Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Enchanted Forest Expansion Coming To Fantasyland

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Rumor] Enchanted Forest Expansion Coming To Fantasyland

    A Princess centered Enchanted Forest is coming to The Maic Kingdom's fantasyland. The expansion is to take place in the Mickey's Toon town fair area. The new area will include storytimes, a plentitude of meet and greets, music shows, birthday parties...and tons of entertaining moments that will leave kids, parents, and beautiful Disney princess lovers everywhere full of irrepresible happiness and laughter.

    So if you enjoy magical enchantment and are crazy about princess (I know that I am! :lmao::blush, stay tuned for when the opening is announced.

    Source: Theme Park Insider
    Last edited by MickeyMaxx; 07-09-2009, 12:43 PM. Reason: Removed link.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  • #2
    Re: Enchanted Forest Expansion Coming To Fantasyland

    This article is almost a month old?


    :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Enchanted Forest Expansion Coming To Fantasyland

      Originally posted by TravisMT81 View Post
      This article is almost a month old?
      :lol: Yeah. Well, I wiped the dust off and presented it anyway...cause it's still news that many are unaware of.
      To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Enchanted Forest Expansion Coming To Fantasyland

        I just hate how land is wasted on meet and greets.

        They could make another attraction for all ages to enjoy, but NOOOO that is just too much effort. Just add a few forest props here and there and wellah we got something to promote.

        *not hating on Pixie Hollow as that is an exception*

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Enchanted Forest Expansion Coming To Fantasyland

          Pop Century is finally being finished!
          Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Enchanted Forest Expansion Coming To Fantasyland

            Originally posted by Goover View Post
            I just hate how land is wasted on meet and greets.

            They could make another attraction for all ages to enjoy, but NOOOO that is just too much effort. Just add a few forest props here and there and wellah we got something to promote.

            *not hating on Pixie Hollow as that is an exception*
            Actually, I just heard that an actual ride attraction may be added to the enchanted Forest as well. I'm thinking possibly the Snow White diamond mine coaster/dark ride that we've herd about in the past. Afterall, plans appear to be underway for a Little Mermaid darkride at the former sub lagoon site. The rumored Fantasyland expansion upgrade appears to be in swing...and it's taking some surprising twists and turns.

            screamscape.com/html/wdw_-_magic_kingdom.htm

            2012 to 2015 - Fantasyland Update - Rumor - (7/9/09)

            "Sucking up most of the budget is the proposed new Little Mermaid dark ride, but there are other new attractions in involved as well, such as converting Snow White into a family friendly coaster ride through the Dwarves diamond mine."

            Originally posted by Maverick View Post
            Pop Century is finally being finished!
            Great news! I'm anxious to see photos of it. Thanks, Maverick.
            Last edited by penguinsoda; 07-09-2009, 08:01 PM. Reason: Link to non partner site removed per board policy
            To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Enchanted Forest Expansion Coming To Fantasyland

              Originally posted by Maverick View Post
              Pop Century is finally being finished!
              source?

              Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
              A Princess centered Enchanted Forest is coming to The Maic Kingdom's fantasyland. The expansion is to take place in the Mickey's Toon town fair area. The new area will include storytimes, a plentitude of meet and greets, music shows, birthday parties...and tons of entertaining moments that will leave kids, parents, and beautiful Disney princess lovers everywhere full of irrepresible happiness and laughter.

              So if you enjoy magical enchantment and are crazy about princess (I know that I am! :lmao::blush, stay tuned for when the opening is announced.

              Source: Theme Park Insider
              Sooo.... the big ugly "tent" behind Mickey and Minnie's house's is now going to be filled with an Enchant Forest instead of a shop, is that what I am understanding? (Theme continuity issue.) Or are they demolishing Toontown Fair? (An idea I am not against.) If they are, what about the Barnstormer? I love that Coaster! And... umm.. Princesses? Really? There has to be more to it than that. I mean my daughter would like it, but my son and I... Yawn...
              He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
              follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
              DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Enchanted Forest Expansion Coming To Fantasyland

                Originally posted by Coastierox View Post
                source?



                Sooo.... the big ugly "tent" behind Mickey and Minnie's house's is now going to be filled with an Enchant Forest instead of a shop, is that what I am understanding? (Theme continuity issue.) Or are they demolishing Toontown Fair? (An idea I am not against.) If they are, what about the Barnstormer? I love that Coaster! And... umm.. Princesses? Really? There has to be more to it than that. I mean my daughter would like it, but my son and I... Yawn...
                It's unclear whether part or all od Toon Town Fair acreage would be used. An additional possibility is that some part of Fantasyland near to and bordering Toon Town Fair might also be redeveloped.

                As for rides, I would imagine the Barnstormer would remain...and potentially rethemed. As for you and your son, Disney will not be so naive as to create a large area that appeals almost exclusely to girls. A Snow White diamond mine coaster/dark ride might be included in the Enchanted Forest.
                To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Enchanted Forest Expansion Coming To Fantasyland

                  Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
                  :lol: Yeah. Well, I wiped the dust off and presented it anyway...cause it's still news that many are unaware of.
                  http://micechat.com/forums/community...gineering.html

                  It actually was already posted almost a week ago in the thread above.
                  It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!









                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Enchanted Forest Expansion Coming To Fantasyland

                    If the Snow White diamond mine coaster becomes a part of the Enchanted Forest, I would hope that WDW would consider another princess ride...Beauty and the Beast. How cool would that be?!
                    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Enchanted Forest Expansion Coming To Fantasyland

                      Beauty and the Beast is rumored to replace Snow White's Scary Adventures. Also, I have never heard that the mine coaster would go in Enchanted Forrest. Everything I've heard so far claims this will go next to Mermaid, sharing the former Lagoon site.

                      It sounds to me like Enchanted Forrest is a clone of the super popular Princess Fantasy Fair at Disneyland. They do the exact same things inside, only there it was a former theater. I think the best place for this would be in the giant tent. That way, they don't have to change anything about Toontown Fair (although like others, I wish they would).

                      To me, it sounds like when you enter the tent that is currently a gift shop, you will have the option of getting in line for fairies or going straight in to Enchanted Forrest. Hopefully they will have some kind of a wall of trees to at least make it seem mysterious rather than just walking in and seeing everything. The area will be divided up into an area where each princess can make her grand entrance, an area where princesses will tell stories (what will happen to Story Time with Belle?), and an area for pictures and autographs, hopefully each princess getting her own fitting background.

                      While I'm not thrilled with the idea, character greetings are popular, especially with princesses. I think this would be a better use of that space than unnecessary retail that can all be found on Main Street. And remember, the whole reason that tent even exists was for the old Disney Afternoon Show, which was followed by meeting areas for pictures and autographs.
                      I'm attempting to watch and review every Disney movie ever made in my blog called The Disney Films. You can also follow me on Twitter for news on upcoming Disney films.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Enchanted Forest Expansion Coming To Fantasyland

                        Originally posted by goofystitch View Post
                        Beauty and the Beast is rumored to replace Snow White's Scary Adventures. Also, I have never heard that the mine coaster would go in Enchanted Forrest. Everything I've heard so far claims this will go next to Mermaid, sharing the former Lagoon site.

                        It sounds to me like Enchanted Forrest is a clone of the super popular Princess Fantasy Fair at Disneyland. They do the exact same things inside, only there it was a former theater. I think the best place for this would be in the giant tent. That way, they don't have to change anything about Toontown Fair (although like others, I wish they would).

                        To me, it sounds like when you enter the tent that is currently a gift shop, you will have the option of getting in line for fairies or going straight in to Enchanted Forrest. Hopefully they will have some kind of a wall of trees to at least make it seem mysterious rather than just walking in and seeing everything. The area will be divided up into an area where each princess can make her grand entrance, an area where princesses will tell stories (what will happen to Story Time with Belle?), and an area for pictures and autographs, hopefully each princess getting her own fitting background.

                        While I'm not thrilled with the idea, character greetings are popular, especially with princesses. I think this would be a better use of that space than unnecessary retail that can all be found on Main Street. And remember, the whole reason that tent even exists was for the old Disney Afternoon Show, which was followed by meeting areas for pictures and autographs.
                        Thank you for the exciting additional information, goofystitch. :thumbup:


                        The sub lagoon site would be a splended place to include the Snow White's diamond mine coaster along with the Little Mermaid dark ride. The replacement of the aging Snow White's Scary Adventures by Beauty and the Beast would be a very welcome change! Still, the Enchanted Forest needs a ride in order to be of interest to a wider cross-section of guests.
                        To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Enchanted Forest Expansion Coming To Fantasyland

                          I don't think Enchanted Forrest is meant to widely appeal to park guests, just those interested in the Princesses. As I've said before, the rumored plan sounds almost exactly like Princess Fantasy Fair at Disneyland, which is just a glorified meet and greet.
                          I'm attempting to watch and review every Disney movie ever made in my blog called The Disney Films. You can also follow me on Twitter for news on upcoming Disney films.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Enchanted Forest Expansion Coming To Fantasyland

                            Originally posted by goofystitch View Post
                            I don't think Enchanted Forrest is meant to widely appeal to park guests, just those interested in the Princesses. As I've said before, the rumored plan sounds almost exactly like Princess Fantasy Fair at Disneyland, which is just a glorified meet and greet.
                            I would hope that WDW would come up with something better and more guest friendly than the DL Princess Fantasy Faire. There is tons of room to expand there compared to DL. They converted the Fantasyland Theater at DL into a Princess meet and greet with shows, storytelling and other interactions. Now because of budget cuts, they have killed the show, storytellings and the arts and crafts. The only thing left in the area is the actual Royal Walk with is the meet and greet.

                            The line for this averages 45 minutes to an hour and a half and offers interaction with three Princess or one of their royal guest i.e. Mulan, Fairy Godmother. The entire area is almost useless now unless you have small girls that are into Princess. They should put the Princess back in front of the castle throughout the day and either convert the Fantasyland Theater into an actual show again (which doesn't generate money so that may not happen) or bulldoze it for a Princess themed attraction that keeps with the Fantasyland theme. The Little Mermaid attraction coming to DCA would have been an excellent addition to the DL Fantasyland.
                            "Some of us prefer illusion to despair!" ~ Nelson Muntz of The Simpsons when being teased for liking Snow White and being told that she was just an actress.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Enchanted Forest Expansion Coming To Fantasyland

                              Originally posted by goofystitch View Post
                              I don't think Enchanted Forrest is meant to widely appeal to park guests, just those interested in the Princesses. As I've said before, the rumored plan sounds almost exactly like Princess Fantasy Fair at Disneyland, which is just a glorified meet and greet.
                              It's beginning to appear that you are right. A glorified meet and greet is quite a let down in my eyes. Perhaps the musical shows will be terrific and worth seeing.
                              To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X