkling cider for a toast after. I think he called the park and told them what he wanted to do, but I don't remember. Plus I was not in on the secret. When he gets home from work I might ask him what he did to get everything set up.

            So I would suggest the wheel house of the (is it) Liberty Belle. It's a nice spot where she will always remember that was the place, it's out of the way so you don't feel like you have lots of people watching, and it gives great views of the park. Just my 2 cents.
            Wow...I've been gone a long time...but I'm glad to be back!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: WDW Engagement Help...

              I think I know the area you are refering to, but if you're able to snap a photo that will help greatly since I won't have time to recon while we are there!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: WDW Engagement Help...

                Originally posted by sassy*tink View Post
                This was at Disneyland, but my husband proposed to me in the wheel house of the Mark Twain. I don't remember how, but he got the CM's involved and my family and I went on a "fake" tour to get us to the Mark Twain and he was waiting in the wheel house for us. There was also a Disney Photographer to take pictures and they had sparkling cider for a toast after. I think he called the park and told them what he wanted to do, but I don't remember. Plus I was not in on the secret. When he gets home from work I might ask him what he did to get everything set up.

                So I would suggest the wheel house of the (is it) Liberty Belle. It's a nice spot where she will always remember that was the place, it's out of the way so you don't feel like you have lots of people watching, and it gives great views of the park. Just my 2 cents.

                That would be great to know how I can get the CM's to help out before I get down there!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: WDW Engagement Help...

                  How about just through the gates around the flag pole arean, at night the view down Main Street to the castle when every shop is lit up looks great. Then of course you have the always charming castle lit up too at the end.

                  You'd be flirting with originality in this spot, but it's still a great spot.
                  Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: WDW Engagement Help...

                    Originally posted by Maverick View Post
                    How about just through the gates around the flag pole arean, at night the view down Main Street to the castle when every shop is lit up looks great. Then of course you have the always charming castle lit up too at the end.

                    You'd be flirting with originality in this spot, but it's still a great spot.
                    This sounds like a great idea, plus it's generally not a busy area until Wishes. I'll keep this one in mind, thanks! :thumbup:

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: WDW Engagement Help...

                      Boxalarm, I sent you a private message so let me know what you think. I went to WDW this past December/January for my first time so, even though I don't know the whole WDW like some people do, I tried to be as original as I could.
                      "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"
                      1st Place - MiceChat Gumball Rally 2012

                      JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: WDW Engagement Help...

                        Keep us updated!
                        Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: WDW Engagement Help...

                          I talked to my husband and he reminded me that he knew someone who worked at the park who helped him out. But he also used the Special Occasions at Disneyland CM's help. The phone number is for the Disneyland park, but I think they might be able to help you get the number for WDW if they have a department like that. I'll pm the phone number to you. Good luck! Let us know how it goes!!!
                          Wow...I've been gone a long time...but I'm glad to be back!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: WDW Engagement Help...

                            the plot thickens
                            Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: WDW Engagement Help...

                              Originally posted by sassy*tink View Post
                              I talked to my husband and he reminded me that he knew someone who worked at the park who helped him out. But he also used the Special Occasions at Disneyland CM's help. The phone number is for the Disneyland park, but I think they might be able to help you get the number for WDW if they have a department like that. I'll pm the phone number to you. Good luck! Let us know how it goes!!!
                              Got it! This is awesome, I'd have never guessed they had a special occasions department! Thank you so much! I will most certainly keep everyone posted and let you all know what my game plan is once I have everything set!

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X