Announcement

Collapse

Attention New Uber/Lyft Users

If you are planning to use Uber or Lyft anywhere in the US and have not already taken your first ride, you can use the following codes for a free or discounted first ride (amount varies by location). Uber - matthewb96 Lyft - matthewb96
See more
See less

Best Magic Kingdom Ride?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best Magic Kingdom Ride?

Originally posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    I really don't think you should include an extinct ride in the poll...

As for HM and Snow White, both WDW versions are better than the ones at DL. The HM is better since the refurb, and Snow White actually has a good ending.
    Ya I really shouldn't I just love that ride (the profile picture and signature usually give it away). I do agree with you on Snow White and as for HM I loved it both ways, both equally.
    Motor Mania!:yea:

Comment

Hmm Splash mountain has taken a fall and his now 4 votes behind Haunted mansion which is currently leading with a total of 17 votes.

Comment

Splash mountains the best in Magic Kingdom hands down IMO. Space hurt the last time and HM is getting to boring for me. I also love Frontierland. Close second is PotC
        -Tyler

Comment

TTA. Best ride ever! (yes, I'm a little weird, but I love it all the same).

Comment

I think that "Pirates of the Caribbean" is the best ride in Magic Kingdom, though I have to say it is tough. Each Land is almost like its own park for me, and each land appeals to me in different ways. To me, comparing Space Mountain to Pirates of the Caribbean is like comparing apples and oranges!
            Still Pirates is one of those classics that just never gets old. I live in Miami, so I go to Disney a lot. Even though I've only lived here for 3 years, my family has always gone to Disney World all the time! Pirates is one of those rides we can all agree that we have to go on everytime we go to the park.

Comment

Once upon a time I would have said Splash, but when I was last there at Christmas the upkeep was so bad that I would say Big Thunder is currently my favourite.

Also prefer HM and Snow White at MK over the DL versions.

Comment

I voted for Thunder Mountain

Comment

I was completely enthralled by Haunted Mansion and how it's pretty much DLR HM but with more rooms. I love the Escher staircase room and the part where the eyes blend into the wallpaper. Awesome! It's got my vote.
                  "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"
                  1st Place - MiceChat Gumball Rally 2012

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

Comment

Originally posted by sassy*tink View Post
                    I went with other...Philarmagic. I know it's more of a show than an attraction, but I love it! It's my favorite there for some reason.
                    I really enjoy Mickey's Philarmagic, and I like the classics, Haunted Mansion and Pirates, but I voted for Splash as my favorite Magic Kingdom attraction.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Cliff View Post
                      Once upon a time I would have said Splash, but when I was last there at Christmas the upkeep was so bad that I would say Big Thunder is currently my favourite.

Also prefer HM and Snow White at MK over the DL versions.
                      You are kidding? MK's Big Thunder has decresed in quality since they deleted some of it's special effects, like the falliing rocks? Not to mention the flood scene is more like a mildew attack. And while the Snow White ride may be more in tune with the actual movie, the technical aspects of it are horrendous and quite cheap, especially when compared to the more superior versions in CA, Tokyo and especially Paris.

Comment

Y'see, Sir_Cliff - Big Thunder isn't really your favorite - TDLFAN just told you so!

Comment

:lol: You guys are cracking me up.

Comment

I think that "Pirates of the Caribbean" is the best ride in Magic Kingdom, though I have to say it is tough. Each Land is almost like its own park for me, and each land appeals to me in different ways. To me, comparing Space Mountain to Pirates of the Caribbean is like comparing apples and oranges!
                            Still Pirates is one of those classics that just never gets old. I live in Miami, so I go to Disney a lot. Even though I've only lived here for 3 years, my family has always gone to Disney World all the time! Pirates is one of those rides we can all agree that we have to go on everytime we go to the park.
                            While I enjoy Pirates at Magic Kingdom, I really can't pick it as one of my faves because it pales next to the Disneyland version. DL's POTC is the gold standard.

And while the Snow White ride may be more in tune with the actual movie, the technical aspects of it are horrendous and quite cheap, especially when compared to the more superior versions in CA, Tokyo and especially Paris.
                            DL's Snow White is scarier, but I give ML's SWSA a lot of credit for having a real and well executed ending. You have to admit the brutaly abrupt ending at DL really downgrades their version.

Overall, though, I will say that Disneyland's Fantasyland beats the pants off of the Magic Kingdom's.

Comment

I just love Splash Mountain, not only because I'm a sucker for that big drop, but also because of the story that goes behind it. It's fabulous to see all those singing characters surrounding you, and there's so much to look at. BTM would probably be my second favorite, although I don't know that the story is as clear on that one. It certainly is an interesting one though.

Comment

Originally posted by BANANAZ View Post
                                I just love Splash Mountain, not only because I'm a sucker for that big drop, but also because of the story that goes behind it. It's fabulous to see all those singing characters surrounding you, and there's so much to look at. BTM would probably be my second favorite, although I don't know that the story is as clear on that one. It certainly is an interesting one though.

I concur it's one of my favorite rides, and not just because I'm originally from the boonies in deep Mississippi...my favorite ride though has to be Haunted Mansion I just love riding it and trying to pick out all of the small details that went into that ride, been riding it a couple times a year for going on 25 years and I still don't think that I've seen everything that there is to pick out for that ride...

I didn't know the storyline for BTM until I read the Imagineering book...and without reading that I don't think I ever would have figured out the exact story
                                The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
                                -George S. Patton

Comment

Splash!
                                  "If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you." -Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Hmm a tie lets see what happens. It's been pretty even between haunted mansion and splash, can't wait to see what happens.

Comment

I know it sounds weird, but I like Disneyland's splash better than MKs.

The HM's are so different and I loved MK's design!!!!

Besides HM, my fave ride MK was the people mover or whatever it iscalled there...
                                      I missed that and it was so nostalgic to ride it once again

Comment

I went to MK and rode them all...wasn't impressed. I found the DL versions to be superior in one way or another.

Sorry, MK fanboys...

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
                                        HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
                                        ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
                                        FOLLOW MY BLOG: <<LIFE, THE UNIVERSE, AND EVERYTHING>>

Comment

Originally posted by The Disneylander View Post
                                          I went to MK and rode them all...wasn't impressed. I found the DL versions to be superior in one way or another.

Sorry, MK fanboys...
                                          Hey I'm one of those Mk fanboys. I was going supposed to go to disneyland on the 21st but that didn't work out so well. I live in Florida so instead I'm going to mk. It seems just by looking at these parks Dl is much better.
                                          Last edited by Spacoli; 08-01-2009, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X