Announcement

Collapse

Attention New Uber/Lyft Users

If you are planning to use Uber or Lyft anywhere in the US and have not already taken your first ride, you can use the following codes for a free or discounted first ride (amount varies by location). Uber - matthewb96 Lyft - matthewb96
See more
See less

Best Magic Kingdom Ride?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best Magic Kingdom Ride?

Originally posted by The Disneylander View Post
    I went to MK and rode them all...wasn't impressed. I found the DL versions to be superior in one way or another.

Sorry, MK fanboys...

Yeah I'm a MK fanboy too, but theres two major problems I have with DL one it's size, it seems so much more crowded than it is..the second problem I have with DL is it's in Cali and I've had problems with Cali since the USMC decided to send me to the University of San Diego, for some odd reason that ruined my thoughts of how SoCal was...
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

Comment

Well, you asked 2 different questions.
      I answered my FAVORITE - Peter Pan.
      But the BEST ride is Big Thunder or Mansion.
      Good morning, son
      In twenty years from now
      Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
      And I can tell you 'bout today
      And how I picked you up and everything changed
      It was pain
      Sunny days and rain
      I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

I vote HM, I loved the MK version last winter. I still wish you'd drive past Little Leota on a speedramp instead of the omnimover, but overall WDW's Mansion just has so much more to offer and I like the more immense since of size that it gives you. (especially in the corridor of doors)

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
        You are kidding? MK's Big Thunder has decresed in quality since they deleted some of it's special effects, like the falliing rocks? Not to mention the flood scene is more like a mildew attack. And while the Snow White ride may be more in tune with the actual movie, the technical aspects of it are horrendous and quite cheap, especially when compared to the more superior versions in CA, Tokyo and especially Paris.
        really? MK's Big Thunder is missing effects? No wonder it felt bland to me last winter :\ I went on Disneyland's this summer and I figured it would just be the less animals in the WDW version. Why did they do that? Does it n33d a refurb?

Anywho I'm going to have to side against you on Snow White. Don't get me wrong I do prefer technical achievements, but it's just weird that DL's Snow White ends with her seemingly pushing the rock down on the dwarves (ok I know that she's supposed to fall but that effect happens so fast it's easily missed and my first couple ride throughs I figured it ends with the Dwarvs dieing and she lives happily ever after)
        "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

Come ON, Space Mountain! The dual tracks, retro 70's space theming... Splash would be second for me.
          Seriously, who's voting for POTC? Go to Anaheim then tell me this one's the best. j/k

Comment

Originally posted by JAG107 View Post
            Come ON, Space Mountain! The dual tracks, retro 70's space theming... Splash would be second for me.
            Seriously, who's voting for POTC? Go to Anaheim then tell me this one's the best. j/k
            I'd agree, PoTC sucks at WDW, not just for length but for lack of technical effects and maintenance. (saw a Pirate with his pants down this last Christmas)

Anywho Space Mountain is definitly a good pick. It is a bit Matterhorn like in my book but dualing tracks are still cool and I love the Peoplemover integration the most. I think it's awesome how the two rides cross each other.
            "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

Originally posted by Jspider View Post
              I'd agree, PoTC sucks at WDW, not just for length but for lack of technical effects and maintenance. (saw a Pirate with his pants down this last Christmas)

Anywho Space Mountain is definitly a good pick. It is a bit Matterhorn like in my book but dualing tracks are still cool and I love the Peoplemover integration the most. I think it's awesome how the two rides cross each other.

He was just using the bathroom outside to add to the realism for the ride experience..

On a serious note though I agree WDW maintenance has really slipped off in recent years, and it's starting to show in ways like this, that while funny still spoil some of the experience for their guests.
              The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
              -George S. Patton

Comment

Hmm HM seems to have a taken a lead by 4 votes. It still seems though that Splash and HM are tied, since both seem to take turns being the leader.
                Motor Mania!:yea:

Comment

Originally posted by JAG107 View Post
                  Seriously, who's voting for POTC? Go to Anaheim then tell me this one's the best.
                  To be fair, it's not about which is better in DL or WDW, but which is the best in WDW. I could easily see it as one of the MK's best, upkeep/maintanence issues aside.
                  It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

I think that the HM is the best. Its the only ride other than BTM to be an original untouched story and dose not feature characters who have been in a Disney movie. The only reason I didn't pick BTM is because it's a roller coaster and you really don't have the time to appreciate the detail as you whiz by.

Comment

Working...
                    X